Donna Vekic - Volume 2 - Page 56 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 17th, 2013, 12:14 PM   #826
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic - Volume 2

I would say that Ana would win that match given Donna's form and kind of the mental aspect but given Limoges

Maybe Doubles They seem to get along well given their polar opposite personalities
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 17th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #827
country flag Svizac

Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
With all the new developments I'm somehow hoping for a Vekic vs. Konjuh match in Poitiers - at least it would give us someone in R2

P. S. And the winner to play Lucic for the quarters wouldn't be bad
I'm hoping for that too. How weird it is that for entire season there wasn't a single match between Croatian players? (outside of local 10ks ofc)
Svizac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #828
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Donna needs one withdrawal from the top 8 for a seeding place in Poitiers...couldn't hurt. And yes Svizac, I agree that it's strange not to see our girls facing eachother at least a bit more often.

Last edited by ma re : Oct 17th, 2013 at 07:26 PM.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #829
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

OMG it is actually stronger than almost half the WTA Internationals this year
Old Oct 17th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #830
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Donna needs one withdrawal from the top 8 for a seeding place in Poitiers...couldn't hurt.
Donna's ranking has dropped since the acceptance list was put together, so I believe she needs two WD's.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 07:55 PM   #831
country flag Svizac

Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all

Donna announced on Facebook that Poitiers will be her last tournament this year. That sounds worrying, is she defending any more points until New Year? Can she drop out of Top100 and miss Australian Open MD?

P.S: when is the cutoff for AO rating-wise anyway? Is it January 1st?
Svizac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #832
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svizac View Post
Donna announced on Facebook that Poitiers will be her last tournament this year. That sounds worrying, is she defending any more points until New Year? Can she drop out of Top100 and miss Australian Open MD?

P.S: when is the cutoff for AO ratingwise anyway? Is it January 1st?
She can end up on the edge of top 100, but her AO MD place is not in question, cause you have to be inside top 108 to make it in. The entry deadline for MD is, if I remember correctly, 4 weeks before the tournament starts (so mid December).
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #833
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Well, to me is not worried but logical decision. Why? Cause she wasn't playing well lately and has enough time to regroup and to do "basic" trainings and well prepare for next season. Anyway, this is third week she plays in a row and she still has restrictions to play. + She played almost all season on WTA tour and now only not so challengers remain (and even not in Europe...so )
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #834
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute

Donna just got some tough draws that's all. I won't be surprised to see her draw 2nd seed in Poitiers R1

She took sets off of indoor GOATs Flipkens and Boom Boom Bine (who has bagelled every opponent so far in Luxembourg). It's promising. The fitness is an issue, but what 17 year olds fitness isn't an issue on the main level?

Only good wishes for Poitiers. Would love to see her end the year on a solid note, even if it isn't winning (which I don't expect her to). A nice QF run would be good, so we shall see
Spencer. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2013, 12:29 AM   #835
country flag chingching

Quote:
She can end up on the edge of top 100, but her AO MD place is not in question, cause you have to be inside top 108 to make it in. The entry deadline for MD is, if I remember correctly, 4 weeks before the tournament starts (so mid December).
Isn't it 6 weeks? Anyway, she will be in comfortably, it's after Australian Open that's an issue as even if she wins a round she will still lose 30 Points because of Ranking change
Old Oct 19th, 2013, 02:38 AM   #836
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:

December 2nd this year
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2013, 06:47 AM   #837
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Isn't it 6 weeks? Anyway, she will be in comfortably, it's after Australian Open that's an issue as even if she wins a round she will still lose 30 Points because of Ranking change
Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
December 2nd this year
Right, six weeks for MD, 4 weeks for qualies. My bad.
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #838
country flag ma re

Poitiers 100k, 1st round draw:

[1] M. Niculescu vs. N. Kichenok
S. Foretz Gacon (WC) vs. P. Parmentier (WC)
qualifier vs. qualifier
[8] D. Vekic vs. M. Minella

I'd say for a 100k this is a good draw. Good luck Donna!
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 01:53 PM   #839
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know...Minella on carpet could be very tough
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #840
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
I don't know...Minella on carpet could be very tough
It;s a slower Indoor Hard so Donna should win easy IMO