Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5 - Page 316 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2014, 02:09 PM   #4726
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Interestingly, even though everyone always thinks Miami is a big failure for her, it's actually the tournament where she's made the MOST finals. 5 finals in Miami, followed by 4 finals in Birmingham and then she made 3 finals at a whole bunch of tournaments.

But yes, Miami, the Olympics, Canada and maybe Beijing are the ones she really needs to check off before she retires to have a full set of everything that matters.
No.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 14th, 2014, 04:05 PM   #4727
country flag wehan6

wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all

Beijing is a Premier Mandatory so I think it's very important.I want Olimpic gold so bad,that will be the most stressful tournament for me because if she's out,she's out and no more Olimpics for her.I don't know how I survived Olimpics 2012 when she lost that 1st set to Lisicki,I started getting heart attacksAre we sure Rio Olimpics 2016 will be played on clay?And will Maria be the flag bearer again?
wehan6 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 14th, 2014, 04:59 PM   #4728
Mrs. Dimitrova
#CareerSlamPova

Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute

^ Mandatory events change all the time. The year she decides to retire might even be a year where there's a brand new Premier Mandatory event that she's never going to win.
Mrs. Dimitrova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 14th, 2014, 05:13 PM   #4729
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

Really who gives a fuck about beijing . If she wins it, great but its not prestigious enough for me to care if she doesnt ever win it
atominside is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 14th, 2014, 05:45 PM   #4730
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atominside View Post
Really who gives a fuck about beijing . If she wins it, great but its not prestigious enough for me to care if she doesnt ever win it
But that doesn't necessarily mean that it will always be that way. Before the 1980's many players felt the same way about the AO. If the players that were around then would have known that it would ever become the tournament it is today they would have competed there and given it their all to win it. Beijing is a fairly new-ish mandatory, but if it continues to grow who knows how big it will be twenty or thirty years from now? So, just to be on the safe side it's best for Maria to get her name on that trophee if she can.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 14th, 2014, 05:50 PM   #4731
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Dimitrova View Post
^ Mandatory events change all the time. The year she decides to retire might even be a year where there's a brand new Premier Mandatory event that she's never going to win.
True, but even then she'd be able to say that she won all the mandatory titles of her time. She can't do anything more than that.

I prefer the ATP system btw. It's a lot less confusing for the casual fan. Premier mandatorys and premier fives should be masters 1000's, premiers should be masters 500's and internationals should be masters 250's.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 14th, 2014, 06:59 PM   #4732
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I prefer the ATP system btw. It's a lot less confusing for the casual fan. Premier mandatorys and premier fives should be masters 1000's, premiers should be masters 500's and internationals should be masters 250's.
^ this, so much...
Trih is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 14th, 2014, 07:09 PM   #4733
country flag Fan de Tennis

Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
This. But as we said in France, "Why make it simple when you can complicate".
Fan de Tennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 14th, 2014, 08:57 PM   #4734
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:

100% agree!

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 14th, 2014, 10:56 PM   #4735
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

i like for her to win beijing really.
malarkist is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 01:16 AM   #4736
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Some of Sarin fans / Masha haters are seriously so pressed

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=744866

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 03:11 AM   #4737
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post
Some of Sarin fans / Masha haters are seriously so pressed

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=744866
Them admitting that Maria's 2008 Aussie Open title run was a thing of brilliance would fly in the face of their petulant attitude towards Maria and their belief that she's vultured all of her majors and is the queen of easy draws. So they'll do everything in their power to diminish the abilities of her opposition in that tournament.

They can kick, scream, and deny all they want. It won't change the fact that Maria's title run that year in Melbourne was one of the most impressive in the past 20 years at a major. Not the MOST impressive, but it certainly deserved a mention. She was at her devastating best in that tournament and crushed a string of great players.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 02:49 PM   #4738
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute

To me AO 2008 has a pretty good case for it being one of the most impressive slam wins ever, but again impressive is a highly subjective word. To me, the opponents, the way she beat them, that slam was and still remains legendary to me.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 02:59 PM   #4739
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Maria played very well in AO 2008 but the final is not very good at all from both side
But who care
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#29
PAW Rank:#29 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#81.
Three Hands Titles Montreal, Tokyo 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 04:00 PM   #4740
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I've always thought Maria's performance in the AO08 final is underrated. She didn't quite match the stratospheric levels of earlier in the tournament, but, aside from one sloppy 3-game stretch late in the first set, she was extremely solid. She lost something like 10 points on serve the entire match. Plus, much of a joke as she is, there's no getting around that Ivanovic was one of the best opponents on offer in 2008
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread