Wimbledon Chat Thread: The Lawn of Dreams - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 1st, 2013, 08:38 PM   #226
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wimbledon Chat Thread: The Lawn of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Did someone call for a Radwanska hater?

I still don't really see her taking the title tbh. Even aside from the deficiencies in her game, I'm not actually sure she's mentally tough enough to take it... she's choked or been uncharacteristically error-prone in quite a few big matches in her career.

Kvitova's probably my favourite player of those left, but I'm actually not sure I want her winning this, purely because I think if she managed to win a Slam while still being so half-assed and unfit, that she'd take the wrong message away from it. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Bartoli take it, I've always had a soft spot for her. And I don't think it's impossible either, if she manages to avoid the nightmare match-up of Radwanska in the final.
Quote:
Originally Posted by masha122 View Post
god plz save us from a radwanska victory lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp_Me_Pova View Post
if aga or li na win the title i won't watch tennis anymore

i don't hate them, just i would throw up to see them with dish parading around, and plus aga doesn't even have a ggame for grass not even serve, and cheering for her to win li na who is the biggest choker ever no thanks..

i hope that kvitova ot lisicki can save me of that disaster
Now that's more like it.

Though I must say, Li Na will be a challenge for her. I do think whoever wins that quarterfinal will make the final at the very least. But you know what? If she's gonna get over her Li hurdle now's the time to do it! Come on Aga!

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 1st, 2013, 08:49 PM   #227
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

yes, c'mon Aga I've had enough of physically gifted ballbashers winning slams in WTA. It's time to go retro and win a slam for a frail weak girl too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 08:56 PM   #228
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

So much for Novak having the cakewalk draw btw He'll have to play Haas, Berdych and Del Potro/Ferrer to make the final.

Meanwhile, Murray's top scalp en route to the final will be the 20th seed
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 09:00 PM   #229
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

I swear it's nothing personal, but Aga holding a GS title? No, thanks.
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 09:32 PM   #230
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abuttons View Post
I swear it's nothing personal, but Aga holding a GS title? No, thanks.
I don't think it will happen, but I would absolutely LOVE it if Aga would win the title. For 50% because I know it would annoy the shit out of 90% of TF, and any player who can do that automatically gets my seal of approval. And for 50% because I truly love her game. She's not my absolute favorite current player in terms of who I root for (although she's in my top five), but if anyone asks me "who's game (among currently active players) do you enjoy watching above all others?" my answer would be "Aga Radwanska - EASILY." I know that's not a popular thing to say at TF, but who cares about what is the popular thing to say at TF?

Even so, since Li Na is my second or third favorite current player I'll be rooting for Na tomorrow. But if Aga would win I wouldn't be devastated and then I would hope that she can go all the way. In other words, whoever wins Li vs Radwanska has to win the title for me.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 09:41 PM   #231
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

^^^
Funny how I always seem to love those players that everyone else hates. I have the reputation of being sort of a nice guy, but in truth I'm a bigger rebel than all GM trolls combined!

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 09:54 PM   #232
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
^^^
Funny how I always seem to love those players that everyone else hates. I have the reputation of being sort of a nice guy, but in truth I'm a bigger rebel than all GM trolls combined!
I'm hoping for a Petra/Marion win.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 10:46 PM   #233
country flag Charlatan
17 >>> Your Fav

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Karma is real, y'all

Anyway, rooting for Aga, Sloane and Sabine (though Sabine used to be on my dislike list last two years)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim's_fan_4ever View Post
Where is my BFF FakeMashabator?

Heyyy, what's up? I was out of town this morning
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 11:05 PM   #234
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

I know I'm quite late with this considering I'm preparing for some stupid exam, but I just gotta say: Bine, the French Open champion slayer Rooting for her, Petra or Na to take it all now

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 11:21 PM   #235
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

I have never hated a tournament more than this one. Now some random is going to end up winning. I'm sorry but Aga should not be a GS champ. I will be super pissed if Petra wins after her awful form for the last year. Li is the only one who can save the tournament for me.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 01:20 AM   #236
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone else but Petra winning will be a total disgrace in my eyes
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 02:48 AM   #237
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

^

Even Li?
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 04:28 AM   #238
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

mmh... I don't know. Maybe she would be ok, just as a payback from that cursed final in AO.
The fact is I'd love Petra to get leveld with Vika in slam counts, after 2 clearly shitty years like 2012/13. It would just be hilarious
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 05:40 AM   #239
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future

This was the 3rd time this year I was openly rooting for Serena to win. The first time was the Aussie Open semi because I needed her around to beat Vika, then at the Doha final for the same reason, and now this Wimbledon because she seemed like the only worthy champ after all the flops on the women's side. And she loses every time.

Man, it didn't occur to me that I should have been cheering hard for Serena at the French final. I could have changed the cosmic order of the tennis universe and Maria would have been champion!

Seriously though, it's such a weird coincidence. I can only be grateful that Azarenka isn't still in the mix because I would be vomiting right now at the thought of her getting another free pass to a Slam title after her joke draw in Melbourne.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 05:44 AM   #240
country flag Trih

Please, don't root for Petra or Na, will you?