Summer 2013 - College player in ITF events - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 4th, 2013, 06:21 AM   #91
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold
Re: Summer 2013 - College player in ITF events

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
She looks ok here and like you said, obviously played the doubles. I wonder if it had something to do with heat illness or something? She has been tweeting today, so I'm glad she's ok at least and had a great week overall!

http://instagram.com/p/ckvV3PMQy3/
My guess it was a heat stroke...like 120's on the court, so...
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 4th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #92
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

1st Round
Riko SAWAYANAGI (JPN) [1] 6-3 6-1 Ashley MURDOCK (USA)
Veronica M. CORNING (USA) 6-4 3-6 7-6(3) Rhiann NEWBORN (USA)
Frances ALTICK (USA) 7-6(5) 6-1 Rosalia ALDA (USA)
Catherine HARRISON (USA) 6-1 6-4 Stephanie KENT (USA) [7]
Macall HARKINS (USA) [3] 6-2 6-1 Alexandra CERCONE (USA)
Danielle MILLS (USA) 6-3 7-6(8) Francesca SEGARELLI (DOM)
Michelle SAMMONS (RSA) 6-2 7-5 Rima ASATRIAN (USA)
Miyu KATO (JPN) [5] 6-3 1-6 6-0 Christina MAKAROVA (USA)
Nadia ECHEVERRIA ALAM (USA) [8] 7-6(2) 6-3 Valentina STARKOVA (KAZ)
Sherry LI (USA) 6-4 6-1 Eva RASZKIEWICZ (USA)
Nicole FRENKEL (USA) 6-0 7-5 Katie RUCKERT (USA)
Lauren HERRING (USA) 6-3 1-6 6-4 Julia ELBABA (USA) [4]
Lauren ALBANESE (USA) [6] 6-3 6-3 Ryann FOSTER (USA)
Ema BURGIC (BIH) 6-1 4-6 6-4 Mia KING (USA)
Jacqueline WU (USA) 6-4 6-0 Casey ROBINSON (USA)
Lauren EMBREE (USA) [2] 6-1 6-1 Kyra WOJCIK (USA)
2nd Round
Veronica M. CORNING (USA) 6-3 6-4 Riko SAWAYANAGI (JPN) [1]
Catherine HARRISON (USA) 2-6 6-1 6-0 Frances ALTICK (USA)
Danielle MILLS (USA) 6-4 6-4 Macall HARKINS (USA) [3]
Miyu KATO (JPN) [5] 6-2 6-2 Michelle SAMMONS (RSA)
Nadia ECHEVERRIA ALAM (USA) [8] 6-4 6-0 Sherry LI (USA)
Lauren HERRING (USA) 6-3 6-1 Nicole FRENKEL (USA)
Ema BURGIC (BIH) 6-1 2-6 6-3 Lauren ALBANESE (USA) [6]
Lauren EMBREE (USA) [2] 6-3 7-6(1) Jacqueline WU (USA)
Quarterfinal
Catherine HARRISON (USA) 6-1 6-2 Veronica M. CORNING (USA)
Miyu KATO (JPN) [5] 6-2 6-1 Danielle MILLS (USA)
Lauren HERRING (USA) 7-5 2-2 Retired Nadia ECHEVERRIA ALAM (USA) [8]
Lauren EMBREE (USA) [2] 2-6 6-4 6-3 Ema BURGIC (BIH)
Semifinal
Miyu KATO (JPN) [5] 6-2 2-6 6-2 Catherine HARRISON (USA)
Lauren EMBREE (USA) [2] 6-0 3-5 Retired Lauren HERRING (USA)
Final
Lauren EMBREE (USA) [2] 3-6 6-1 3-1 Retired Miyu KATO (JPN) [5]

Looks like Lauren's conditioning key to victory...did anybody saw her commercial?

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XANpx...ature=youtu.be
Old Aug 4th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #93
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Incoming Stanford freshman Carol Zhao qualifies for the WTA Premier 5 in Toronto beating Irina Begu. Also had a nice win over Tomljanovic in 100K Vancouver last week and then lost a tight two-setter to in-form Nara. Definitely in good form heading into the collegiate season.
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 01:11 AM   #94
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Found a short article on Embree's win in Fort Worth, that also clarifies Herring's situation: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/08...-survives.html

And people wonder why WTA Dallas folded...
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 02:03 PM   #95
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

Anna Morgina who played at South Carolina was recently interviewed by the ITF Pro Circuit and she stated the following...

How do players relationships with each other at tournaments compare on the ITF Pro Circuit to other Circuits you may have played (ie ITF Juniors/WTA Tour)?

There is no big difference between Juniors and ITF Pro Circuit, I have been talking to the same people, in the same way and having friends on both tours. But if I compare these circuits with college tennis, I would see a big difference because in college most of the girls do not have good relationships and it is very difficult to communicate with each other due to that.

How has playing on the ITF Pro Circuit helped you as a player?

For sure ITF helped me to gain experience which I never had in college, and I got my first ranking thanks to those tournaments, and if I keep on improving my ranking I can get into bigger level tournaments which will develop me even as a better player.

Old Aug 15th, 2013, 11:40 PM   #96
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjaime View Post
Anna Morgina who played at South Carolina was recently interviewed by the ITF Pro Circuit and she stated the following...

How do players relationships with each other at tournaments compare on the ITF Pro Circuit to other Circuits you may have played (ie ITF Juniors/WTA Tour)?

There is no big difference between Juniors and ITF Pro Circuit, I have been talking to the same people, in the same way and having friends on both tours. But if I compare these circuits with college tennis, I would see a big difference because in college most of the girls do not have good relationships and it is very difficult to communicate with each other due to that.

How has playing on the ITF Pro Circuit helped you as a player?

For sure ITF helped me to gain experience which I never had in college, and I got my first ranking thanks to those tournaments, and if I keep on improving my ranking I can get into bigger level tournaments which will develop me even as a better player.

Doesn't sound like she got along with her teammates...doubt she can make a blanket statement about college tennis like that especially since it is a team sport, unlike ITF/WTA
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 03:16 AM   #97
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Eleni Kordolaimi (Houston) played three 10K's in Egypt so far and reached the singles QF in all three (twice hitting over 15 aces in matches) and winning two doubles titles with Susanne Celik

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote