Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5 - Page 330 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2014, 10:53 PM   #4936
country flag M.Pova

M.Pova is a name known to all M.Pova is a name known to all M.Pova is a name known to all M.Pova is a name known to all M.Pova is a name known to all M.Pova is a name known to all M.Pova is a name known to all M.Pova is a name known to all M.Pova is a name known to all M.Pova is a name known to all M.Pova is a name known to all
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by malarkist View Post
i think this is about her forehand follow through. maria uses the reverse follow through a lot which is not the traditional one. i really wanted to play like her so i try to copy her signature follow throughs. when did those my coach would scream at me.
the helicopter follow through she use to do when she was younger was deemed incorrect too. but i just love its beauty when she does it.
i still do the reverse forehand and it has saved me a lot of times when im on the run
I'm the same, and my coach would always yell at me... But everytime I'm on the run I hit some of the best recovery shots with that lasso forehand! Either way, I don't care what people on GM think, when Maria is on form she is a thing of beauty! All her shots flow effortlessly, she can hit every corner of the court, her serve is fluid and effective, and even her movement seems to flow perfectly with the rest of her game. If I didn't find her game so visually pleasing I wouldn't be such a die-hard fan.

04 06 08 12 14

Petra Kvitova Belinda Bencic
M.Pova is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 31st, 2014, 12:28 AM   #4937
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

maria for me is still the only tennis player who, when on, can hit 3-4 consecutive shots on the line. i like that quality of her, always going for the lines.
malarkist is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 31st, 2014, 02:11 AM   #4938
country flag Ziggy88

Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light

With Radwanska's early exit and considering that she was a finalist last year in Stanford..it will have a positive impact on Maria's ranking, right? :-)
Ziggy88 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 31st, 2014, 12:37 PM   #4939
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

So Li Na withdrew from all US hardcourt events, including the US Open Reason is knee injury...

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 31st, 2014, 01:05 PM   #4940
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
So Li Na withdrew from all US hardcourt events, including the US Open Reason is knee injury...
Maria's #4 seeding at the US Open seems more and more guaranteed, as well as for her events leading up to it

Will she be #3 in Montreal since Simona and Li Na won't be there? Oh wait no, forgot Aga will be ranked ahead of her
Old Jul 31st, 2014, 01:17 PM   #4941
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
Maria's #4 seeding at the US Open seems more and more guaranteed, as well as for her events leading up to it

Will she be #3 in Montreal since Simona and Li Na won't be there? Oh wait no, forgot Aga will be ranked ahead of her
Simona is not playing Rogers cup?

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 31st, 2014, 01:58 PM   #4942
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

Maria needs that #4 seed at USO to meet Serena in the SF!

Kvitova Vaidisova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 31st, 2014, 02:54 PM   #4943
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

If Maria isn't seeded in the top 4 it just screws up the draw so much.
Old Jul 31st, 2014, 03:01 PM   #4944
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Maria seeded 4th at the USO sounds about right. But I still can't help feeling sorry for LI. This might be her last season on the tour.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 31st, 2014, 03:17 PM   #4945
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelina View Post
Maria needs that #4 seed at USO to meet Serena in the SF!
oh and I already prepared myself for the draw having Guest in R4 and Serena in QF, (and Halep making final through Errani+Kerber).
But with Li withdrawing and Aga is only ~250pts ahead of Maria (defending 600pts from Cincy-Toronto last year), there is a realistic chance.
not like it makes such difference seeing their respective form, and also Maria still have to prove herself on HC this year.
Old Jul 31st, 2014, 03:27 PM   #4946
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd imagine she'll be 4th seed. Maria doesn't even have to do much to get it if Radwanska keeps on sucking as much as she has.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 04:27 AM   #4947
country flag wehan6

wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I'd imagine she'll be 4th seed. Maria doesn't even have to do much to get it if Radwanska keeps on sucking as much as she has.
Victoria just lost to Venus at Stanford.Happy for Venus,but I can't believe Victoria has never won Venus and she hasn't even taken a set from Venus.I hope Maria gets Victoria very soon,I want Maria to slay Victoria's life
2014 French Open
2004 Wimbledon
2006 US Open

Joan Rivers 1933-2014 R.I.P
wehan6 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 04:30 AM   #4948
country flag wehan6

wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by malarkist View Post
maria for me is still the only tennis player who, when on, can hit 3-4 consecutive shots on the line. i like that quality of her, always going for the lines.
Serena tooYeah pretty much,it's just too bad Maria isn't ''on'' most of the time and give us fans heart attacks.But I love how she absolutely sucks in some matches and then in the third set at 4-4 she just starts to hit the lines and the most amazing shots
2014 French Open
2004 Wimbledon
2006 US Open

Joan Rivers 1933-2014 R.I.P
wehan6 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 04:45 PM   #4949
country flag Fan de Tennis

Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold

Vika out of the top 10. That makes me even much prouder of Maria for being able to save her place in the top 10 after her come back from her long injury and despite having a lot of points to defend in the beginning of this season. Hats off Maria.
Fan de Tennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 05:03 PM   #4950
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Maria now has the longest continuous run of anyone currently in the top 10. She's been in there since immediately after Miami in 2011, right? Kvitova comes close but she spent 2 or 3 weeks outside of it last autumn.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread