Anna Kournikova Memphis Promos - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 11th, 2003, 06:55 PM   #1
country flag anton

anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light
Anna Kournikova Memphis Promos

I will try to post them later this evening. Check back in a few hours.

By the way the tourney director said he talked to her agent and she is practcing and planning to play.
anton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 11th, 2003, 07:01 PM   #2
country flag anton

anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light
promo #1
anton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 08:42 PM   #3
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute
That's ridiculous ! Why not put andy and Lisa on the cover. THEY ARE THE DEFENDING CHAMPIONS! Plus, Anna has always withdrawn from Memphis each time she has been scheduled to play.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 08:44 PM   #4
country flag WhatTheDeuce

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by mboyle
That's ridiculous ! Why not put andy and Lisa on the cover. THEY ARE THE DEFENDING CHAMPIONS! Plus, Anna has always withdrawn from Memphis each time she has been scheduled to play.
lol....ya im sure lisa raymond will attract more fans!

are you crazy? have a hot ticket to anna kournikova or go see some person no casual tennis fan has even heard of...
Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 08:51 PM   #5

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute
plus ANDY IS ON THE COVER WITH ANNA....think clearly....

and what deos her withdrawing in past years have anything to do with now? nothing. fact is, she's playing this year and the tourney directors are excited about it...simple as that...i can promise that they ain't as excited to see raymond at the tournament
Never come

Old Feb 11th, 2003, 09:20 PM   #6
country flag Rocketta
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute
hmm, I wonder will they be excited about Raymond if Anna loses first round and gets booed off the court as she has been in previous tournaments?
Rocketta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 09:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by Rocketta
hmm, I wonder will they be excited about Raymond if Anna loses first round and gets booed off the court as she has been in previous tournaments?
very intelligent post

and by the way, no disrespect to lisa, but even if that does happen (which it wont), people probably wont be too excited about lisa raymond being the new star attraction...
Never come

Old Feb 11th, 2003, 09:33 PM   #8
country flag Rocketta

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by dlandy22
very intelligent post

and by the way, no disrespect to lisa, but even if that does happen (which it wont), people probably wont be too excited about lisa raymond being the new star attraction...
which people are you talking about?? The tennis fans who pay a couple of hundred dollars to go to the entire tournament or the panting boys who buy one day sessions to see Anna lose?

Also, if you think Lisa Raymond wasn't in all the local papers and on the local television after she won you are mistaken. So I highly doubt that the tennis fans in that community have not heard of Lisa Raymond.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 10:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by Rocketta
which people are you talking about?? The tennis fans who pay a couple of hundred dollars to go to the entire tournament or the panting boys who buy one day sessions to see Anna lose?

Also, if you think Lisa Raymond wasn't in all the local papers and on the local television after she won you are mistaken. So I highly doubt that the tennis fans in that community have not heard of Lisa Raymond.
to see anna lose? lol. she wins matches, just not tournaments...for now at least...

im sure when lisa won she was in all the newspapers...so what? im talking casual tennis fans...my dad likes tennis but he isnt a huge fan. lots of people are like that. and im sure all of them havent heard of lisa raymond. she is not a household name...anna is a better player than lisa, and more people have heard of her and more people want to see her (panting teenage boys and tennis fans in general)...
Never come

Old Feb 11th, 2003, 10:06 PM   #10

and why wouldnt a tennis fan want to see anna play? a gorgeous young lady who has been in the top ten and has beaten all the top players...why wouldnt a tennis fan want to see anna?
Never come

Old Feb 11th, 2003, 10:10 PM   #11
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
I have no idea why they are not promoting Chanda at all.

Chanda is the highest-ranked player coming; she is very likely to still be playing in the tournament on the final day; and she lives in the next-door state of Louisiana. Plus, she is gorgeous.

It is short-sighted for them to ignore her totally in the tournament web site and promos. But, what else is new.

Win the title, Chanda! Winning is the best answer to these bozos who ignore you!
auntie janie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 10:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally posted by janie
I have no idea why they are not promoting Chanda at all.

Chanda is the highest-ranked player coming; she is very likely to still be playing in the tournament on the final day; and she lives in the next-door state of Louisiana. Plus, she is gorgeous.

It is short-sighted for them to ignore her totally in the tournament web site and promos. But, what else is new.

Win the title, Chanda! Winning is the best answer to these bozos who ignore you!
lol hey janie! i too am surprised chanda hasnt been in the advertisements...but certainly you can understand why anna k is in the paper over lisa raymond... @ the ignorant anna bashers...
Never come

Old Feb 11th, 2003, 10:47 PM   #13
country flag ptkten

ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute
I think Anna has been entered for a long time, Chanda entered just when the commitment lists came out. Maybe that's why.

Anyway good luck to Anna, Chanda, and Lisa at Memphis!

McHale-Stephens-Watson-Robson-Townsend

Brodsky-Muhammed-Hampton-Keys-Crawford-Andrews-Hardebeck
ptkten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 11:18 PM   #14
country flag Rocketta

Quote:
anna is a better player than lisa, and more people have heard of her and more people want to see her (panting teenage boys and tennis fans in general)...
Kournikova is a better tennis player than Lisa Raymond? How do you figure cause Anna has more "talent" whatever that means?

Anna has been ranked as high as 8 , Lisa has been ranked as high as 15.

Anna has two Doubles grand slams and Lisa has 3 Double and 3 Mixed-Double.

Anna has zero singles titles, Lisa has 3.

Anna has been ranked #1 in doubles and Lisa has been ranked #1 in doubles.

Anna has been a finalist in the singles competition 4 times without winning, Lisa has been a finalist 7 times without winning.

Anna has 16 doubles titles, Lisa has 36.

Anna has zero Mixed Doubles Titles, Lisa has 3.

So please explain to me what measuring criteria that you are using to make a statement like Kournikova is a better tennis player than Lisa Raymond?

more people have definitely heard of Anna but everyone who has attended the tournament last year knows who Lisa Raymond is, anyone who followed the tournament in the local papers know who Lisa Raymond is. Maybe she doesn't inspire them to spend money or maybe the tournament is enough inspiration to spend the money. However, I seriously doubt any Anna(only) fan would invest money in anything other than a R1 session ticket.

To me its very disrespectful to all the players but especially Raymond who is defending champ that they wouldn't even give her a small acknowledgement on their promos! That is pure Shiite!

Also, I wish people would credit Anna for her deeds not their wishfull/hopefull thinking. Does she have the talent to be <insert accolade>, maybe, has she earned such accolade based on her tennis accomplishments recently, No. People throw that word talent around so frequently its starting to lose all meaning.
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 01:00 AM   #15
Dawn Marie

Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute
Anna usually loses so fast and so quick that this photo gives Anna fans a chance to watch Anna's **game** during the tournament.
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. "Cree Native American Prophecy"
Dawn Marie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote