Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5 - Page 110 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 8th, 2013, 08:16 PM   #1636
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I think I now officially want Serena to win I've been trying to deny it but I just can't live with Vika being 1 Slam off the Queen's count. I'm that petty.
Which Maria fan can live with that ? Serena better snatch her wig very badly.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 8th, 2013, 09:15 PM   #1637
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Serena hates me so much she's trying to lose this I cant

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Trih is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 09:37 PM   #1638
country flag NadalSharapova

NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all

I don't know who I want to win. Dislike both players. Dislike Serena more but don't want Vika to catch up with Maria's slam count
NadalSharapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #1639
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Well, whether you guys like her or not, that's an incredible fight that Vika puts up there. Great, great match!
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #1640
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Vika (deal with it)
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #1641
country flag Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Sadly Serena always save her best for Maria
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 TitlesNew Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#109.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #1642
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

I haven't seen PeakSerena vs Maria since the Olympics. Serena just doesn't choke against Maria. And Vika's a better match-up.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 11:21 PM   #1643
country flag swissmr

swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute

Have to admit that I can't help but have a grudging respect for Azarenka watching this match. Although like you guys, I hate the idea of her being just one slam away from Maria
swissmr is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 11:50 PM   #1644
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Serena looked like she was determined to ruin my Sunday and make my life miserable after blowing a 4-1, 2-break lead in the second set. I really thought she was done after that. She looked like she was about to cry after losing that tiebreak. That was a full-blown choke in progress.

But she found that next level again and survived. Similar in many ways to last year's final.

What can you say about Azarenka. It's getting almost impossible to put her away. Losing first sets mean nothing to her. She just keeps on coming back relentlessly, no matter the situation. I really believe that Vika is very close to solving the Serena riddle and will start beating her on a regular basis. I hate to admit it and accept it, but her return game, her groundstrokes, and her never-say-die attitude make her the second best player right now and closing in on Serena. And the question marks surrounding Maria have to be taken into account.

It's Serena and Vika's tour now. And you look at the way Azarenka has played Serena this year, particularly in Cincy and New York, I think it's only a matter of time before she's number one again.

I wish Maria was healthy and I wish I could be fired-up and optimistic about what Maria can do to compete with those two in 2014, but she's a complete mystery at this time.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 11:55 PM   #1645
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissmr View Post
Have to admit that I can't help but have a grudging respect for Azarenka watching this match. Although like you guys, I hate the idea of her being just one slam away from Maria
I hate the idea of Serena being just one slam away from Chris Evert.
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 11:58 PM   #1646
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalSharapova View Post
I don't know who I want to win. Dislike both players. Dislike Serena more but don't want Vika to catch up with Maria's slam count
She's going to catch up regardless of her losing today. The only way to avoid it is if Maria wins a few more herself.
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 11:59 PM   #1647
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Well I was thinking about that too, even with 18 she'll still never match their other stats or come close. But I guess we just have to accept those stats aren't really possible to achieve anymore.
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:02 AM   #1648
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
She's going to catch up regardless of her losing today. The only way to avoid it is if Maria wins a few more herself.
Agreed. Maria needs to come back and win more GS's - I cannot stand the thought of Mrs. Foo matching or even getting close to Maria's count.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:06 AM   #1649
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I think I now officially want Serena to win I've been trying to deny it but I just can't live with Vika being 1 Slam off the Queen's count. I'm that petty.
glad we're all in the same page
malarkist is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 12:09 AM   #1650
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post
Well I was thinking about that too, even with 18 she'll still never match their other stats or come close. But I guess we just have to accept those stats aren't really possible to achieve anymore.
Roger Federer has better career stats than anyone since Rod Laver. If Serena had played full seasons like this year for her entire career she would have been closer to the likes of Court, Evert, Navratilova and Graf as well. But than she wouldn't perhaps be playing anymore. One of the reasons she's still so great now is that she paced herself very well. But I'm not a believer in the concept of a GOAT anyway. All you can really do is doing great enough to be part of the debate, and she's definitely done that.
Closed Thread