Summer 2013 - College player in ITF events - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 27th, 2013, 04:26 AM   #61
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Summer 2013 - College player in ITF events

WTA Carlsbad

Qualifying Draw

(1)Marina Erakovic v (wc)Zoe Gwen Scandalis
(wc)Jan Abaza v (wc)Emily J. Harman
Jill Craybas v Julia Boserup
(wc)Brianna Morgan v (5)Nicole Gibbs

(2)Sesil Karatantcheva v Chieh-Yu Hsu
Katalin Marosi v (wc)Julia Moriarty
Ivana Lisjak v Abigail Spears
Natalie Grandin v (8)Sachia Vickery

(3)Olga Savchuk v (wc)Xue Zhang
(wc)Kelly Shaffer v (wc)Allie Will
CoCo Vandeweghe v (wc)Stephanie Hoffpauir
(wc)Amanda Fink v (7)Petra Rampre

(4)Maria Elena Camerin v (wc)Elizabeth Lumpkin
(wc)Alexandra Stevenson v (wc)Gabrielle DeSimone
Alicja Rosolska v Asia Muhammad
Raquel Kops-Jones v (6)Sachie Ishizu

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 28th, 2013, 05:05 AM   #62
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

It's true Zoe had nothing to hurt Marina(except intermittent serve), but Marina was actually kinda smirking in the end (like it was too easy). Didn't like that at all, so will openly root for Gibbsy/Julia winner if Marina advances

Oh and Sabs might...

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Jul 28th, 2013 at 05:26 AM.
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #63
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
It's true Zoe had nothing to hurt Marina(except intermittent serve), but Marina was actually kinda smirking in the end (like it was too easy). Didn't like that at all, so will openly root for Gibbsy/Julia winner if Marina advances

Oh and Sabs might...
Silly but don't think I can, the defeat at NCAA is still fresh, etiam amarus(still bitter)

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #64
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Oh and Sabs might...

She is the #1 seed...it must have been too easy
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 02:28 AM   #65
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
She is the #1 seed...it must have been too easy
Your response kinda tells me not to root for Gibbsy...my rooting power was still alive, rooted hard for Jan so she won the 1st, when I went to watch Sachie match...you know the score

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 03:07 AM   #66
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Your response kinda tells me not to root for Gibbsy...my rooting power was still alive, rooted hard for Jan so she won the 1st, when I went to watch Sachie match...you know the score
If you need a reason to root for Marina, that's fine with me.

And BTW, Marina is the #1 seed, Gibbs is the #5 seed. Gibbs defeated Sabs, who is the #1 spot at USC. Zoe is the #3 spot. So doesn't it make sense that Marina would have an easy match?

The same applies to Gibbs, who defeated Embree, who is at the #1 spot. Morgan is at the #4 spot at UF. So it makes sense that she had an easy match against her, no? like Marina?

Last edited by tie_breaker : Jul 29th, 2013 at 03:14 AM.
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 04:05 AM   #67
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
If you need a reason to root for Marina, that's fine with me.

And BTW, Marina is the #1 seed, Gibbs is the #5 seed. Gibbs defeated Sabs, who is the #1 spot at USC. Zoe is the #3 spot. So doesn't it make sense that Marina would have an easy match?

The same applies to Gibbs, who defeated Embree, who is at the #1 spot. Morgan is at the #4 spot at UF. So it makes sense that she had an easy match against her, no? like Marina?
Who said I'm going to root for Marina? Gibbs needs all the help she can get, since Marina is serving well McHale double bagelled Zoe 2 years ago, but she didn't laugh..don't try to justify Marina's coarse behavior; you just can't show any compassion toward USC players, do you I guess I'll return the favor..by NOT rooting for Gibbs

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Jul 29th, 2013 at 04:14 AM.
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 04:37 AM   #68
country flag tie_breaker

Which McHale? Gibbs had lots of support at Stanford but still lost to Hampton, so I think the match is determined on the court, but you could be right

Didn't somebody say that it didn't matter what happened in the singles or doubles matches that it didn't make up for what happen to the team championship (maybe not exactly those words but to the same effect)
So what gives? What's the big deal over a qualifying match in the first round? Maybe I don't wear the USC cap but doesn't mean I don't like any of the USC players. My 2nd favorite player is Sabs.
Doesn't Hilary go to USC? Isn't Gibbsy being coached by someone from USC?

The funny thing is that the players have school pride and all but they don't hate the other players because what school they go to. Most of them are friends and have been playing together since Juniors. So really...it's not a big deal when a player loses...nobody got hurt, right?
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 04:47 AM   #69
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Who said I'm going to root for Marina? Gibbs needs all the help she can get, since Marina is serving well McHale double bagelled Zoe 2 years ago, but she didn't laugh..don't try to justify Marina's coarse behavior; you just can't show any compassion toward USC players, do you I guess I'll return the favor..by NOT rooting for Gibbs
Are you knocking Gibbsy's serve? As far as Marina's coarse behavior, I haven't heard about it except from you, but who knows, maybe the smirk could have been something else. Things get misunderstood. It happens. I didn't see it so I am not judging one way or another. All I was referring to was the match-up. You're the one making the comment that it was an easy match. I just was reading into the score and match-up and not about any smirk.
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 04:54 AM   #70
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
Kyle lost 2 and 1 to Mueller and Jen Brady beat her 76 in the third today. Interesting.

Speaking of 2 and 1...

Q3: (6)Lauren Embree (USA) d. Robin Anderson (USA) 62 61

Let's hope that was a tank from Robin to give her doubles partner a chance to increase her pro ranking.
In other news, Lauren is in Texas practicing for her next tournament, I believe El Paso, but didn't see her name on the QD so maybe she got a WC to MD.
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 05:00 AM   #71
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

you do know that I was half joking about my so called rooting power? And just don't try to 'defend' Marina..YOU weren't there Not everybody laughs when they are winning comfortably, Xtina surely didn't. Forget it..damn, it's so hard to root for Stanford players..

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 05:15 AM   #72
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
you do know that I was half joking about my so called rooting power? And just don't try to 'defend' Marina..YOU weren't there Not everybody laughs when they are winning comfortably, Xtina surely didn't. Forget it..damn, it's so hard to root for Stanford players..
Yeah it must be tough to root for Gibbsy and Hardebeck...

Now that Gibbsy is not attending Stanford and is being coached by USC, does that make it a little easier?
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 05:33 AM   #73
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future

Quote:
damn, it's so hard to root for Stanford players..
I'll tell you that it is easy for me to root for any ex-college player over a player that goes straight from Juniors to the pros. And it doesn't matter which school they attended! I was even rooting for Allie Will in the Bank of the West / Stanford doubles draw! Okay, I actually didn't watch any of her matches in person, but I wanted her to do well.

Follow me on Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
urklerlay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 05:35 AM   #74
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future

btw - talking about the Bank of the West - I saw K Ahn around the tournament even after she got bounced in the Qualifying. I'm not so sure that Stanford's No. 1 player should be riding around campus on a skateboard!

Follow me on Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
urklerlay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 01:50 PM   #75
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by urklerlay View Post
I'll tell you that it is easy for me to root for any ex-college player over a player that goes straight from Juniors to the pros. And it doesn't matter which school they attended! I was even rooting for Allie Will in the Bank of the West / Stanford doubles draw! Okay, I actually didn't watch any of her matches in person, but I wanted her to do well.
I watched a considerable portion of Allie's match yesterday. Guess I'm 'fairer' than you

- Woodrow Wilson