Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5 - Page 90 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #1336
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

OMFG the 'Nothing to lose' comment after her first ever loss to Serena. Did Serena copy this from her
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....1&postcount=38
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 19th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #1337
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
Some different styles at the top of the game would be nice. I've never argued against that. It's the utter resentment that Nadal's success has bred over the years that's become tiresome. Right now big hitters who can contend with Nadal, Novak and Murray like Delpo (my second favorite player) and Tsonga are just not consistent enough or able to stay healthy long enough, though I haven't given up hope for Delpo. Or we'll have to wait for another Federer 2.0, a player who has/had the shots and aggression but only has just enough athleticism to contend. I just don't think the importance of atheism on the men's side is going to die down any generation soon. It's not really about what someone prefers so much as it is accepting the reality of the sport's evolution. But every evolution has a transition point. I'm sure sooner or later they'll be more variation at the top.
The next big thing might be the return of the serve and volleyer. Imagine a John Isner type with the volleying skills of a McEnroe or Edberg. Such a player would be virtually unbeatable.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #1338
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
It's true that Serena served bad for her standards yesterday, because she had an ab injury. But in general, I really don't think she serves better against Maria than she does against Vika. The key is that Vika plays more high-% returns against Serena and thus puts more in play (I bet you're surprised I'm approving of someone not playing uber-aggressively, huh? ). The big problem is that, in recent years, Maria (and most other women) have got it into their heads that they need to be trying to hit massive returns off of Serena's serve, because they think weak returns are always going to be slaughtered by Serena. But, actually, there's always a benefit from just putting returns in play and making Serena play. Basically, in a typical Serena service game in a Maria-Serena match, Maria takes huge, uncompromising swings at every return, and because that's a ridiculously low-% play against a huge serve, she ends up netting most or all of them, and that means Serena has just had to stand still and not play a shot off the ground, and thus goes into her own return games feeling very fresh and full of vigour and ready to attack Maria's serve. Whereas, if Maria just tried to put returns in play, even if those returns were weak and Serena ends up winning that service game to love, you've still made her consume some energy and brainpower and that means she has a little less going into the next game. That's what Azarenka has been so good at this year (Jankovic has also always been very good at it).

In fairness, I was genuinely impressed by Maria's returning in the RG final, because for once she took a return stance further back, took shortened backswings, and just tried to get returns into play and atleast get herself into rallies (which she actually won a fair share of). I think she even managed to get Serena's fastest serve of the tournament back into play. And, even though she only broke Serena's serve twice, that good returning still paid dividends in that, like I said before, the mere fact Serena was having to work harder and rally in her service games more than usual meant she had less energy (physical and mental) in Maria's service games. And I do genuinely believe Maria has potential to be a better returner of Serena's serve, because she obviously has a great wingspan and decent anticipation (she actually gets her racquet on more of Serena's serves than most players do, she just can't get enough into play), but she just needs to not be so stubborn and just try to get the rally started rather than going for huge low-% returns all the time.
Good analysis.
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #1339
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

she will never win a match again!!111

Old Aug 19th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #1340
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway.....it's apparently gonna be Ms Sugarpova for the USO.

She's so flopping.
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 10:36 PM   #1341
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

What's this nonsense I hear about Maria changing her name to Sugarpova for the US Open?

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 10:55 PM   #1342
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

DEATH if that actually happens
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 10:57 PM   #1343
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Is she serious?
This is ridiculous.
Kon. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 11:00 PM   #1344
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Regardless of her result everyone will remember this USO if it happens.

Yuryevna, forever iconic <3
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 11:00 PM   #1345
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, I didn't think there was anything that could stop me stanning for this woman, but if she honestly changes her name to "Sugarpova" then that might just do it It would turn her into a total laughing stock and take away any of her credibility.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #1346
country flag jameshazza

Quit with the melodrama Danny.

I don't think the Slam Committee will allow it anyway, it would set a precedent where other players could change their name to Sponsors/products.
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #1347
Forever Sharapova.

the bitch needs a slap tbh
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 11:05 PM   #1348
country flag jameshazza

Fuck it guys, I don't even care bout her result anymore. Ima just sit back and let the trolling bitch do her thing.
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 11:06 PM   #1349
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Honestly, I didn't think there was anything that could stop me stanning for this woman, but if she honestly changes her name to "Sugarpova" then that might just do it It would turn her into a total laughing stock and take away any of her credibility.
Not if she ends up winning the entire thing. But there's no way she will change her name to Sugarpova. Maria just knows how to promote stuff. People even considering the possibility and talking about that she might do this is the kind of promo for the candy that money can't buy.
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #1350
Forever Sharapova.

She also just tweeted about the Nike Sportswear campaign, which she had previously tweeted about a few hours back but deleted it and decided to tweet it again. This woman
Closed Thread