Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5 - Page 114 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 10th, 2013, 12:34 AM   #1696
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten63 View Post
Fucking pathetic from Novak. So mad right now.

The hate towards Maria from the Serena/Azarenka fans in GM is ridiculous. Especially considering the two of them just played a slam final and Maria wasn't even in the tournament.
It's a bit obsessive/scary from some of them actually .

And yeah, Nole can go suck dick .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 10th, 2013, 12:34 AM   #1697
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Disgusted with tennis atm. This match=story of Novak's 2013. Close, yet miles away

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 12:39 AM   #1698

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
That's really the only problem I have with Serena: her phoniness. I get that you can hardly ever directly say what you feel as an athlete, particularly in a non-team sport. But her fakery is so damn obvious it's almost comic. I appreciate that Maria is as honest as she can be.
Could not agree more. Plus, I HATE her on court antics and all the acting and drama. I read an interview on a local network, and I hope something was lost in translation, where Serena said that this title saved her season. Seriously, girl?

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Old Sep 10th, 2013, 12:39 AM   #1699
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post
And yeah, Nole can go suck dick .
Preferably mine. And then me his. And then some other stuff.

This was a good match as far as intensity, not so much as far as quality. Rarely were both players at their best at the same time. Novak played an amazing second set, and should have won the third. Nadal didn’t continue the tactics he employed in Montreal. He didn’t do much on the return after the first set and began to play meekly in the second and much of the third. Novak's mental toughness isn't there right now. But still, when it comes to intensity, amazing rallies, shifting of momentum- nothing comes close to this match-up.

Last edited by Icky80 : Sep 10th, 2013 at 12:45 AM.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 12:43 AM   #1700
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
Disgusted with tennis atm. This match=story of Novak's 2013. Close, yet miles away
This. I'm so mad. Just pathetic from our clown from 3-1 in the 3rd set.
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 12:47 AM   #1701
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

I hate this matchup actually. Sick of it.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 12:47 AM   #1702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercepova View Post
This. I'm so mad. Just pathetic from our clown from 3-1 in the 3rd set.
I will never stop supporting him, but this is getting worse and worse. I really thought he was gonna pull himself together for this Open, but yet again, I was proven wrong. He looks like he has no clue what to do on the court anymore, and mentally he is all over the place in the important matches. It's just not the same Novak. The game is there at times, but tennis is a sport where head is the puppet master, and strokes simply the strings I love this sport too much to be done for the season, but it's been one of the worse ones for me as a tennis fan

And may I add, glad you used the word clown. Because lately, everything seems to be more important to him than tennis. Plus I feel like, at times, he is just trying too hard to be liked by everyone, always giving patronizing interviews, applauding his opponents (which I don't think the best person in the world could honestly mean playing a Grand Slam final), trying to be funny at all costs... I'm just really, really mad that after all that I still care too much about his fucking results

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Old Sep 10th, 2013, 12:52 AM   #1703
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

^And this is why it's better to not be all about one player and appreciate many players. I am devastated (briefly) when Shar or Nadal loses, but I just love to watch the game and enjoy rooting for and against many players. Novak definitely disappointed, but I think it's best to look at his next opportunity to get a slam and get Nadal and those opportunities are not far away.

Novak has always been a try-too-hard. Don't see that mentality ending. That's just who he is.
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 12:56 AM   #1704

Quote:
^And this is why it's better to not be all about one player and appreciate many players. I am devastated (briefly) when Shar or Nadal loses, but I just love to watch the game and enjoy rooting for and against many players. Novak definitely disappointed, but I think it's best to look at his next opportunity to get a slam and get Nadal and those opportunities are not far away.
You're totally right, but I just can't help it. Novak, Maria and JJ (and it's not like she plays too many important matches nowadays ) are the only three players that I can really stan for, and I do it, unfortunately for myself, with all my heart. I'm in love with the game itself, and I love watching it without pressure, being neutral. But when these 2 are playing, it's just so frustrating when they lose by not taking their chances, and it's been far too often lately for me to be optimistic right now.

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Old Sep 10th, 2013, 01:07 AM   #1705
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Quote:
And may I add, glad you used the word clown. Because lately, everything seems to be more important to him than tennis. Plus I feel like, at times, he is just trying too hard to be liked by everyone, always giving patronizing interviews, applauding his opponents (which I don't think the best person in the world could honestly mean playing a Grand Slam final), trying to be funny at all costs... I'm just really, really mad that after all that I still care too much about his fucking results
I want the old Novak back. I feel like after being No.1 in 2011 and at the top of the tennis world, he just tried so hard, really really hard, to be liked by everyone like you said, tried to entertain the crowds with all the dancing stuffs and interviews. Those were even less funny than Maria's mockings and giggles. And the clownest thing I have seen was when he put on a wig and danced at Montreal this year Stop that Novak. Be a villain or whatever. I don't care. At the end of your career, no one cares about that. Just focus on your tennis. Let's be someone like Vika who doesn't need love from the crowds and only focuses on her tennis and doing well.

Last edited by Fiercepova : Sep 10th, 2013 at 01:12 AM.
Fiercepova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 01:09 AM   #1706
country flag Icky80

It's much easier to be cool and collected when you're on the winning end. And I definitely love and root for Shar, Nadal, Delpo and Andrea Petkovic with everything I have. I guess I can just more quickly say, "it's just a sport. They'll have other chances", shrug it off and reset. My nerves are already terrible. I have to let things like this go quickly.

I do think Novak is in a confused state right now. He wants to be Federer 2.0: dominate the game, be loved by everyone, help the world, be half of a perfect couple. It is time for him to slim down the extracurricular and grow up a bit. Dancing with a damn wig afro after winning a match then losing to your biggest rival in the next match is not a good look.

Last edited by Icky80 : Sep 10th, 2013 at 01:15 AM.
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 01:11 AM   #1707
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Quote:
You're totally right, but I just can't help it. Novak, Maria and JJ (and it's not like she plays too many important matches nowadays ) are the only three players that I can really stan for, and I do it, unfortunately for myself, with all my heart. I'm in love with the game itself, and I love watching it without pressure, being neutral. But when these 2 are playing, it's just so frustrating when they lose by not taking their chances, and it's been far too often lately for me to be optimistic right now.
And yeah, this. Every single word of it. (but I will add VIP who is also a total headcase )
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 01:15 AM   #1708

Quote:
I want the old Novak back. I feel like after being No.1 in 2011 and at the top of the tennis world, he just tried so hard, really reall hard, to be liked by everyone like you said, tried to entertain the crowds with all the dancing stuffs and interviews. Those were even less funny than Maria's mockings and giggles. And the clownest thing I have seen was when he put on a wig and danced at Montreal this year Stop that Novak. Be a villain or whatever. I don't care. At the end of your career, no one cares about that. Just focus on your tennis. Let's be someone like Vika who doesn't need love from the crowds and only focuses on her tennis and doing well.

Exactly. I'm not a big Vika fan, but I have loads of respect for her. First for the way she handles herself in the matches, and then how she doesn't give a fuck about what the crowd thinks and feels. I mean, I have this picture in my head, the crowd mocking her grunting, and her just screaming louder and louder from the top of her lungs. And for me, that's pretty admirable. Whereas Novak is another story. I mean, the list of his silly and downright stupid antics can go on and on, and it's hard even for me as a huge fan to defend something so rubbish. The impersonations I have to admit were funny the first 2 times (US Open 2007/AO 2008), then they just became pathetic. As well as the dancing, the wig thing (not just Montreal, for me that HEAD commercial was pretty stupid, as well as imitating Kuerten in some exhibition), the jokes, and my personal favorite (in the negative context ofc), making fun of Nadal's role in Gypsy, although that was way back in 2010 I believe

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Old Sep 10th, 2013, 01:22 AM   #1709

Quote:
And yeah, this. Every single word of it. (but I will add VIP who is also a total headcase )
For me, it's just impossible to cheer for Ana I will never forgive her the way she used to play against Jelena and Jelena only when they were both on top or close. Like Serena against Maria, only worse, because Serena actually plays good against other players as well Though I still root for her to win (just because she's Serbian) unless she's playing someone that I even remotely like.

And @Icky80, I actually hate the way tennis affects me, because I do believe it's not healthy to fret this much over something you have absolutely no control over. As for the chances yet to come, in this case, what's the point, when Novak blows them more often than not? I completely agree with the Federer 2.0 remark, it's completely on spot, and I just wonder when will he, if ever, realize, that those are simply not the shoes he can fill

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Old Sep 10th, 2013, 01:24 AM   #1710
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's really the only problem I have with Serena: her phoniness. I get that you can hardly ever directly say what you feel as an athlete, particularly in a non-team sport. But her fakery is so damn obvious it's almost comic. I appreciate that Maria is as honest as she can be.
Sometimes I almost feel bad for her because she seems so desperate to be embraced by tennis fans like most legends are in the twilight of their careers. Someone I know who was in the crowd for her match against Lisicki at Wimbledon said that, towards the end of the match, when the crowd was really behind Lisicki and cheering wildly on every one of Serena's errors, Serena was looking round at everyone and seemed to be almost in tears. And I still think her meltdown against Razzano at RG was in large part because of how hostile the crowd was. But, despite all her efforts to appear like a decent humanbeing, she just can't stop putting her foot in her mouth (e.g. the rape comments) when there's a slight sign people might be warming to her.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote