Donna Vekic - Volume 2 - Page 210 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 16th, 2014, 03:09 PM   #3136
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic - Volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by josippo View Post
I would not be surpised at all if Ana passes them both in ranking until end of the season...
I would. I'd be very surprised, cause for that to happen a lot of things would have to fall into place just right. Currently Ana is 463 points behind Belinda and that's actually more than she currently has. It wouldn't be easy to catch her by the end of the season even if Belinda were to stop playing for the remainder of the year.

Anyway, we're kinda in the wrong thread for this discussion...
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 16th, 2014, 03:10 PM   #3137
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
After Kuala Lumpur I really thought it will give her confidence for the rest of the season, but now it Looks like if she relaxed after that, like if she has achieved something really big. She played so bad, so stupid. She hitted all balls into the net when she was A BIT in a defensive postion, I remeber the match against Muguruza than she was VERY often in defence she played some intelligent high and deep balls to Reposition her. She did not use that ONCE against Karla. I cant believe that. Just stupid senseless net hitting. Not once she went to the net. Nothing. Horrible. The only difference that I notice since Kuala Lumpur that she is now preparing her Looks much more for the court.
And once she was so rude to a Boy that collectes balls because he did not heard her immediatelly that she asked for a ball, that was so arrogant and bad. If I would be her parents I would speak a serious word with her about that.
I dont like her development in the last months at all! I will defenitly not watch her for a while...
Well...when I got disappointed after Wimbledon Zvonareva defeat and wrote something similar like you did now, I got my nose ribbed by half of this forum. Whenever Donna lose we always read here the same frases : she is young, she is gonna learn from this, she will improve..bla...bla...

First of all she is not THAT young anymore...she is not a baby...and her body and muscles are developed like at any other 25 y.o.women...

Second of all, it's obvious she is not learning anything because she is playing worse than last year and if there are not those points from Kuala Lumpur she wouldn't be in top 100 and that would be the right thing because she don't belong there anyway...

With this kind of game she will never be a champion because that what she is playing can hardly be called tennis. It's just hitting the ball...BADLY!!!
okramb is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 03:29 PM   #3138
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

All this is true guys, but if you take into account that Li Na hasn't won a match at a slam by the age of 23, Donna is doing great compared to that (even if we take into account all the time Li spent away from tennis during her break). So who knows what might be of Donna in 10 years. Maybe she needs to find herself in a desperate situation to gain a new perspective (something similar to what Li went through), so pretty much anything is possible.

Does it seem likely to happen - no. Did it seem likely that it'll happen to Li - no. Just saying.
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 03:56 PM   #3139
country flag dalmatian

dalmatian is an unknown quantity at this point

i always support croatian athletes but when Donna plays i dont care if she wins or lose cause she has bad bad attitude on court and off court.she is acting like spoiled little b-tch.
dalmatian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 09:34 PM   #3140
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
I would. I'd be very surprised, cause for that to happen a lot of things would have to fall into place just right. Currently Ana is 463 points behind Belinda and that's actually more than she currently has. It wouldn't be easy to catch her by the end of the season even if Belinda were to stop playing for the remainder of the year.

Anyway, we're kinda in the wrong thread for this discussion...
I am not sure about Ana over Bencic but Ana is playing like Top 50 now. She is getting like 70 Points ever tournament. If she just Qualifies and wins a round at USO she has basically caught up to Vekic

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2014, 01:19 AM   #3141
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

It's clear that Klara's ball bothers Donna though. She doesn't just hit in the net like that against everyone. It's something specific about Klara's slapped shot which makes it hard for her to get good shape on her groundies. Also Klara hits early and out positions Donna quite easily. So she either has to learn to deal with that ball or hope to avoid Klara.

She has to just keep working and trying to make her big serve and fh into massive weapons and also improve her movement and defence. I hope she can make herself faster, it seems to be difficult for her to improve this so far. It would also help if she could find a more positive attitude on court when the going is tough, but at least she normally keeps fighting till the end. No need to be too hard on her, she has already turned her year around a lot after all those consecutive losses, won a title and started competing better, but still waiting for her to have her first decent slam run. A rd 3 or 4 at the US open might be too much to hope for but would be very nice.

Last edited by HowardH : Jul 17th, 2014 at 01:24 AM.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2014, 02:49 AM   #3142
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute

With her recent results, a R3 of the US Open would have to happen with random WC Beatrice Capra in R1, and a wobbly/inconsistent low seed #30-32 like Vesnina or Rybarikova or something and then losing in R3 to one of the top 4 seeds

Donna
Spencer. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2014, 07:56 AM   #3143
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer. View Post
With her recent results, a R3 of the US Open would have to happen with random WC Beatrice Capra in R1, and a wobbly/inconsistent low seed #30-32 like Vesnina or Rybarikova or something and then losing in R3 to one of the top 4 seeds

Donna
So basically her Wimbledon Draw
Hopefully she does better in Baku

Quote:
Old Jul 17th, 2014, 09:59 AM   #3144
country flag josippo

josippo is just really nice josippo is just really nice josippo is just really nice josippo is just really nice josippo is just really nice josippo is just really nice josippo is just really nice josippo is just really nice josippo is just really nice josippo is just really nice josippo is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
Well...when I got disappointed after Wimbledon Zvonareva defeat and wrote something similar like you did now, I got my nose ribbed by half of this forum. Whenever Donna lose we always read here the same frases : she is young, she is gonna learn from this, she will improve..bla...bla...

First of all she is not THAT young anymore...she is not a baby...and her body and muscles are developed like at any other 25 y.o.women...

Second of all, it's obvious she is not learning anything because she is playing worse than last year and if there are not those points from Kuala Lumpur she wouldn't be in top 100 and that would be the right thing because she don't belong there anyway...

With this kind of game she will never be a champion because that what she is playing can hardly be called tennis. It's just hitting the ball...BADLY!!!
I dont think that she played soooo bad and stupid against Zovanareva. Zvonareva was just better. If there were not the Points of kuala lumpur? you talk as if These Points were a present. She played really well, and against Muguruza in the torunament before I think she made her best match ever, she moved well and played smart. There you could see her Talent, and her PROGRESS comparing last year! But after Kuala Lumpur she just stopped. And made some ridiculous Performances like there 23 double faults , etc... But I am most dissapointed how harsh she was to that Little Boy. Thats a NO GO for me. You just cant do that to a kid.Sorry. She has defenitly lost a fan. And yes I was one of these that was always defending her after every lost. Thats over now...
josippo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2014, 10:01 AM   #3145
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
But I am most dissapointed how harsh she was to that Little Boy. Thats a NO GO for me. You just cant do that to a kid.Sorry. She has defenitly lost a fan. And yes I was one of these that was always defending her after every lost. Thats over now...
Erm, did I miss something here? What'd she do?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Spencer. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2014, 10:10 AM   #3146
country flag josippo

josippo is just really nice josippo is just really nice josippo is just really nice josippo is just really nice josippo is just really nice josippo is just really nice josippo is just really nice josippo is just really nice josippo is just really nice josippo is just really nice josippo is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer. View Post
Erm, did I miss something here? What'd she do?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
she asked a Boy to give her a ball (the Opponent was serving!), so the Boy wanted to give the ball to the other side... he did not hear her, than she became loud to give her the ball, and the Boy turned around and was confused as he new that the other one is serving and looked at her, and she was looking at him with such a BAD FACE, increibly. Like a Monster. And asked him again quite badly, and got the ball, and made another stupid face. Like:"finally you got it!" These Kids are nervous, the Tennis palyers are their Idols! you cant do that. You have to be Patient and polite always to them and never bitchy. It is not his fault if she is playeng bad...
josippo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2014, 10:23 AM   #3147
country flag chingching

Quote:
she asked a Boy to give her a ball (the Opponent was serving!), so the Boy wanted to give the ball to the other side... he did not hear her, than she became loud to give her the ball, and the Boy turned around and was confused as he new that the other one is serving and looked at her, and she was looking at him with such a BAD FACE, increibly. Like a Monster. And asked him again quite badly, and got the ball, and made another stupid face. Like:"finally you got it!" These Kids are nervous, the Tennis palyers are their Idols! you cant do that. You have to be Patient and polite always to them and never bitchy. It is not his fault if she is playeng bad...
That's so mean And so out of character... Even when I am playing horrifically I am never mean to ball boys and linesman, they are only there to help you. Especially the ball boys. It's not uncommon though, many of my friends who have been ballboys have been sweared at and screamed at. Some players are too precious. Sad to see Donna behave like this.

Quote:
Old Jul 17th, 2014, 10:29 AM   #3148
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I would throw that ball in her head so powerful that she would never again be so bitchy towards ball boys...
Old Jul 17th, 2014, 10:51 AM   #3149
country flag ma re

That was a somewhat odd episode given that people who have met her always say she's really nice.

Guess the frustration got the worst of her and she shouldn't be proud of it, but can't say I saw it as so dramatic. It's not uncommon that players ask for a ball after a lousy shot in the previous point, even if they're not serving and usually ball kids are ready for that.

Still, she could've handled it better.
Old Jul 17th, 2014, 11:25 AM   #3150
country flag okramb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
That was a somewhat odd episode given that people who have met her always say she's really nice.

Guess the frustration got the worst of her and she shouldn't be proud of it, but can't say I saw it as so dramatic. It's not uncommon that players ask for a ball after a lousy shot in the previous point, even if they're not serving and usually ball kids are ready for that.

Still, she could've handled it better.
First was that "episode" with Felgate in Birmingham, now this, and only God knows what is happening at training every day behind closed doors. I'm not so surprised...it's easy to be all smiley faces when everything is going OK, the beer is cool, the weather is sunny and England will win the World Cup...

But I'm convinced that Donna and Felgate are aware that things are not going the way they thought...who knows what we'll see till the end of the season.