Halep - Clay/Grass Titles In Successive Weeks - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 12:59 PM   #1
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Halep - Clay/Grass Titles In Successive Weeks

How many people have ever done that before? Or is it unique? Navratilova followed up her RG triumphs with wins at Eastbourne, but that was a fortnight later. I don't believe that Evert ever did it. It is so unusual to have a clay and grass tournament within a week of each other, so is Halep's achievement unique on the WTA? I admit that I haven't done heaps of research and maybe several people did it in "the old days" when grass court tourneys were normal. Also, this was Nurnberg and s'Hertogenbosch, hardly the world's toughest tournaments, but regardless, this is an amazing achievement.

Bibiane Schoofs Flavia Pennetta Anett Kontaveit Aga Radwanska Tara Moore Sorana Cirstea

MY TWITTER
https://twitter.com/ChrissieBhoy
Chris 84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 01:00 PM   #2
country flag SoulBlade

SoulBlade is a glorious beacon of light SoulBlade is a glorious beacon of light SoulBlade is a glorious beacon of light SoulBlade is a glorious beacon of light SoulBlade is a glorious beacon of light SoulBlade is a glorious beacon of light SoulBlade is a glorious beacon of light SoulBlade is a glorious beacon of light SoulBlade is a glorious beacon of light SoulBlade is a glorious beacon of light SoulBlade is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Halep - Clay/Grass Titles In Successive Weeks

What happened to her game tho? before Rome, she was not doing well at all
SoulBlade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 01:02 PM   #3
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Nothing short of legendary
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 01:02 PM   #4
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBlade View Post
who knows? she's certainly been more aggressive in the last few tournaments than she usually is...

Bibiane Schoofs Flavia Pennetta Anett Kontaveit Aga Radwanska Tara Moore Sorana Cirstea

MY TWITTER
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 01:08 PM   #5
country flag practiceboy

practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future

Rafael Nadal in 2008... RG then Queen's the next week
practiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 01:09 PM   #6
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

And she's much more confident in her game. Her new coach did miracles in just a few weeks.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 01:10 PM   #7
country flag Chris 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by practiceboy View Post
Rafael Nadal in 2008... RG then Queen's the next week
yes, i was aware of that. hence why i said WTA

MY TWITTER
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 01:11 PM   #8
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute

Serena - Wimbledon/Stanford last year

Listen to the silence. That's who I am and what I like.
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 01:11 PM   #9
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBlade View Post
She is playing more with margin and construction than brainless tennis.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 01:11 PM   #10
country flag morbidangle

morbidangle has much to be proud of morbidangle has much to be proud of morbidangle has much to be proud of morbidangle has much to be proud of morbidangle has much to be proud of morbidangle has much to be proud of morbidangle has much to be proud of morbidangle has much to be proud of morbidangle has much to be proud of morbidangle has much to be proud of morbidangle has much to be proud of

Maybe Novotna in 1998. Wimbledon and Prague
morbidangle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 01:11 PM   #11
country flag Si Si Simona

Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 84 View Post
who knows? she's certainly been more aggressive in the last few tournaments than she usually is...
Very simple my Scottish friend
A NEW COACH - Andrei Mlandea !!
Its like magic when the chemistry works !

she is an AMAZING NEW player now. NO UNFORCED ERRORS. Maybe 2-3 in a match.
I hope she keeps it but we are all humans

She has that Federer/Henin touch!... she thinks on every ball! she does not take any risks.
Unbelievable change and I watch a lot of sports, not just tennis.

Last edited by Si Si Simona : Jun 22nd, 2013 at 01:17 PM.
Si Si Simona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 01:12 PM   #12
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute

Never mind, this thread is about clay/grass titles

Listen to the silence. That's who I am and what I like.
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 01:12 PM   #13
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattographer View Post
Serena - Wimbledon/Stanford last year
Stanford is a hardcourt event. hahaha.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 01:16 PM   #14
country flag Si Si Simona

Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattographer View Post
Never mind, this thread is about clay/grass titles
oh you and your cold analytics... boring!
just kidding
Si Si Simona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 01:21 PM   #15
country flag Chris 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbidangle View Post
Maybe Novotna in 1998. Wimbledon and Prague
good call, you're right.
not a unique achievement then, but still

MY TWITTER