Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5 - Page 333 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2014, 10:32 PM   #4981
country flag Shirapova

Shirapova is a splendid one to behold Shirapova is a splendid one to behold Shirapova is a splendid one to behold Shirapova is a splendid one to behold Shirapova is a splendid one to behold Shirapova is a splendid one to behold Shirapova is a splendid one to behold Shirapova is a splendid one to behold Shirapova is a splendid one to behold Shirapova is a splendid one to behold Shirapova is a splendid one to behold
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

There's still hope she plays at an Nike-exhibition mixed with Grigor.

"Nur wer sich selbst das letzte an Leistung abverlangt, wird über den Durchschnitt hinauskommen."
Shirapova is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 11th, 2014, 04:29 AM   #4982
country flag cautiouslip

cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of

Venus losing to aga in straights
cautiouslip is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 05:23 AM   #4983
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Tsonga taking out Djokovic, Murray, Dimitrov, and Federer all in a row to win in Toronto.

McIlroy wins his third golf tournament in a row and second straight major. He's officially Tiger's heir apparent.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 05:45 AM   #4984
country flag wehan6

wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cautiouslip View Post
Venus losing to aga in straights
I know right?But Venus was extremely bad and very tired.Aga is just very lucky,on a good day,she could never win these power players,she's just lucky she got Venus and Azarenka on a bad day
2014 French Open
2004 Wimbledon
2006 US Open

Joan Rivers 1933-2014 R.I.P
wehan6 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 08:02 AM   #4985
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Rory's so going to win SPOTY
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 08:19 AM   #4986
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehan6 View Post
I know right?But Venus was extremely bad and very tired.Aga is just very lucky,on a good day,she could never win these power players,she's just lucky she got Venus and Azarenka on a bad day
Partly true. On the other hand, players like Aga and Caroline never get any credit for anything. When they win it's because their opponent had a bad day, was injured or tired. When they lose it's supposed to be an accurate reflection of their abilities. Nobody ever even considers the possiblilty that they too may have a bad day when they lose. Fact of te matter is that Aga is a very good player who has a type of game that the majority of TF doesn't enjoy. But TF is VERY one dimensional in it's tastes. To please TF each player should play in exactly the same manner as everyone else because they only appreciate flat hard groundstrokes and first strike tennis. They don't like players who move well either. A quality shot should always make for a winner because if the opponent has the nerve to get to the ball she's a pusher. The TF ideal is a player who is build like a tank, moves like a darts player and blasts balls through the court or the back fence - no slices, no changes of pace no dropshots, no variety whatsoever. Pingpong on a tennis court. Even Serena Williams is called a pusher by some of her fans these days because she adds a bit of spin on her forehand.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 08:24 AM   #4987
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
Rory's so going to win SPOTY
What's that?

Thank you LI NA
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 10:30 AM   #4988
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Tsonga taking out Djokovic, Murray, Dimitrov, and Federer all in a row to win in Toronto.

McIlroy wins his third golf tournament in a row and second straight major. He's officially Tiger's heir apparent.
Wow. I still remember the drubbing that he gave Nadal in that AO 2008 match . Tsonga is an amazing player but he is so inconsistent. He always seems to be making the wrong decisions at crucial moments in matches.

I'm happy for him.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 10:39 AM   #4989
country flag wehan6

wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Partly true. On the other hand, players like Aga and Caroline never get any credit for anything. When they win it's because their opponent had a bad day, was injured or tired. When they lose it's supposed to be an accurate reflection of their abilities. Nobody ever even considers the possiblilty that they too may have a bad day when they lose. Fact of te matter is that Aga is a very good player who has a type of game that the majority of TF doesn't enjoy. But TF is VERY one dimensional in it's tastes. To please TF each player should play in exactly the same manner as everyone else because they only appreciate flat hard groundstrokes and first strike tennis. They don't like players who move well either. A quality shot should always make for a winner because if the opponent has the nerve to get to the ball she's a pusher. The TF ideal is a player who is build like a tank, moves like a darts player and blasts balls through the court or the back fence - no slices, no changes of pace no dropshots, no variety whatsoever. Pingpong on a tennis court. Even Serena Williams is called a pusher by some of her fans these days because she adds a bit of spin on her forehand.
Well,I wouldn't place Caroline in the same category as Aga.That would just be insulting to Caroline
2014 French Open
2004 Wimbledon
2006 US Open

Old Aug 11th, 2014, 10:40 AM   #4990
country flag wehan6

Did any of you guys vote for the VMA's?
2014 French Open
2004 Wimbledon
2006 US Open

Old Aug 11th, 2014, 11:20 AM   #4991
country flag NadalSharapova

NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all

Rory is possibly the best golfer ever.

Why are people upset abut Venus? I am happy she lost to Aga. Its funny she knocks Serena out and then bottle the final.
NadalSharapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 11:21 AM   #4992
country flag cautiouslip

cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of

Quote:
I don't think that is completely true. Maria gets a lot of flack for not having variety. Of course Aga is an amazing player, but she just doesn't have the weapons to combat someone who has power and is hitting accurately on the day. She can be very crafty and entertaining against players who's weapons aren't hurting her, but as soon as someone with a good serve, and power of both wings comes along and plays well she is reduced to just scrambling to put balls back in play.

Was just sad to see Venus play so well this week and just not be able to make it competitive in the final
cautiouslip is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 11:43 AM   #4993
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What's that?
Sport's Personality of the Year in the UK. Andy Murray won it last year.
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 11:59 AM   #4994
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cautiouslip View Post
I don't think that is completely true. Maria gets a lot of flack for not having variety. Of course Aga is an amazing player, but she just doesn't have the weapons to combat someone who has power and is hitting accurately on the day. She can be very crafty and entertaining against players who's weapons aren't hurting her, but as soon as someone with a good serve, and power of both wings comes along and plays well she is reduced to just scrambling to put balls back in play.

Was just sad to see Venus play so well this week and just not be able to make it competitive in the final
Well, first of all, just for the record: I'm not having a go at Maria or any other power hitter. I ENJOY watching that type of tennis. But it's not the ONLY type of tennis I enjoy watching.

As for your arguments as compared to mine, the truth is as usual somewhere in the middle. But at TF it's not possible to be in the middle. You must be at one extreme or the other to get a point across. But sure, when someone like Venus, Serena, Kvitova or Maria are at their best someone like Aga is helpless. But they are not always at their best, and how many players are there like that anyway? If those players are at their best EVERYONE is helpless, including other power hitters who play the same type of tennis, but at a lower level.

What I object to is the type of talk you see time and time again at TF where the player who lost is still said to be better than the winner because she COULD have won if only she played at her best. Well, play at your best than. Nobody's stopping you! Of course Venus was tired yesterday after all those three setters. But that's how it works in one week tournaments where you have to play everyday. Aga did well to conserve energy by winning her matches before the final quickly. That's not luck. It requires skill to do that. Having said that, I wouldn't have minded much if Venus had won it. I have a lot of admiration for how she keeps battling on against almost impossible odds.

Thank you LI NA
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 12:02 PM   #4995
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
Sport's Personality of the Year in the UK. Andy Murray won it last year.
Oh yes. Well, he will certainly win that and he will deserve it. A pity that there isn't a Asshole of the Year award to go with it, because he would get my vote for that one as well.

Thank you LI NA
Closed Thread