Donna Vekic - Volume 2 - Page 50 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 8th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #736
country flag Svizac

Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all
Re: Donna Vekic - Volume 2

Wow just woke up and Donna already up a set! This is beyond all expectations

Oh and Lucic won her match and Vrljic is up 4-3, finally a nice day for CRO-tennis...
Svizac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 8th, 2013, 11:04 AM   #737
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
HAHA
Anyway, not to take away from Donna's so far very good performance, but Flipkens gives away so many loose errors How did she make a GS SF
That English term "fluke run" comes to mind Btw, ajde and ajmo have a slight distinction in that ajmo has a certain plural epmhasis while ajde doesn't - hence, it's like the difference between "go" and "let's go" in English, but as someone previously noted, they're both used the same way as the English "come on".
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #738
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Donna's BH is so bad One of the worst in top 100 IMO
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #739
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Not good

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 11:35 AM   #740
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

ugh, terrible. was much better in the first set
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #741
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

this is why she should have played qualifying. she has no match toughness at this point
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #742
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

That point at 1:2* 30/30 was crucial and Flipkens handled it better eventhough she was frustrated and not thinking too well at the time. Now 1:4* so pretty much all over.
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #743
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Bye bye Donna. Hopefully a better Luxembourg

Old Oct 8th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #744
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

I can't see Donna in top 20-30 with that lousy backhand

Hit training courts honey
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #745
country flag guichard

0 break points in the last 2 sets and 14 return points won : sobbing: : sobbing:

Old Oct 8th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #746
country flag ma re

Well, losses are the inevitable part of sports and Donna has to go through her fair share on her way to improving the game. She played some solid tennis today IMO, far from her best, but better than I expected honestly. She made the most of her opponent's lack of focus and game plan in the first set, but then Flipkens cut down on errors, adjusted her serve and found her game in all it's variety. And before you know it, it was painfully obvious how this match will end. Donna is not just there yet, she is clearly far from the best players in the game and has a lot of room to improve, but for her own development she needs these tournaments (like Linz) in order to gain experience on the higher levels of the game. Hopefully the draw will be a bit kinder to her in Luxembourg and she'll maybe have to play qualies, which would definately be of some help, so we'll see if her luck will change towards the end of the year. I think next year, when she starts going for a bit more variety by alternating her practice surface her game wll benefit and improve, but for now she has to suffer a bit and get a lesson or two. It's all a part of the learning curve.

Better luck in Lux hon
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #747
country flag Svizac

Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all

I blame Kerber for entering super late and messing up Donna's draw
Svizac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #748
country flag ma re

Donna's 2013 so far looks like this:

- 14 tournaments played, of which 9 were "legitimate", strong events and one was an ITF challenger
- 6 first round losses
- w/l record 19-13
- a bit over USD 200 000 in prize money
- 1 title (Istanbul 50k)
- highest ranked opponent defeated, #24 (Cirstea, Birmingham)
- 4 bagels served, none getting served to her

Overall doesn't seem bad, but we all know expectations were higher. She'll probably end the year around #80 or close to that, while she herself said at the start of the year that she's aiming at top 50 by the year's end. Last year her w/l record was considerably better (43-12) but she played 10 challengers so there's really no comparison.

So, here's hoping we see something nice in Luxembourg.
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 06:08 PM   #749
country flag cro123456

cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all

Flipkens played poorly, yet Donna wasn't able to beat her. She was probably more concerned about what to wear for the Players Party than to pull out a proper tactic against Flipkens. Her Backhand side just begs to get abused.
cro123456 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #750
country flag Spencer.
New Caro Stan!

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute

Donna

I think she would've won a 3 setter against Klara "I hit 23 errors a set" Zakopolova

The parts I saw she looked as if she didn't care. Which isn't what you want to see

We'll always have Wimbly 07
Spencer. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote