Donna Vekic - Volume 2 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 18th, 2013, 02:56 PM   #31
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic - Volume 2

Maybe she is getting mixed doubles preparation in for Hopman Cup 2014!
Advertisement

Old Jun 18th, 2013, 03:37 PM   #32
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Baku is another chance for a first title. Smart decision from a points perspective, but I'd prefer to see her battle it out in California at this point...
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #33
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
Baku is another chance for a first title. Smart decision from a points perspective, but I'd prefer to see her battle it out in California at this point...
Well, it is better to go in Baku if you ask me. First, she is still too young and have plenty of years to compete at biggest tournaments. I believe (if she stays injury free and dedicated as she is now) Donna already next year will be in California in that time. But don't forget that she is still not on level to compete against best of the best. Just remember that big part of this year she was struggling when she won one round in big tournaments like in AO, Miami, etc. If we do not count now Birmingham, only more matches she has played at Istanbul 50k. So, she definitely needs more matches at WTA level. Stronger tournaments will come with time.
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #34
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hele. View Post
Well, it is better to go in Baku if you ask me. First, she is still too young and have plenty of years to compete at biggest tournaments. I believe (if she stays injury free and dedicated as she is now) Donna already next year will be in California in that time. But don't forget that she is still not on level to compete against best of the best. Just remember that big part of this year she was struggling when she won one round in big tournaments like in AO, Miami, etc. If we do not count now Birmingham, only more matches she has played at Istanbul 50k. So, she definitely needs more matches at WTA level. Stronger tournaments will come with time.
This plus she would have to play qualifying in California.
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #35
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

no doubles qualifying. bratichova is playing with cohen instead??
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 12:52 PM   #36
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.vecernji.hr/sport/tenis/v...-clanak-571592

Not much new stuff here, so I'll skip the things that've been mentioned a million times before:

- problem from Birmingham isn't so much the shoulder as much as the back, a stiff nerve, but everything will be fine for Wimbledon

- at SW19 she'd like to pass a round but she'll take it a match at a time

- Donna started her sporting career as a gymnast and switched to tennis at the age of 6

- currently she's doing 2 practice sessions plus a fitness session every day but finds time to go out to town if she's not too tired

- hope her best friend on Tour, Petra Martic, will regain her ranking ASAP so they can hang out together more

- she'd like to compete at the Hopman Cup and she had a chat about it with Marin Cilic, there is a possibility (you're welcome BlueTrees)

And that's about it
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #37
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
- she'd like to compete at the Hopman Cup and she had a chat about it with Marin Cilic, there is a possibility (you're welcome BlueTrees)
Yay! That would be awesome. When I spoke to her at this year's Hopman Cup she seemed really eager to play, I think she was disappointed she wasn't able to.

Thanks for translating.
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 08:56 AM   #38
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.jutarnji.hr/donna-vekic--...povom/1109786/

Important points:

About Daily Mail's comparisson to Sharapova - it's nice and would be great to achieve such things, but each player has it's own way and I don't want to pressure myself too much; top 50 is a goal for 2013.

On Felgate being serious all the time - he does smile and he's not always serious, but I like the fact he is that way during the match; sometimes when things get tough I look at him and it helps to see him calm.

Regarding her biggest issues in tennis - obviously movement is the greatest, but we're working on it and it'll improve along with the increase in stamina; it takes time but in the years to come it'll be better.

It also says that Donna is "already answering her questions by default" and that she did 25 flash interviews in two hours that day.
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 10:06 AM   #39
country flag ma re

Many times here we spoke about our wishes for the Wimbledon draw, but here's a different take on the question; who'd you like to see Donna face in Wimbledon when it comes to seeds (hopefully 2nd round or beyond)? Who do you think would be an exciting match-up in one of those matches where she'd have nothing to lose?

Btw, draw is out tomorrow
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #40
country flag croat123

I'm hoping for Errani second round. That would be the best draw IMO. Paszek would also be good. I think there are at least 10 or so seeds that she has a fighting chance against.
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #41
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

I would like Goerges because she is somewhat out of form and because she is not such a great danger on grass as she could be on clay.
okramb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #42
country flag Svizac

Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Many times here we spoke about our wishes for the Wimbledon draw, but here's a different take on the question; who'd you like to see Donna face in Wimbledon when it comes to seeds (hopefully 2nd round or beyond)? Who do you think would be an exciting match-up in one of those matches where she'd have nothing to lose?

Btw, draw is out tomorrow
I just hope she will avoid top10 players in first 2 rounds.
Svizac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #43
country flag ma re

No one wants her to face Serena... I mean, of course we want the best draw, but I don't think even that would be a disaster - better now when she is young and has nothing to lose than next year when she comes back to defend (hopefully substantial) points. It would be one heck of an experience and...definately televised
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #44
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

If she plays with the same poise than in Birmingham, I think she has a fighting chance with most of the seeds.
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #45
country flag yenac

yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice

My pick would be Oprandi,Zakopalova,Peng or Suarez Navarro