Serena vs. Daniilidu - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 7th, 2003, 01:55 AM   #1
SerenaSlam

SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future
Serena vs. Daniilidu

This is the match-up that i want so bad! There are so many people on this board that really didn't give serena the credit she deserved for beating Eleni at the OZ. Yes Daniilidou's serve let her down in the first set, but serena just killed her in the second. Daniilidou is very power, good, and talented player, but really she has nothing on serena.

If they meet, who do you think will win?

Serena something like 6-3 6-2!
SerenaSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 7th, 2003, 02:31 AM   #2
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute
i think she'll meet up w/ Dokic

Havok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 04:55 AM   #3
daniilidou

daniilidou is just really nice daniilidou is just really nice daniilidou is just really nice daniilidou is just really nice daniilidou is just really nice daniilidou is just really nice daniilidou is just really nice daniilidou is just really nice daniilidou is just really nice daniilidou is just really nice daniilidou is just really nice
Daniilidou's match with Serena at AUS was entirely uncharacteristic of Lena's capabilites. She usually has her 1st serve percentage in the 70's and against serena, it was at 51%. Who knows what happened to her. Apart from the serving, Daniilidou matched Serena's groundstrokes very well and hung in the rallies with a variety of shots. If Eleni served the way she usually does, I truly believe it would have been a much more competitive match. I hope they do meet too
daniilidou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 11:39 AM   #4
Experimentee

Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute
Daniilidou wasnt at her best in that match but neither was Serena. I'd like to have this matchup again too, but i think Serena will win in straight sets if she plays well and keeps her errors down.
Experimentee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 04:28 PM   #5
SerenaSlam

SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future
well the match is official, can't wait for tomorrow!

Let The Word....Do the Work...

Speak over YOURSELF...

Follow Me! @CedricEarl
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 07:51 PM   #6
country flag vs1

vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold
Serena def. Eleni 6-3, 6-3

Here comes the sun

It's alright

You can come on out

SERENA WILLIAMS - 2005 AUSTRALIAN OPEN CHAMPION!!!

OFFICIAL BISHOP OF THE ROYAL COURT!

Andy_ & I are Zelda's Guys of the Decade!!!
vs1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 08:23 PM   #7
MartinaW

MartinaW is an unknown quantity at this point
Good Luck Eleni!
Nothing is impossible
MartinaW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 08:23 PM   #8
TSequoia01

TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future
It will be a good test for Serena. I think it will be close with the Princess Of Power prevailing 7-5, 6-4.

SERENA PRINCESS OF POWER
Victoria Duval - coming to a slam near you
AJLA TOMLJANOVIC definitely a future #1

Serena and Venus grannies with a purpose
Kimiko Date Krumm great granny still doing her thing.
TSequoia01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2003, 01:24 AM   #9
SerenaSlam

i don't think it will be close at all, serena didn't know what type of game daniilidou was going to bring to the court, i think this time she is looking for the short ball, and giving her all types of power, even though daniilidou like the power, serena has a lil to much for her to handle. you could tell in some points she was hangin w/ serena, but when serena went all out on a couple of shots, not only did she catch eleni off guard, but really she could do nothing about it, and serena one the points easily. this match is entirely in the hands of Princess Serena, and she will win something like 6-3 6-2!

Let The Word....Do the Work...

Speak over YOURSELF...

Follow Me! @CedricEarl
Old Feb 8th, 2003, 01:41 AM   #10
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
This match will be closer than the one in Melbourne....well hopefully anyway. According to Stephanie Foretz, Eleni was serving very well against her (phew!), so hopefully she has that aspect of her game sorted (for now).

She can steal a set off Serena, I have no doubt about it (she took Serena to 4-4 in Oz, and was matching her from the back up until that point), let's just hope she comes out swinging and has learned from her mistakes! Whatever happens, great week anyway
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2003, 04:49 AM   #11
country flag vs1

vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold
I wouldn't be suprised if Serena served a bagel and breadstick tomorrow, but I still stick with my prediction of 63, 63

Here comes the sun

It's alright

You can come on out

SERENA WILLIAMS - 2005 AUSTRALIAN OPEN CHAMPION!!!

OFFICIAL BISHOP OF THE ROYAL COURT!

Andy_ & I are Zelda's Guys of the Decade!!!
vs1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2003, 05:31 AM   #12
BasicTennis

BasicTennis has disabled reputation
Serena will dump Eleni.

Madame Oracene Williams could certainly teach the French & Belgian crowds on how to upgrade their respective primitive behaviours during a tennis match.
BasicTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote