Donna Vekic - Volume 2 - Page 143 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 18th, 2014, 04:57 PM   #2131
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future
Re: Donna Vekic - Volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
The closer Donna is to the net the more nervous I become about her shots.
My thought exactly.

Anyway, this was a much better match. She has been so mentally strong when saving break points.
Advertisement

Old Apr 18th, 2014, 05:01 PM   #2132
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
My thought exactly.

Anyway, this was a much better match. She has been so mentally strong when saving break points.
Yup 9/11 today
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 05:22 PM   #2133
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Probably should keep my mouth shut but I have a good feeling about tomorrow. Would be great if it were to come true.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 08:23 PM   #2134
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post
Congrats to Donna, she used really good draw to make it into SF.

Zhang is clear favorite tomorrow, ATM she is more complete player.

GL to Donna
The odds say Donna has a good chance. I think it is about 50/50.

Very good with the points earned here. To be able to play many big tournaments.
garwe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 09:07 PM   #2135
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 09:18 PM   #2136
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

I watched many Shuai's matches last year and I was really impressed with her game. She is in much worse form this year (passed second round only in 1/10 tournaments).

Her game is pure enjoy to watch when she is on, just hope that she won't bring her best game tomorrow
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 09:18 PM   #2137
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the videos at the end She looked so happy!

Has anyone ever met Donna? If you have, how was her personality? Did she seem like a nice person?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Spencer. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 09:35 PM   #2138
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer. View Post
Thanks for the videos at the end She looked so happy!

Has anyone ever met Donna? If you have, how was her personality? Did she seem like a nice person?

When I saw her in person and that was ages, ages ago,
she was very aproachable and nice, found time for everyone who wanted to interact with her.
But I guess she must have changed by now bc it can't be that amusing pleasing all the people all the time, especially now that she is more popular.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 11:04 PM   #2139
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer. View Post

Donna is a lovely girl. Very friendly

Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 08:56 AM   #2140
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting and somewhat worrying is how she needed two atempts at a serve for the match in each of her two previous matches. Still needs to work a lot on settling her nerves when it really matters.

Anyway, in doubles Kichenok/Savchuk have a set and a break advantage so might not be long before Donna is on court, 3/4 hours maybe...

EDIT: A re-break in the second set of a doubles match just now.
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 09:46 AM   #2141
country flag ma re

Just when super tie-break was about to start - rain
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 10:44 AM   #2142
country flag ma re

They're drying the court, but have just reported that a thunderstorm is in the forecast...
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 10:52 AM   #2143
country flag ma re

Really dark skies, wind, thunders...but they're still drying the court

Poor guys, who knows how many more times will they be doing this until the tournament is over.
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 10:59 AM   #2144
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Donna is used to this from Birmingham!
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 11:32 AM   #2145
country flag ma re

It's literally pouring in KL, definately not looking like it'll stop any time soon.

6:30 PM right now there, and they still have that doubles STB + award ceremony to go through before Donna's match is on. I'd say there's a high chance all of this won't finish today (unless they employ C1 maybe).