Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5 - Page 328 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2014, 09:05 AM   #4906
country flag josejaviergud

josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberried4t55 View Post
Also, I have another question; I've made a free account, I'm not a premium member, can I still have a signature?
you need at least 100 posts

https://twitter.com/josejaviergud
josejaviergud is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 27th, 2014, 09:08 AM   #4907
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
IKR! Most of their songs just seem so basic to me, yet everyone goes on about how they revolutionised pop music
Aah, but they did. You also need to see things in a historical context. When the Beatles made it big rock was on the way out. The first wave of rock was over. Elvis had been in the army and he came out of it looking and sounding like a matinee idol and he concentrated on his "Elvis at the beach" home movies for the next decade. Chuck Berry had ended up in jail. Little Richard had found the lord (Serena's brother) and traded Tutti Frutti for gospel singing. Gene Vincent had a booze addiction and was going down fast. Jerry Lee Lewis married his underage cousin and it took his career years to recover from the fall-out. Other important first generation rockers like Buddy Holly and Eddie Cochran had died. In short, all the first generation big shots had been wiped out for various reasons.

The early 60's (60-62) were dominated by clean cut here today-gone tomorrow matinee idols who's music had no value whatsoever. When the Beatles made it big in 1963 (and 1964 in the US) they did so with a bang and completely changed the game. From the Beatles onwards rock, rock-era pop and other youth oriented genres COMPLETELY took over in a bigger way even than in the days of early Elvis. Basic? Yes, but early rock WAS basic as a rule when you compare it to the jazzers and crooners that came before and were their contemporaries. The fact that it was basic was part of the attraction. But the Beatles were absolute masters at doing that basic thing better than anyone else. Plus, they were not only performers and recording artists, they also wrote the vast majority of their own songs (and with a year or two ALL of them) - which was a new thing at the time. After the Beatles (and Bob Dylan) most other artists started writing (and were more or less even expected to write) their own songs as well. The impact that they made can't possibly be overestimated. At one point in 1964 the top five records on the US charts were all Beatles songs. To give you some better idea of what this means: Imagine a later star artist like, say, Michael Jackson or Beyonce having simultaneously the top five records. And even that wouldn't compare because the Beatles did it with a type of music that before them hadn't been part of the mainstream.

And the Beatles were also responsible for the next big bang in pop/rock music. What I have talked about up until now (the "basic" period) only lasted for about two to three years because they evolved very quickly. Up until the mid-60's pop artists' longplayers were build around one or two big hits. Other than them you would find some inferior b-sides and second rate covers from other people's hits on them. In the mid-60's the Beatles changed (indeed revolutionised) all that. The music became much more sophisticated, advanced, varied, production values went up, etc. With albums like Rubber Soul, Revolver and Sgt.Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band the Beatles once again changed the game. From then on if you said that you bought the latest record from artist X you no longer meant that you had bought the single - you meant that you had bought the album.

And as I said, all of these changes happened in a very short period of time. There's only four years between their debut album Please Please Me and Sgt.Peppers, yet they sound like albums from two completely different unalike bands. Don't take my word for it - just listen to those two albums yourself. Better still, just listen to the entire Beatles catalogue in chronological order and you won't believe all the phases they have gone through - and they did all of it very well and (important to keep in mind) in record time.

And finally - the actual quality of the Beatles was such that almost any of their albums sound like a greatest hits or best of album from someone else. Yet each of them was just a compilation of the songs they had written in a five or six month period. When you listen to a Beatles album chances are that you won't just recognize the hits, but the album tracks as well. In fact, their productivity was such that more often than not they didn't even bother to include their singles on their albums.

Thank you LI NA, we'll never forget you
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 09:09 AM   #4908
country flag Strawberried4t55

Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejaviergud View Post
you need at least 100 posts
Oh ok, and once I get to 100 posts, how do I do it from there?
Thanks for telling me.
Strawberried4t55 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 09:11 AM   #4909

josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of

Quote:
Oh ok, and once I get to 100 posts, how do I do it from there?
Thanks for telling me.
go user cp>>> edit signature

Old Jul 27th, 2014, 09:15 AM   #4910

Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice

Quote:
go user cp>>> edit signature
Thanks So the "edit signature" button won't appear until I get to 100 posts?
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 09:18 AM   #4911

Quote:
Thanks So the "edit signature" button won't appear until I get to 100 posts?
yes

Old Jul 27th, 2014, 09:21 AM   #4912

Quote:
yes
Ok, thanks a lot for letting me know I guess I will to have to be patient in getting the 100 posts. I've had this account for a few months, but just started posting recently, so I'm new to this forum and how it all works. Glad I could get a avatar though
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 09:25 AM   #4913
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pobbop View Post
I'm not the biggest fan of the Beatles, yet it just silly to call their music basic. They invented, or massively popularised, Loops, samples. Tomorrow Never Knows, is almost the template for dance & rap music.

Every genre you listen to has been influenced by them, as where the Rolling Stones, who changed from a Blues covers band to pretty much go along the same career arc as the Beatles.

You may not like the music, but many of all ages do, and to call it "basic" shows a basic lack of understanding of Musicianship.

Oh and Imagine was shockingly awful like a hippy version of "I'd like to teach the World to sing", loved much of Lennon's other solo stuff though.
I agree with most of that, except for your opinion about Imagine. It was pretty much a perfect song with well chosen words to get the idea across. Naive? Yes, but then all of these type of songs are because we know what human nature is like and it's never gonna change. On the other hand, his "you may say I'm a dreamer" line makes it less naive than most. Lennon knew that he wasn't going to change the world, but he chose to be a positive force against overwhelming odds. Nothing wrong with that imo.

Thank you LI NA, we'll never forget you
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 10:03 AM   #4914
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress of Evil View Post

Nothing comes between me & my candy, even you. I guess, I will not further any rivalry; he is fine but I cringe hysterically every time I hear the monstrosity that is called the German Language. not that he will need to use his mouth for speaking
Wonder if other - less known - movie stars are wise as you.
Quote:

I haven't eaten pancakes with Nutella in months.

Suffering is good.

Old Jul 27th, 2014, 02:32 PM   #4915
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Are people throwing shade at The Beatles? For shame.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 04:10 PM   #4916
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

To be honest Yesterday and Let it be are my all time favourite song
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#109.
Three Hands Titles Montreal 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 04:11 PM   #4917
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Masha family. What are some good ways to get over a break up? I've already done the delete the number and destroy all things that remind you of them thing, just wondering what's worked for you guys.
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 04:31 PM   #4918
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Dear Masha family. What are some good ways to get over a break up? I've already done the delete the number and destroy all things that remind you of them thing, just wondering what's worked for you guys.
Somehow using ur anger and negative energy to make yourself better, like working out, improving ur mentality or whatever. Then you will attract better guys that you deserve.

Rich B*tch Maria Sharapova
Silas is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 28th, 2014, 04:23 AM   #4919
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas View Post
Somehow using ur anger and negative energy to make yourself better, like working out, improving ur mentality or whatever. Then you will attract better guys that you deserve.
Agree with Silas. Speaking from personal experience, it will only get better with time. Meanwhile everything sucks and will continue to suck in the next 3 months or so. Commiserations
domon17th is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 28th, 2014, 07:25 AM   #4920
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Haha well I've already been going to the gym basically everyday and I do think that's helping me haha. I've also been making sure to see friends a lot and stuff, but the ex is making things very difficult and complicated on purpose