Wimbledon Chat Thread: The Lawn of Dreams - Page 26 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 6th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #376
Vodkapova
#CareerSlamPova

Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wimbledon Chat Thread: The Lawn of Dreams

I started jinxing Sabine in that last game. Very happy for Marion. Nice to see Amelie and Kristina in the box.
Vodkapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 6th, 2013, 02:37 PM   #377
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of

Congratulation Bartoli, She played well enough to beat nervous Lisicki.
And the way someone said she hasn't beat a Top player to win, that's not her fault, remember Maria and Marion is in same R16's section
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#56
PAW Rank:#108
FITD Rank:#188.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 02:38 PM   #378
country flag Kim's_fan_4ever
The only girl in the world.

Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Marion Fkin awesome!!!
If you love someone, you tell them
Even if you're scared that it's not the right thing
Even if you're scared that it'll cause problems
Even if you're scared that it'll burn you life to the ground, you say it
And you say it loud
Kim's_fan_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #379
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future

Who would have thought that we'd ever see Marion Bartoli storm to a Wimbledon title without dropping a set? An amazing career achievement for her. She played like the cool veteran and Sabine was the one who was sloppy and nervous. Valiant effort in the last few games from Lisicki, but the damage was already done. I think fatigue was a factor after those two long and emotional matches against Serena and Agi. Marion, meanwhile, was fresh as a daisy heading into the final.

Very similar to the 2010 French Open. Stosur did all of the work, defeating a number of top players, but ran out of gas when she needed it the most and lost to the under-the-radar veteran Schiavone. And in this Wimbledon, Sabine took out 3 top players, Stosur-Serena-Agi, to get to the final, but Bartoli steals her thunder in the end.

Strange tournament. Happy for Marion. Glad it's over.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #380
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

I was really hoping it wouldn't happen, but Sabine imploded and folded like a cheap tent. But still, kudos to Bartoli for not panicking in the end and being able to close it out the way she did, with her own good play. I actually can't believe how badly I felt for Bine afterwards, I think the girl truly deserved it more, but oh well, still a great tournament for her. And honestly, I really hope she will be able to lift that Wimbly trophy one day, she may not deserve to be a Slam champion of one of the other three, but she definitely does deserve to be the champion at the London grass.

Marion Bartoli, Wimbledon champion. Now I have truly seen it all when it comes to tennis

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #381
country flag Kim's_fan_4ever
The only girl in the world.

Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

I need Marion avatars, graphics makers, por favor Hope they make a good session with Marion afterwards.
If you love someone, you tell them
Even if you're scared that it's not the right thing
Even if you're scared that it'll cause problems
Even if you're scared that it'll burn you life to the ground, you say it
And you say it loud
Kim's_fan_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 02:51 PM   #382
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Who would have thought that we'd ever see Marion Bartoli storm to a Wimbledon title without dropping a set? An amazing career achievement for her. She played like the cool veteran and Sabine was the one who was sloppy and nervous. Valiant effort in the last few games from Lisicki, but the damage was already done. I think fatigue was a factor after those two long and emotional matches against Serena and Agi. Marion, meanwhile, was fresh as a daisy heading into the final.

Very similar to the 2010 French Open. Stosur did all of the work, defeating a number of top players, but ran out of gas when she needed it the most and lost to the under-the-radar veteran Schiavone. And in this Wimbledon, Sabine took out 3 top players, Stosur-Serena-Agi, to get to the final, but Bartoli steals her thunder in the end.

Exactly the way I feel about it too. And I still can't believe how badly I felt for Bine, considering she got off my favorites list when she beat Maria in 2012 (yes, I know, I'm too vengeful )

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:02 PM   #383
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Not much of a final, but most wanted Aga to lose in the semis, so I guess they got the final that they deserved.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:09 PM   #384
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Awful match, but the lesser evil won!
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #385
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
Awful match, but the lesser evil won!
I don't know. When you look at the list of slam champions of recent decades Marion looks like the odd one. The others were either established star players or when it was an outsider she had t go through some big names. Marion didn't have to play anyone in the top 15 for the entire tournament. Lisicki would have been more legit after beating Stosur, Serena and Aga. But none of this is Marion's fault of course, so congrats to her for winning Wimbledon.

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #386
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

That's what a lot of people on twitter and tv say too, I could even agree but then what would be of the slams where Serena (Wimb 2010) beat only 1 top15 or Maria's RG last year?
The fact is like you said, it's not her fault (and their fault) all the better players lost before, so be it.
Also, like you said, when you look the recent slam winners Marion looks odd for sure, but not much more than Stosur or Na or Schiavone... those things happen. And, sorry, but Lisicki would've been WAY more odd than the ones I mentioned.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #387
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post

Well it's all about the final hurdle. I don't think Sabine ran out of gas so much as let the occasion get to her. I say it's easier to cause an upset in a Slam than it is to actually win a Slam.

Still Marion can take the Venus Rosewater dish and use it as it as a giant "FUCK YOU!" to her haters. I can't think of anyone who has been such a huge underdog for her entire career. I hope she enjoys it with cake.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #388
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Wanted Marion to win. So happy for her

Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #389
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
Well it's all about the final hurdle. I don't think Sabine ran out of gas so much as let the occasion get to her. I say it's easier to cause an upset in a Slam than it is to actually win a Slam.

Still Marion can take the Venus Rosewater dish and use it as it as a giant "FUCK YOU!" to her haters. I can't think of anyone who has been such a huge underdog for her entire career. I hope she enjoys it with cake.
I don't know why Sabine would wilt under this pressure though. If she could stare down and defeat Serena in a 3rd set and then do the same to Agi a few days later, when Rad was playing so well, then why should facing Bartoli end up being the match to crush her? I realize the actual "FINAL" is a whole different animal compared to other rounds, but, at this point, I thought Sabine had enough experience under her belt to be prepared for this moment. It was a disappointing flop.

But I guess you just never know what the pressures of a major final will do to certain players. I never thought that Maria would have been the one to play so scared and tentative in that 2011 final and that Petra would be the calm one....

Sometimes I have trouble figuring the sport of tennis out.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #390
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
That's what a lot of people on twitter and tv say too, I could even agree but then what would be of the slams where Serena (Wimb 2010) beat only 1 top15 or Maria's RG last year?
The fact is like you said, it's not her fault (and their fault) all the better players lost before, so be it.
Also, like you said, when you look the recent slam winners Marion looks odd for sure, but not much more than Stosur or Na or Schiavone... those things happen. And, sorry, but Lisicki would've been WAY more odd than the ones I mentioned.
Yes, but they haven proven themselves to be big champions throughout their careers.

But never mind me. I'm just pissed of that Aga didn't win this thing. As for Marion - she deserves it. She's been around for a long time, she competes hard and she beat the seven players they put in front of her.

Caroline Wozniacki