Donna Vekic - Volume 2 - Page 34 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 27th, 2013, 11:47 PM   #496
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic - Volume 2

Go Donna

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 27th, 2013, 11:48 PM   #497
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute

SO. HAPPY. Donna
Spencer. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 11:50 PM   #498
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

she wins
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 11:54 PM   #499
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 11:56 PM   #500
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of

Congrats Donna

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Croatian Tennis on facebook★
Greco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 12:45 AM   #501
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Donna!
Won the match she needed to win.
Now no more pressure and hopefully she can play freely in next match, she really has nothing to lose.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 01:23 AM   #502
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome win!
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 01:25 AM   #503
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

Tough win, Donna!
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 07:02 AM   #504
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Donna! Reaching GS R2 for the second time this year is nice to see. Points from last year are now defended and anything else is a bonus.

But to get to a bonus...let's just say it won't be easy If you've seen some matches of Halep recently you must think that Donna doesn't even have 10% of a chance to win this. But then you go see the scores from yesterday and notice that she actually struggled in her 1st round match and needed 3 sets to go through. Now I mean no disrespect, but if Heather Watson can do it, I don't see why Donna Vekic couldn't do something similar. If not better dare I say...Watson did lose to Erakovic (not in great form recently) and Savchuk both since this year's Wimbledon. Could fatigue be getting the best of Halep now? I'd say there's a possibility. But Donna will have to play an absolutely perfect match. Halep has a great serve, can boss around with groundstrokes and even has a nice touch on the net, so pretty much everything. What I did notice however, that her lateral movement is not always that good, and with good DTL placement she can be pushed out of balance, so to speak. But still, it's a monumental task ahead of Donna. Yes, she's already done a good job (a win is a win, and reaching one when not playing your best is very valuable), but in order to progress she has to go out there and push herself, ask of herself to do the unexpected. Cause if you always only do what's expected you won't get that far in the long run. So I'm really looking forward to this match, as I see it as a great experience for Donna at the very least. Halep is great for Donna ATM as I think she is someone on whose game Donna could consider shaping her own in the years to come. Now let's just hope the match will get some broadcast.

Go for it Donna! Good luck
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 07:11 AM   #505
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

I think Heather Watson would have beaten Donna if they played. She has a lot more experience IMO and has achieved a lot and if anything is on the way up. I think this says a lot more about how Watson played than that of Halep, at least what I've heard If Donna wins a set I would be beyond surprised given that she lost a set ( and could have been the match) to a South American Clay courter, albeit quite a good one Still, we will see. It's a good sign that Donna managed to win this match given she lost to Dulgheru who is a similar player just 2 weeks ago I am very excited for Doubles

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
If Putin goes into Estonia, I will personally stone him to death
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #506
country flag Svizac

Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all

I'm so happy that Donna finally won a Grand Slam main draw match!
Svizac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #507
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svizac View Post
I'm so happy that Donna finally won a Grand Slam main draw match!
She won first round of a Grand slam already in Australian Open this year.
She is big talent no doubt, but players like Duque Marino she should beat easily, especially on hard. At the end only win is important. I really can't se her win against Halep but relativelly close result would be great.

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 01:04 PM   #508
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Oh Donna, should have been much easier

Not optimistic at all about today's doubles match and especially not about Halep one

Over 300 points to defend until end of 2013. It will be tough to end season in TOP 70. But still it is huge jump in rankings, Donna finished 2012. as world No.118
vladekCRO is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #509
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
I think Heather Watson would have beaten Donna if they played. She has a lot more experience IMO and has achieved a lot and if anything is on the way up. I think this says a lot more about how Watson played than that of Halep, at least what I've heard If Donna wins a set I would be beyond surprised given that she lost a set ( and could have been the match) to a South American Clay courter, albeit quite a good one Still, we will see. It's a good sign that Donna managed to win this match given she lost to Dulgheru who is a similar player just 2 weeks ago I am very excited for Doubles
Nahh more than likely Halep was tired after all the matches she played recently, it is new for her coming to a slam with big expectation. Watson has been slumping for months, she just played well for one set and half then got ran over. Watson is accomplished ? why because she won Osaka ?

As of Donna, we don't really know how she played. The scoreline doesn't tell the all story.
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 01:34 PM   #510
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Nahh more than likely Halep was tired after all the matches she played recently, it is new for her coming to a slam with big expectation. Watson has been slumping for months, she just played well for one set and half then got ran over. Watson is accomplished ? why because she won Osaka ?

As of Donna, we don't really know how she played. The scoreline doesn't tell the all story.
When Donna can be points from beating Sharapova, then maybe your argument will have validity.
Watson as of late has been improving and Jane Lane along with twitter posts say Watson kept it competitive and was getting back to her best. Donna's close 3 set defeat of a clay-courter does not even compare to Halep's win over Watson and you will never convince me or anyone who is comparing the two otherwise

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
If Putin goes into Estonia, I will personally stone him to death
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote