Donna Vekic - Volume 2 - Page 91 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 27th, 2014, 10:57 AM   #1351
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of
Re: Donna Vekic - Volume 2

Some of those line calls were bad
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 27th, 2014, 10:58 AM   #1352
country flag volume3d

volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold

Sabine didn't have serve last 2 sets....She served like 150km/h and Donna still couldn't win this match....mess! horror period in Donna's career continues

Tipping2010: Wimbledon&US Open winner, Prague F, Cincinnati& Tashkent SF

Tipping2011: Sydney&Stuttgart F
volume3d is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 11:00 AM   #1353
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

It's because although Sabine couldn't serve, Donna also couldn't land first serves at the end. So she couldn't take advantage of the situation properly.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 11:16 AM   #1354
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyqld View Post
Some of those line calls were bad
The one she got angry about at 3-4 was correct though

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 11:16 AM   #1355
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

This match showed that Donna's problems now are not just because of her terrible form, she also totaly lost the mental edge, she can't normaly play a match, it's all a big strugle.

She needs a wake up call definitely, ITFs are awaiting, first of all to get some confidence back.
This was such a wasted opportunity, "old" Donna would win this match easily with solid play...
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 11:19 AM   #1356
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismaster8820 View Post
This match showed that Donna's problems now are not just because of her terrible form, she also totaly lost the mental edge, she can't normaly play a match, it's all a big strugle.

She needs a wake up call definitely, ITFs are awaiting, first of all to get some confidence back.
This was such a wasted opportunity, "old" Donna would win this match easily with solid play...
This, she seems to have lost the confidence that made her so dangerous...

Old Jan 27th, 2014, 11:39 AM   #1357
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
The one she got angry about at 3-4 was correct though
3-4 in 3rd set? No way, that ball was out. Could clearly see a gap.
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 12:00 PM   #1358
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyqld View Post
3-4 in 3rd set? No way, that ball was out. Could clearly see a gap.
Are you joking it got half the line It was hard to see with the stream but I could most definitely see no gap...

Old Jan 27th, 2014, 12:06 PM   #1359
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

ITF now.. should play one 25k now
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 12:17 PM   #1360
country flag chingching

IK this may sound extreme and I do not mean to troll but would it be totally unwise to just stop playing tournaments for a while, train really hard on Clay + save up some of her precious tournaments due too AER, and then play three oor 4 Clay ITFs/MMs later on, hopeffuly having gained some confidence on the surface? One of the things I have always felt has held her back on Clay is that she goes into it not having practised enough on it... This could be the perfect opportunity to improve her game given that she isn't exactly in killer HC form

Old Jan 27th, 2014, 12:42 PM   #1361
country flag anthonyqld

Donna said it best on Twitter

🙎🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 12:43 PM   #1362
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 12:47 PM   #1363
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute
At least it was a close match I didn't get to see it Did she choke?,Was it ugly?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Spencer. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 01:01 PM   #1364
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildeloltilde View Post
At least it was a close match I didn't get to see it Did she choke?,Was it ugly?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Neither played like Top 100 no joke Even Jana Fett probably would have beaten Donna

Old Jan 27th, 2014, 01:25 PM   #1365
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Luckily I didn't get to see a whole lot of it so I can't really comment, what I did see though wasn't too bad from Donna. Of course, this loss will hurt like hell, but I think it was a better performance by Donna than some of her previous matches. Seems like things are getting a bit better (feel free to call me crazy), no matter how glacially slow the process of improvement might seem.

To regain lost confidence is one of the toughest things a tennis player has to face, so I don't expect things to happen over night for her, but if she can keep it together and fight like hell on some lesser tournaments, she can definately get it back together. There is a reason why Venus Williams says that she is "brainwashed into being a champion", cause everybody who's into tennis knows how mental of a game it is.

Hopefully someone can help Donna keep believing that she can get back onto her path, cause we know she can play much better than she has been lately. There's no doubt she is working hard, even Chris Evert recently tweeted of seeing Donna working very hard at the gym, and it must be frustrating to work, yet find oneself stuck in a hole, but at one point or another hard work has to start paying off. It's "just" a matter of finding the right recipe for the ingredients at hand and getting the balance of fitness practice, tennis practice and choice of tournaments right. Easy, I know...

I'm not sure a break from tennis is what she needs right now, cause the season has just begun, but I do believe she could use some higher level ITF's for the moment. Don't know what they have in plan for after the Fed Cup, but I'd seriously consider spending a lot more time in the States this year. A tournament in Osprey (50k) is scheduled just between Miami and Charleston, assuming a player looses quite early in Miami, and assuming the main draw entry list isn't much tougher than last year so that she doesn't have to qualify. After those 3 there would be Dothan and Charlottesville right after Charleston and then Indian Harbour Beach after a one week break - all those tournaments are 50k's played on green clay. It would be brutal scheduling, but I think something like this could benefit her in the long run, even if it means skipping Indian Wells. A combination of surface and field toughness in these events could be just right to get her back on track in time for RG, and she could still play an event or two (Rome qualies for exameple) on red clay and get used to the conditions.

But anyway, we can only speculate which route will Mr. Felgate take at this point, it's Fed Cup time next for Miss D. Best of luck there
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote