Donna Vekic - Volume 2 - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 26th, 2013, 06:36 PM   #301
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of
Re: Donna Vekic - Volume 2

This is a very roundabout rumor, but someone said on Twitter that Donna wasn't 100% per Tennis Forum. Is it true?

Edit: Found it. http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....09&postcount=1

Haha, no. I guess he/she doesn't watch Donna play. She was frustrated.

Last edited by RU90 : Jul 26th, 2013 at 06:53 PM.
RU90 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 26th, 2013, 08:50 PM   #302
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute

I think a nice difficulty curve into a tournament probably helps to get you match sharpened. Donna's first two opponents were an unknown wildcard and a qualifier outside the top 250.

Some people are criticising Donna for even playing in Baku. But I think she must have good reasons. The AER surely forces you to think very carefully about where is best to play. Losing to Svitolina isn't the end of the world, but I think it's unfortunate that she didn't get more 'useful' matches in the first two rounds; when you dominate so easily and finish the match quickly you don't learn so much from it.
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #303
country flag chicharito

chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
This is a very roundabout rumor, but someone said on Twitter that Donna wasn't 100% per Tennis Forum. Is it true?

Edit: Found it. http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....09&postcount=1

Haha, no. I guess he/she doesn't watch Donna play. She was frustrated.
It seemed to me she was struggling with the heat a little bit. Maybe she wasn't, but watching her I had that impression - reminded me of Aus open against Wozniacki when she just could get comfortable in the match.

Anyway, onwards and upwards! Looking forward to her playing in the USA - just Cinci and USO tournaments?
chicharito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 10:39 PM   #304
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicharito View Post
It seemed to me she was struggling with the heat a little bit. Maybe she wasn't, but watching her I had that impression - reminded me of Aus open against Wozniacki when she just could get comfortable in the match.
Yeah, that's a very good comparison. I think we have to give a little bit more credit to both Wozniacki and Svitolina in these matches. They did play well, and maybe prevented Donna from raising her admittedly poor level.
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #305
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post

Some people are criticising Donna for even playing in Baku. But I think she must have good reasons. The AER surely forces you to think very carefully about where is best to play. Losing to Svitolina isn't the end of the world, but I think it's unfortunate that she didn't get more 'useful' matches in the first two rounds; when you dominate so easily and finish the match quickly you don't learn so much from it.
Who cares were she's playing, the only thing that's really important is the quality of tennis she shows on the court and i don't see anything to brag about in that department ATM.
Bleeth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #306
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

I was on holiday this week so I was unable to watch Donna's matches in Baku. I'm surprised and said because I can't find even highlights on youtube
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #307
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Just today I've realized this bit of info...the highest ranked player she defeated:

2011 - 135
2012 - 54
2013 - 24

Hence the disappointment with this week, seemed like a step back. But the numbers are encouraging and show she is getting better all the time. I wonder if it means she'll be ready for a top 10 scalp next year.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #308
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
I think a nice difficulty curve into a tournament probably helps to get you match sharpened. Donna's first two opponents were an unknown wildcard and a qualifier outside the top 250.

Don't listen to them. When a top player plays a tournament like Stanford they call her vulture
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 01:59 AM   #309
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway, we must move on
There are still some positives to be drawn from this tournament
I am really excited for Cincinatti as she will be playing people around her level like in Indian Wells and we will clearly be able to see where she is at

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 03:34 AM   #310
country flag Spencer.
New Caro Stan!

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Anyway, we must move on
There are still some positives to be drawn from this tournament
I am really excited for Cincinatti as she will be playing people around her level like in Indian Wells and we will clearly be able to see where she is at
inb4 Bitchpova Round 1

We'll always have Wimbly 07
Spencer. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 04:38 AM   #311
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildeloltilde View Post
inb4 Bitchpova Round 1
What

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 08:23 AM   #312
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Svitolina a break up against Peer in the final ATM.

EDIT: And wins 4 & 4.

Last edited by ma re : Jul 28th, 2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 05:55 PM   #313
country flag Spencer.
New Caro Stan!

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
What
She'll get Pova in R1

Old Jul 28th, 2013, 06:00 PM   #314
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildeloltilde View Post
She'll get Pova in R1
I don't see that as a bad thing. It would mean that

a) she's passed the qualifying
b) she'll get a valuable tennis lesson

Call me crazy.
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #315
country flag Spencer.
New Caro Stan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
I don't see that as a bad thing. It would mean that

a) she's passed the qualifying
b) she'll get a valuable tennis lesson

Call me crazy.
Oh I was unaware she had to qualify. Getting Pova R1 wouldn't be such a bad thing would it