Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5 - Page 108 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 7th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #1606
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post
BB, why you pressed about arguably the best ever winning another Slam. Love and appreciate Rafa, he won't be here forever.
I refuse to accept Rafa as the best-ever (Even though I'm starting to think he might actually overtake Fed's stats).
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 7th, 2013, 11:26 PM   #1607
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
So who are we rooting for tomorrow?
Well I like Vika a lot more than I like Serena BUT I don't want Vika to have three slams and be so close to Maria, so Serena

and Rafa.
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 11:44 PM   #1608
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
^^ Carey Mulligan so should have won for An Education in 2009.
Yes, her and Gabourey Sidibe were easily the most deserving that year. But they were both newcomers, so they kinda cancelled each other out.

Blanchett is pretty much in there for the nomination, though she perhaps will needs some critics' group awards to get the win. Julie Delpy will need a major push from Sony Classics and a couple of critics' awards to even have a shot at a nod.

All I was do during the fifth set was wishing Novak didn't rip his shirt off when he won. Stay pressed Nadal haters. Although I believe Novak will win on Monday.

Even if Vika wins tomorrow I'd still consider Serena the player of the year. BTW, I've gone from hating Vika to finding her sometimes mildly annoying and sometimes amusing. She's just too blah and derivative to hate. Still, it'd be booty if she won. She had an easy draw and still played like shit this whole tournament with the exception of her first round.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 12:31 AM   #1609
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uricate View Post
Serena all the way

Either way I want to see bannings in GM.
Even you I thought you atleast would agree Aza is the lesser of two evils.

I'm pretty sure Serena will win anyway tbh Although I think Aza has legitimately stepped up her game this year when she's played Serena, I do also honestly believe Serena probably got a bit cocky against her and thought she could afford to play in second gear and still beat her. Cincinnati was probably a wake-up call for her so (sadly) I expect a consistent and focussed match from her tomorrow.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 02:22 AM   #1610
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Just got back from Blue Jasmine, and I have to say Cate Blanchett's performance was one of the best I've ever seen. Really, it was just fantastic. So any nomination she receives is fully deserved, no question.
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 03:01 AM   #1611
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
I don't know, I always thought the Oscars was about fashion or something. It's nice to see actor's getting acknowledged for their work, but they don't really do anything special.
Well, most that get an Oscar are good, but I'm not necessarily convinced that they are better than others. It's not like in sports where the guy that crosses the line first is the best, period. Art is more subjective than that, and besides - is the winner of, say, the best actor award really the best actor or is he just a good actor who was fortunate enough to be in a movie that everyone has seen? You sometimes see one movie get a whole bunch of Oscars. That's just not logical to me because there are thousands of movies being made every year. The really best supporting actress for example may have been playing in a lousy movie, but her performance may have been incredible but she won't get nominated because the movie as a whole was no good. What if as a composer you wrote an incredible score for an obscure Asian movie that nobody has seen? You did arguably a better job than the guy who ends up winning the Oscar because he was lucky enough to be working on the latest glossy mega production from Hollywood.

And how many of those that have a vote for the grammys have even heard what they are voting for? There are so many categories that most voters just vote for names that ring a bell without having heard the actual product. That's why for example Tony Bennett always win the Traditional Pop and BB King the Blues categories. They are the only traditional pop and blues artists that the majority of voting members have heard of and so they vote for them.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 03:08 AM   #1612
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So who are we rooting for tomorrow?
I don't care. For most matches I like one player better than the other, even if it's just marginally. But not in the case of these two finals. I'm sure that it will be great entertainment, but I don't have a preference. Perhaps I'll start rooting for one or the other depending on how the match(es) go.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 03:29 AM   #1613
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post
BB, why you pressed about arguably the best ever winning another Slam. Love and appreciate Rafa, he won't be here forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
Heres hoping (jokes)

I'm gutted for Stan but he put up a great fight. I cant belive it but I will be routing for a Serena win. I couldnt stomach Vika having another slam and only being one behind Maria.
Yep. Either way a lose-lose final for me just like the men's. But can you imagine the unbearable hype Vika will get if Sarin plays a nervy loose match to gift Vika her 3rd slam and 'HC genius' title? Ewww no.

Quote:
I refuse to accept Rafa as the best-ever (Even though I'm starting to think he might actually overtake Fed's stats).
STOP
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 03:46 AM   #1614
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Anyway to all Aussies, how bad is it that Tony Abbott won the election? Haven't been following the election news but what a messy year in Aussie politics...
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 04:10 AM   #1615
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
Anyway to all Aussies, how bad is it that Tony Abbott won the election? Haven't been following the election news but what a messy year in Aussie politics...
The US had Bush for two terms so every country gets that one um, blip.

He appeals to the largely ignorant population and to the people who're making good money (eg the tall white rich man).
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 05:17 AM   #1616
country flag domon17th

Yea I read that he's a religious conservative. 3 PMs in a year already
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 05:33 AM   #1617
country flag aussiesharapova

aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
And now he's going to destroy our country. At least all the asian's liked Rudd because he could speak chinese
The next three years will be about him, his complete BS and his hairy chest *insert puking emoticon*.
Q. Thai girl.
JJ: Tiger?
Q. Tanasugarn.
« ᴠɪsɪᴛ ᴍʏ ʙʟᴏɢ ғᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴍᴀᴛᴄʜ ʜɪɢʜʟɪɢʜᴛs !! - тwιттᴇʀ »
aussiesharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 07:06 AM   #1618
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiesharapova View Post
And now he's going to destroy our country. At least all the asian's liked Rudd because he could speak chinese
The next three years will be about him, his complete BS and his hairy chest *insert puking emoticon*.
Because thats totally a good reason to vote for someone
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 08:16 AM   #1619
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
At the moment I'm seriously 99% tempted not to watch any of the two finals

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 08:37 AM   #1620
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
At the moment I'm seriously 99% tempted not to watch any of the two finals

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I'm 100% not watching either I will be alseep. 2013 has taken the wind out of my tennis fandom. I know you cant look back but I'm not liking the direction the game is going playing wise in the mens game and when Masha isnt playing I just dont seem to care on the womens side.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote