Is Anyone Else Hopping on the Jamie Hampton Bandwagon? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 08:05 AM   #16
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Anyone Else Hopping on the Jamie Hampton Bandwagon?

Not a fan of her but wouldn't dislike.
Advertisement

Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 09:02 AM   #17
Trickle
Cetkovstan

Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute

I became a fan at the AO. I just really liked her "get on with it" attitude.
Trickle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 11:40 AM   #18
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

Invisible Fan, I can tell you a lot about Jamie. I didn't start following ITF events until about 2009. Fortunately for me, that year there was a 10k coming to my hometown in Cleveland. I went hoping to be impressed by the local phenoms who were beginning to make some noise (Lauren Davis and Kyle McPhillips, both were only 15 at the time). What I ended up getting to see was Jamie Hampton winning her first event coming back from injury, and I believe it was also her first event as a professional player.

Back then what impressed me about Jamie was that out of all of the girls in the tournament, she had such an incredible all court game. She could hit hard from the baseline, but also was very imposing at the net, winning nearly every point she played up there. I knew she was a player to watch and have been following her ever since. 2010 was Jamie's breakout season. She absolutely owned the American ITF circuit. She won two 50k's and two 25k's and was runner up at least two more 25k's and one more 50k.

In her junior days, Jamie was a solid prospect, but I think most people would have predicted her to be better suited for college. Most of her standout results were in doubles, such as winning the USTA Girls U18s doubles title twice. From what I've gathered, fitness and her attitude were two big things that held her back during those years.

For Jamie, I think sky is the limit. As long as she can stay healthy, she really has an all court game that will be able to give a lot of players trouble. Staying healthy is key though, because as I said earlier, she suffered a wrist injury early on that kept her out a year, and then has had problems on and off with her back. Here is to hoping Jamie stays healthy and keeps moving in the right direction!

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 11:56 AM   #19
country flag BineMachine

BineMachine has much to be proud of BineMachine has much to be proud of BineMachine has much to be proud of BineMachine has much to be proud of BineMachine has much to be proud of BineMachine has much to be proud of BineMachine has much to be proud of BineMachine has much to be proud of BineMachine has much to be proud of BineMachine has much to be proud of BineMachine has much to be proud of

I started following her results a while ago, became a proper fan of hers at Brussels, that tournament was such a mess but the fight she showed to get to the semi's was impressive and I just started supporting her from there

Garbine & Sabine
BineMachine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 12:01 PM   #20
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

No, but I'm aboard Lee James' truck.

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 12:01 PM   #21
country flag Tezuka.
Donna Rules.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

No.
Forever Chakvetadze
Tezuka. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 12:18 PM   #22
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

No.
StoneRose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 12:22 PM   #23
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

I liked her and started following her results since AO 2012 when she played Pova.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 12:45 PM   #24
country flag MashaAzarenka

MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future

Always been a fan
Sydney SF - Tsvetana Pironkova (6-4, 6-3) Australian Open R1 - Luksika Kumkhum (6-2, 1-6, 6-4) Doha QF - Jelena Jankovic (6-1, 6-3) Dubai R2 - Carla Suarez Navarro (1-6, 6-4, 7-6) Indian Wells R4 - Dominika Cibulkova (6-3, 6-2) Miami QF - Maria Sharapova (7-5, 6-1) Stuttgart R2 - Alisa Kleybanova (6-2, 7-6(3)) Madrid SF - Simona Halep (6-7, 6-3, 6-2) Rome R2 - Shuai Zhang (7-6, 5-7, 6-3) French Open R3 - Svetlana Kuznetsova (6-7, 6-1, 9-7) Eastbourne QF - Heather Watson (w/o) Montreal R3 - Ekaterina Makarova (6-4, 1-6, 6-2) Cincinnati R2 - Elina Svitolina (6-2, 7-6) US Open R3 - Aleksandra Krunic (6-4, 6-4) Beijing F - Maria Sharapova (6-4, 2-6, 6-3)
MashaAzarenka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 12:46 PM   #25
country flag Exodite

Exodite has much to be proud of Exodite has much to be proud of Exodite has much to be proud of Exodite has much to be proud of Exodite has much to be proud of Exodite has much to be proud of Exodite has much to be proud of Exodite has much to be proud of Exodite has much to be proud of Exodite has much to be proud of Exodite has much to be proud of

Yes and no. I think she's refreshing and deserves to win some money. But not really my type. She's just an angry hard hillbilly.
Exodite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 01:32 PM   #26
country flag Young 8

Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, she represents how tennis should be played.

No grunts, no screams, no fistpumps, no drama off the court...just step on the court and play your game.
Young 8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 03:40 PM   #27
country flag SVK
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute

I jumped to it after USO last year, so after the first time I saw her playing She lost a match against Bartoli, but I fell in love with her game.
SVK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 03:47 PM   #28
PatM04

PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future

Been a fan since I used to hit with her at clinics back in high school ;-) she is pretty cool! Great talent!

www.tiffanydabek.com
www.saraevans.com
PatM04 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 04:04 PM   #29
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute

She seems like a nice girl and I really started to like her when she played Azarenka tough at the AO this year. While I think she has great potential I worry about the back injury at such a young age. I just don't know if her body can handle the rigors of the tour.

harloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 04:09 PM   #30
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

I would really love to have the chronic back problems sorted out for her. I wonder if it's spinal or muscular. If it's muscular, she can do things to improve flexibility and strength.
Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote