Jelena Dokic VS. Jennifer Capriati: The Slumpers - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which one of these loserettes with leave the Top 10 first?

Dokic for sure! 21 45.65%
JCap for sure! 5 10.87%
They both suck and will exit at the same time! 5 10.87%
Dokic is leaving, but Jenny just can't see! 10 21.74%
Jennys probably getting high, but Dokic's the real deal! 5 10.87%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 10th, 2003, 09:44 PM   #1
country flag CJ07

CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Jelena Dokic VS. Jennifer Capriati: The Slumpers

Jelena Dokic

Jennifer Capriati

Both these players have had nagging losses to lesser players and cant quite find their form. And with the likes of Chanda Rubin and Elena Bovina nipping at their heels to get into the elite, will these players say sayonara to the top? And if so, which one first?

Dokic can say bye-bye come Rome
Capriati can say adios come Charleston

Welcome Back Chanda!
Come on in Elena!

Seriously, whats up with these two?
CJ07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 10th, 2003, 09:56 PM   #2
country flag yukon145

yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute
Capriati played poorly because she didn't have enough prep time after her eyes were fixed. She said she really played the aussie open because she was the defending champ. She'll be back on top real soon. I think Dokic has too many other things going on in her life like her father and which country she should play for next week.
yukon145 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 10:03 PM   #3
gourownway

gourownway is just really nice gourownway is just really nice gourownway is just really nice gourownway is just really nice gourownway is just really nice gourownway is just really nice gourownway is just really nice gourownway is just really nice gourownway is just really nice gourownway is just really nice gourownway is just really nice
The capster will wash that damn red dye out of her hair and be holding her own in no time. Well, alteast I hope so.
gourownway is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 10:05 PM   #4
country flag CJ07

CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute
in case you didnt know, JCap has been slumping since her loss to Serena at RG

QF Amelie Mauresmo (FRA) L 3-6 2-6
QF Jelena Dokic (YUG) L 6-2 2-6 4-6
QF Ai Sugiyama (JPN) L 3-6 3-6
F Amelie Mauresmo (FRA) L 4-6 1-6
QF Amelie Mauresmo (FRA) L 6-4 6-7(5) 3-6
R16 Alexandra Stevenson (USA) L 6-7(4) 6-4 4-6
R16 Conchita Martinez (ESP) L 0-6 3-6
QF Alexandra Stevenson (USA) L 1-6 1-6

SF Serena Williams (USA) L 6-2 4-6 4-6

Elite Wins: 2
those were BEFORE the eye thing
and while she played well against Serena, she choked (why do i keep mispeliing this word?!?! ) like a bama when it came time to close out

Last edited by CJ07 : Feb 10th, 2003 at 11:57 PM.
CJ07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 10:10 PM   #5
country flag Venus Forever
Team WTAworld

Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of
Both better clean it up soon, or they will both to the top 10.

I can honestly see Dokic leaving, but Capriati sticking around.

Good Luck: RENA, MATTEK, HAYNES, GULLICKSON, HARKLEROAD, RUBIN, GRANVILLE, LEE-WATERS, SCHNYDER, JACKSON, PERRY, KING, SUGIYAMA, PIERCE, TULYAGANOVA, IVANOVIC, KUZNETSOVA, MOLIK, DANIILIDOU, MEDINA GARRIGUES, PETROVA, PENNETTA, GOLOVIN, PEER, LI, SCHIAVONE, RAZZANO, ZVONAREVA, SPREM, SREBOTNIK, VINCI, & SAFINA
Venus Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 10:19 PM   #6
rfs1999

rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice
Dokic
rfs1999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 10:29 PM   #7
Xavier_Malisse

Xavier_Malisse is just really nice Xavier_Malisse is just really nice Xavier_Malisse is just really nice Xavier_Malisse is just really nice Xavier_Malisse is just really nice Xavier_Malisse is just really nice Xavier_Malisse is just really nice Xavier_Malisse is just really nice Xavier_Malisse is just really nice Xavier_Malisse is just really nice Xavier_Malisse is just really nice
You think Jen's going down? Nope...the only time she's going down is when she's excited...
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 10:34 PM   #8
country flag Jennifer's wife

Jennifer's wife is a splendid one to behold Jennifer's wife is a splendid one to behold Jennifer's wife is a splendid one to behold Jennifer's wife is a splendid one to behold Jennifer's wife is a splendid one to behold Jennifer's wife is a splendid one to behold Jennifer's wife is a splendid one to behold Jennifer's wife is a splendid one to behold Jennifer's wife is a splendid one to behold Jennifer's wife is a splendid one to behold Jennifer's wife is a splendid one to behold
jen will, like, u know, b back wen she can see properly!

French open: bring it on!

~Jennifer Capriati~

I'M THE CAPPER'S SLAPPER!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hotjennifercapriati/
Jennifer's wife is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 10:45 PM   #9
country flag CapFan#1

CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough
Another stupid thread by a huge Williams fan who takes pleasure at taking cheap shots at other players, esp. Jenn. GET A LIFE YOU A-HOLE! Neither one of these players, esp. Jenn is going anywhere. Jenn has a couple of bad matches due to - hello- EYE surgery (last time I checked being able to see was a really big part of playing tennis), and all of a sudden she's out of the top 10 GROW UP! Start threads to chear on your Williams girls, but leave my Jenn the FUCK alone!
CapFan#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 10:51 PM   #10
country flag Venus Forever
Team WTAworld

Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by pcornille
Another stupid thread by a huge Williams fan who takes pleasure at taking cheap shots at other players, esp. Jenn. GET A LIFE YOU A-HOLE! Neither one of these players, esp. Jenn is going anywhere. Jenn has a couple of bad matches due to - hello- EYE surgery (last time I checked being able to see was a really big part of playing tennis), and all of a sudden she's out of the top 10 GROW UP! Start threads to chear on your Williams girls, but leave my Jenn the FUCK alone!
I think this thread has a very valid point, and if you can't see it you must be delusional.

This is not just about Jen's losses to Panova and Weingartner. It goes back to last year when she lost to Alexandra Stevenson TWICE, and Conchita Martinez. She should be beating them rather easily, yet lost to them easily. Also, the fact that Mauresmo, Serena, Venus, and others seem to have her number.

As for Dokic, she has been in a slump for about half the year. Ever since her loss to Bovina at the Open, she has been in a funk.

Good Luck: RENA, MATTEK, HAYNES, GULLICKSON, HARKLEROAD, RUBIN, GRANVILLE, LEE-WATERS, SCHNYDER, JACKSON, PERRY, KING, SUGIYAMA, PIERCE, TULYAGANOVA, IVANOVIC, KUZNETSOVA, MOLIK, DANIILIDOU, MEDINA GARRIGUES, PETROVA, PENNETTA, GOLOVIN, PEER, LI, SCHIAVONE, RAZZANO, ZVONAREVA, SPREM, SREBOTNIK, VINCI, & SAFINA
Venus Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 10:56 PM   #11
country flag yukon145

yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute
Well said pcornille. As for those other loses, they were at the end of the year indoors. Jenn doesn't play great at the end of the year most of the time and hates playing inside.
yukon145 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 11:09 PM   #12
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute
ok first of all, can you give Dokic some time to ajust please. WTF to u expect her to win all the time after like 3 months off, and she's with a new coach and she's trying to change her game and it can't change in an instant. second of all, she isn't really slumping. hey compare Jen and Jelena in 2003, and who actually WON a match????? and dont gimme that bull about Jen's eyes because it's 100% bull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and besides Jelena had 200+ points over Myskina who is right behind her, and as a matter of fact, why don't u put in Seles for that matter becasue if she fails to defend her title she's pretty much outta the top 10. and three, Dokic has absolutely nothing to defend til her defence of her title, and Jen has beaucoup points to defend, so we can all say sayonara to Jen Cap.

Havok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 11:17 PM   #13
country flag Jennifer's wife

Jennifer's wife is a splendid one to behold Jennifer's wife is a splendid one to behold Jennifer's wife is a splendid one to behold Jennifer's wife is a splendid one to behold Jennifer's wife is a splendid one to behold Jennifer's wife is a splendid one to behold Jennifer's wife is a splendid one to behold Jennifer's wife is a splendid one to behold Jennifer's wife is a splendid one to behold Jennifer's wife is a splendid one to behold Jennifer's wife is a splendid one to behold
yea, like , whatever!

~Jennifer Capriati~

I'M THE CAPPER'S SLAPPER!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hotjennifercapriati/
Jennifer's wife is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 11:19 PM   #14
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute
yea, like what r u a character straight out of "Clueless"

Havok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 11:23 PM   #15
country flag 2284

2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice
Jelena has the potential to be a top 5 player...but she plays too many tournaments...and has a lot of family problems. I can't see her having a lot of sucess until she sorts these things out.
2284 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote