Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5 - Page 149 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #2221
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
i see you're a kind of fan of this girl, but destiny of Radwanskas, Erranis and Haleps is more predictable than elections in Russia It's Ferrers, Tipsarevics of WTA.
Well, a guy like Ferrer is in the mix, and he's been at or near the top for years now. If anything he's still improving. True, he'll probably never win a major or a YEC, but he's done amazingly well for someone with his skill set. As for Errani, if someone had predicted a few years ago that this girl would ever be a top 10 player we would all have been rolling on the floor with laughter. But she's managed to do it now for two years in a row. That girl is probably the biggest overachiever in all of tennis, wta OR atp. And in my book calling someone an overachiever is not an insult but a compliment, and I don't even particularly like her.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 4th, 2013, 05:31 PM   #2222
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Chrissie-fan

The problem is that Errani's fans are quite sensibly estimating her chances for big titles, unlike Halep's or Radwanska's. Errani was never overhyped, she is constantly underestimated. And Errani's best surface , clay, is simultaneously the worst of 90% of WTA players. Thus she on paper is more likely to win a Slam than the likes of Halep.

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #2223
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
Chrissie-fan

The problem is that Errani's fans are quite sensibly estimating her chances for big titles, unlike Halep's or Radwanska's. Errani was never overhyped, she is constantly underestimated. And Errani's best surface , clay, is simultaneously the worst of 90% of WTA players. Thus she on paper is more likely to win a Slam than the likes of Halep.
While other, probably more marketable and/or cuter girls from her age group like Bouchard, Robson and Sloane got most of the attention Halep has just quietly gone about her business adding up those great results. Congrats to her, she's done well. But from now on her quietly going about her business days are over. She from now on will have a reputation and points to defend and every other player knows that she's a potential danger. It remains to be seen how she will handle all that. At this point I don't see a slam champion in her, but I didn't see one in Stosur either - let alone Bartoli. So you never know.

Contrary to most Sharapova fans I like Radwanska a lot. Her biggest problem is that she has a great 1970's game, but has ended up playing in the 2010's. Winning one isn't entirely impossible for her, but she will always be one of the dangerous outsiders rather than one of the favorites. Slams can be won from that position, but when the opportunity presents itself she HAS to take it. I fear that Wimbledon 2013 was that opportunity for her and she didn't take it, so...
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #2224
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

I know men's tennis will always be considered better than women's (and it is). But I seriously hate hearing the commentators sometimes (and they are meant to be the decent ones cause I hear them commentating many times before). How they could say a set in which Nadal hit 3 winners and 10 errors, while Ferrer hit 4 winners and 19 errors "good set of tennis", "Nadal is back to his best", "Crowd will be hoping for more of the same in set 2" is beyond me They get paid for saying shit like this? Seriously I'd rather pay money to watch a match between Aga, Sara or Caro over this type of shitfest. And the commentators think it's good? It's much worse than a match in WTA. Men's tennis is good, but not that good.
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #2225
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
I'm just saying that the girl has been part of the Top 20 for like a day and a half, let's wait and see how she performs where it counts in the early events of 2014 before labeling her as an "Errani". Being labeled a "Radwanska" isn't the worst thing in the world (I say this as I wash my mouth out with soap)
Too good

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 03:41 PM   #2226
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

Ufaa

Quote:
Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters
FYI Maria Sharapova will NOT announce her new coach this week.

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #2227
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

That bitch
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 07:23 AM   #2228
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Maria is such a tease.

Stringing her fans along, she knows it turns us on.

I'm going to ask her on Twitter right now.

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 07:26 AM   #2229
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
That bitch
I just followed you on twitter

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 08:04 AM   #2230
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uricate View Post
I'm going to ask her on Twitter right now.
Good luck..
Asanty is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #2231
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uricate View Post
I just followed you on twitter
That was probably a mistake
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #2232
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

female coach anyone?
malarkist is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 11:08 AM   #2233
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Masha's Semi in the fave player comp

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=621217
Andy. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #2234
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

Maria doesn't follow Cole Haan anymore, is her sponsor still?

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #2235
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread