Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5 - Page 112 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 9th, 2013, 09:32 AM   #1666
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

^^ I agree. Also imo Serena often plays against Vika very poorly which is never the case when she faces Maria. Maybe I'm wrong but I think that yesterday's Serena would lose against Maria in Miami final and maybe even in the RG final this year. Serena is just so fu*king motivated when she plays Maria. She would rather lose against Vika 3 or 4 times in a row, than to be defeated from Maria just once more in her career.

And like some of you have already said. Maria beat Vika last two times they faced each other. Apart of first set Maria was bad in the FO semis, but still won. Remember: she made 11 DF's and Vika none, in the game both were messy. I'm sure healthy and determinated Maria would beat Vika in any of her rounds in this US Open.

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 9th, 2013, 09:57 AM   #1667
country flag Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSharp View Post
^^ I agree. Also imo Serena often plays against Vika very poorly which is never the case when she faces Maria. Maybe I'm wrong but I think that yesterday's Serena would lose against Maria in Miami final and maybe even in the RG final this year. Serena is just so fu*king motivated when she plays Maria. She would rather lose against Vika 3 or 4 times in a row, than to be defeated from Maria just once more in her career.

And like some of you have already said. Maria beat Vika last two times they faced each other. Apart of first set Maria was bad in the FO semis, but still won. Remember: she made 11 DF's and Vika none, in the game both were messy. I'm sure healthy and determinated Maria would beat Vika in any of her rounds in this US Open.
No, Serena played not good in 1st half of that match. (maybe like 2nd set yesterday). In RG, Serena is just too good to beat, especially in 2nd set (i think in RG Serena's shot is more power than yesterday's match but it's just my feeling)
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42
FITD Rank:#112.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #1668
country flag Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
Maria has won her last two matches against Vuvurenka and as long as she is healthy, confident and in form, Vika has no chance against her. I don't care that Vuvurenka plays servebot close - she still chokes and eventually loses anyway. When Maria is ON, she is serving 2nd serve aces on the lines and painting the lines with her laser groundies. There's just no defense for that (not in WTA anyway). I still trust in her and believe she'll be ready and recharged to go starting with 2014 AO. A fan in me can never doubt a champion of Maria's caliber, no matter how bleak things look in the present
Agree with you but i hope she comeback asap this year. Some part of me thing the injury is not serious (don't know why just my feeling)
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42
FITD Rank:#112.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 10:22 AM   #1669
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSharp View Post
I'm not a big believer of the theory that Serena always "plays better" against Maria because of some personal grudge or something. She just plays better against Maria because her game is a better match-up for her. If Maria was a better retreiver or would mix up the pace and/or do all that fancy Radwanska-like stuff she would struggle much more - grudge or no grudge.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 10:26 AM   #1670
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I'm not a big believer of the theory that Serena always "plays better" against Maria because of some personal grudge or something. She just plays better against Maria because her game is a better match-up for her. If Maria was a better retreiver or would mix up the pace and/or do all that fancy Radwanska-like stuff she would struggle much more - grudge or no grudge.
Exactly. I also never understand people who say "Why doesn't she try to beat Serena blabla she always plays bad with her blabla", it's not about her will, it's about her game.
Maria's game is the lesser version of Serena's, and she (Serena) couldn't ask for anything better to play against. As you said, she always struggles with players who make her hit one more ball and make some awesome recovers like Vika did yesterday.

As I said on Twitter last night, I may hate and despise Vika but I have to admit she's the one who always give Serena a hard time and I admire that.

That being said, I'm extremely glad Serena won.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #1671
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Y'all have to admit though, she goes all Jameka Williams on Martha's ass. She doesn't show the same intensity vs. Vika. Parts of last nights match she was so flat, hitting soft volleys and weak ass passing shots. Ofc Maria hits a different ball to Guest, but I genuinely believe Rena brings her a-game vs. Maria
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 10:44 AM   #1672
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Y'all have to admit though, she goes all Jameka Williams on Martha's ass. She doesn't show the same intensity vs. Vika. Parts of last nights match she was so flat, hitting soft volleys and weak ass passing shots. Ofc Maria hits a different ball to Guest, but I genuinely believe Rena brings her a-game vs. Maria
Exactly

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 10:53 AM   #1673
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
IDK why but Serena was tense like fuck yesterday, and it's not the first time she's like that against opponents who aren't Maria but also aren't Vika sometimes.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 10:56 AM   #1674
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe how out of proportion the haters have blown things. She withdrew from one slam with an injury - it happens to almost everyone sometimes. People are saying she'll retire without even knowing anything .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 10:56 AM   #1675
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Well it was still a slam final, she's human too. Plus with age your nerve starts to deteriorate, she can still be the best player in the moment but there have been numerous times recently in finals where she's really gone off her game. You could tell by her victory reaction, more of relief than elation
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 11:03 AM   #1676
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
All that has to do with confidence imo. Against Maria she is (in her own mind) 100% sure that she's going to win. But she feels threatened by Vika which influences her game. And yesterday it was really impossible to play "normal" tennis in those windy conditions so it was inevitably that she made a mess of some shots. Overall it was almost a miracle that the match was as good as it was because you almost had to aim at your opponents forehand wing to get the ball to the backhand (exaggerating just a tiny bit ).
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 11:07 AM   #1677
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

They're just desperate for her to retire.
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 11:47 AM   #1678
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
They're just desperate for her to retire.
Apparently she's so irrelevant yet they really care if she's out of the way and retired or not.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #1679
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
And her a-serve too, what the hell was that serve from Serena ? 48% of first serves, not going for 2nd serves aces like she loves doing against Maria.
Vika may return Serena's serve more consistently but the fact that Maria's return are deadly forces Serena to go for the lines and a huge speed even more, and even on second serves.
We all saw how she closed it out in FO final. That girl piss me off
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #1680
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
And her a-serve too, what the hell was that serve from Serena ? 48% of first serves, not going for 2nd serves aces like she loves doing against Maria.
Vika may return Serena's serve more consistently but the fact that Maria's return are deadly forces Serena to go for the lines and a huge speed even more, and even on second serves.
We all saw how she closed it out in FO final. That girl piss me off
In that wind anyone's first serve percentage goes down. And she couldn't go for her second serve as much either because she would have DF-ed too much.