Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5 - Page 224 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2014, 01:35 AM   #3346
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

btw, gonna try freeletics. anyone here done it before?
malarkist is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 1st, 2014, 04:53 AM   #3347
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
A Willytard bad-repped me for saying Maria will finish in the top 4 at the end of the year, in our Miami thread - how sad must you be?
You know how it is around here
Trih is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 1st, 2014, 06:14 AM   #3348
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
You know how it is around here
After a long time I've done a bit of GM-ing myself these past few days. What I've seen there sorta confirms what I knew already. Some people there are absolutely and positively insane. It doesn't upset me anymore though. 'Real life' has taken care of that. But the mods seem to at least try a little harder to apply the rules somewhat. But at the end of the day it's not really their fault and there's only so much they can do. GM is the way it is because the majority enjoys it the way it is. For it to change the fanbase of each player should say, "no, that's not right, behave yourself" when one of their own gets naughty or starts trolling. But that is of course never gonna happen.

Thank you LI NA, we'll never forget you
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 1st, 2014, 03:06 PM   #3349
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

i think if the mods and admins bring down the ban hammer more often, there would be more order. but they're too flimsy and inconsistent to do that without massive backlash.
Old Apr 1st, 2014, 07:47 PM   #3350
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven. View Post
i think if the mods and admins bring down the ban hammer more often, there would be more order. but they're too flimsy and inconsistent to do that without massive backlash.
Yes, but the problem is, would the membership of TF as a whole acccept that? Since it is in my nature to try to avoid upsetting anyone at all costs I personally wouldn't have a problem with that. But there are many - I would say the majority of TF - who you can't consider trolls or vile people, but they like to be just a tiny bit naughty at times, especially when they get a bit too emotional The problem is where to draw the line.

A few years back I was a mod myself at what was at the time (and perhaps still is) the biggest and most active forum on the internet about classical music and opera. And make no mistake about it folks, those people can be a handfull. It's not that there were any trolls there (or only very few) but they are people with very strong convictions because, well, they ARE very knowledgable. So whenever a, say, Mozart fan disagreed with a Bach fan about who's "the greatest" (silly example, but it's as good as any I suppose) things could quickly get out of control. The substance of the arguments would often be very interesting (if you care about that music of course) but it could get very personal.

But what am I blabbering...The point is that we introduced a points system with points being given to any member who said something offensive. A minor offense would mean 1 point for that person and it went all the way up to 10 points for the worst stuff. As soon as someone had collected a total of 20 points they would be suspended for six months. After those six months they were allowed to come back. If they repeated this a second time they would get the boot for good. Perhaps a similar sort of points system would be a good idea for TF (???)

Old Apr 1st, 2014, 10:48 PM   #3351
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

^^ I can think of some people who would be up to 20 points in a day
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 04:20 AM   #3352
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
^^ I can think of some people who would be up to 20 points in a day
Well, then they would be gone in a day. Perfect!

Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 08:11 AM   #3353
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

Janka Cepelova beating Serena! Jana is so talented, hopefully she will make it far in Charleston

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 03:52 PM   #3354
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

Anyone "pressed" about Serena's losses this year (and even last year) given what Maria does against her? I mean, I'm over the lossesper se, but if Lisicki, Stephens, VIP, Cornet and Cepelova can take their chances, WTH Maria!
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 04:51 PM   #3355
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerM View Post
Anyone "pressed" about Serena's losses this year (and even last year) given what Maria does against her? I mean, I'm over the lossesper se, but if Lisicki, Stephens, VIP, Cornet and Cepelova can take their chances, WTH Maria!
The Serena who plays those girls is not the same Serena as the one who plays against Maria.

Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 05:12 PM   #3356
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
The Serena who plays those girls is not the same Serena as the one who plays against Maria.
100X THIS.
Serena gives everything against Maria. She probably wanted to be eliminated against Cornet&Cepelova.

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 05:33 PM   #3357
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Absolutely correct, and we all know it by now. I can't of course claim something for sure, especially because I didn't watch this, but I'm positive Serena tanked this match, or at least consciously put very little effort into it

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 06:00 PM   #3358
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Cepelova played some beautiful tennis out there. Really liked the way she exploited that Serena movement and went for her shots in crucial moments. Wish there were more players out there like her frankly.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 06:09 PM   #3359
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

saw the highlights. was a good match. cepelova looked like a seasoned clay courter
malarkist is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 07:06 PM   #3360
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
Absolutely correct, and we all know it by now. I can't of course claim something for sure, especially because I didn't watch this, but I'm positive Serena tanked this match, or at least consciously put very little effort into it
I don't think that Serena consciously tanks matches. But she probably finds it hard to keep her mind on the job and believes that a Serena at 50% will still be too much for those type of players. Dangerous of course because they can all play some good ball if they get the chance. But when she has to play Maria she's excited about it, and is pumped up up to a point where there's steam coming out of her ears. In a way that's actually a compliment because it means that she realizes that she's up against a quality opponent.

Closed Thread