Wimbledon Chat Thread: The Lawn of Dreams - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 05:46 AM   #241
country flag Kim's_fan_4ever
The only girl in the world.

Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wimbledon Chat Thread: The Lawn of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeMashabator View Post

Heyyy, what's up? I was out of town this morning
There were big things going on yesterday and I was just wondering where you were
If you love someone, you tell them
Even if you're scared that it's not the right thing
Even if you're scared that it'll cause problems
Even if you're scared that it'll burn you life to the ground, you say it
And you say it loud
Kim's_fan_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 06:35 AM   #242
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
Please, don't root for Petra or Na, will you?
Sorry, but if I knew for sure that rooting for Petra would guarantee her defeat, I would do so. She has been a huge waste of talent for the past year and a half and I don't believe she deserves to be in a position to hoist that champion's plate this year.

She's still out of shape and lazy and her game remains an unpredictable mess. She hasn't even played particularly well in this tournament and if not for a fortuitous suspension of her match against Makarova, I think she would have lost. She's been blessed with an incredibly easy draw, that's all.

A nice girl with a lot of ability, but I want someone to win who's been playing like they're earning it.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 06:43 AM   #243
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I know Petra is slumping since 2012 and I partially agree with you
Buy for how the season is going, nobody left is really deserving, imo. Na Petra or Aga would be quite the same outcome, but at least they're slam-worthy players, unlike the rest left which is a bunch of players which are less talented than those three and only have one decent result once in a while.
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 08:09 AM   #244
country flag FlopPoova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute

SORRY IM LATE, BUT SERENA LOST???? WHAT. TIME TO GO DIE. BYE.

Wimbledon 2013

I want some random girl to win now. Sloane?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I wonder why your avatar is a photo of her at some fashion event then, instead of one in a tennis dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanael View Post
Most of us here make more than 1 Million a year...that is why most of us like tennis. It is a sport for the rich.
FlopPoova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 08:13 AM   #245
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
SORRY IM LATE, BUT SERENA LOST???? WHAT. TIME TO GO DIE. BYE.

Wimbledon 2013

I want some random girl to win now. Sloane?
That's so disrespectful
I hope Li wins it, she should have won the AO and she deserves more than one slam IMO. Petra would be my other choice but I don 't think she should be winning another slam with her form. It still pisses me off that every time Serena loses Maria manages to blow out early as well
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:16 AM   #246
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

For the most quality tennis and contrasting styles, the best final would be Aga vs Petra.
But that's only a big IF should Petra play PEAK grass tennis from now on.

Otherwise I'd like Na vs Petra (for the complete horror show) or
Aga vs. Bartoli (for the complete un-marketability of it )
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:29 AM   #247
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

God please. Bartoli still in the tournament today is already a disgrace, I can't describe what a disaster would it be if she goes on.
As bitter as I am because my fave(s - counting ATP too), I wouldn't say this Wimbledon sucks because of it... I would say it sucks because of the quality of the matches, due to the quality of the players left.
The best match so far has been Serena-Sabine (NO PUN INTENDED). Looking at the QF field in both draws it could be somewhere between a 500 and a 1000 for men, and barely a 470 tournament for women.
It still can be saved by matches like Aga-Na today, and potentially Sabine-Aga/Na and Petra-whoever comes out of those 3, but I hardly see it enjoyable as some people on GM say.
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 11:56 AM   #248
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
Buy for how the season is going, nobody left is really deserving, imo. Na Petra or Aga would be quite the same outcome, but at least they're slam-worthy players, unlike the rest left which is a bunch of players which are less talented than those three and only have one decent result once in a while.
One reason why Lisicki isn't Wimbledon worthy while the others are? I hope you're not still bitter from last year
It's not her fault Wimbledon is on grass and most of the rest of the tour isn't on grass. She's great on it, that's what matters.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 12:17 PM   #249
country flag Trih

I know, I don't want that to look like I hate on her (I always try not to spread hatred even for the players I don't like because I'd like to respect other fans as much as I would like they respect me and my fave), but a slam is a slam, I find it bad when some player have a pretty much below the average career and/or season, but they end up winning a slam so randomly fucked up like this. It's not about the grass or Sabine, I just think for the season and/or (not the season in the case of Petra ) their career, the three players I mentioned are the only really worth winning this tournament.

PS: No, I'm not bitter about last year at all I stop being bitter very soon about the opponent, when Maria gets beaten by someone.. I just keep remembering and tormenting myself about the loss maybe, but I don't have grudge against noone whatsoever.
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 12:23 PM   #250
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

The CC match is fun to watch
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 01:39 PM   #251
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
The CC match is fun to watch
It truly is. Come on Agatha!

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 01:39 PM   #252
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future

Sabine comes out and takes care of business quickly with no sign of a hangover from yesterday. That bodes well for her and she's looking a like a player who's learned some things over the years, who is now a veteran, and is ready to seize this golden opportunity.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 02:15 PM   #253
Vodkapova
#CareerSlamPova

Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, the centre court match is great. One of the best, if not the best, match of the tournament so far.

Also I'm kind of glad Maria didn't have to play Bartoli. She's playing great tennis out of nowhere. Wimbledon seems to bring out the best in a lot of players who's had a horrible/mediocre year (e.g. Pironkova every year, Lisicki, Paszek sometimes, Bartoli, used to be Tanasugarn).
Vodkapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 03:50 PM   #254
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Blondwanska

I'm actually looking semi-forward to the rest of Wimbledon. You have every woman (with the exception of perhaps Flipkins) reasonably feeling as if she could win it all, and there's bound to be some tough, hard fought three setters, rather than Serena molly-whopping everybody.

If Delpo can make it past Ferrer (very unlikely) he'll have as good a chance as Novak and Murray to win this tournament. He's not scared of either.

Last edited by Icky80 : Jul 2nd, 2013 at 03:55 PM.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 03:54 PM   #255
country flag Kim's_fan_4ever
The only girl in the world.

Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Aga

It would be hilarious if Flipkens won. I feel we're going to have a new Slam winner.
If you love someone, you tell them
Even if you're scared that it's not the right thing
Even if you're scared that it'll cause problems
Even if you're scared that it'll burn you life to the ground, you say it
And you say it loud
Kim's_fan_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote