How will Serena prepare for Wimbledon? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 12th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #31
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How will Serena prepare for Wimbledon?

As usual lifting dump trucks
Roookie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 13th, 2013, 12:39 AM   #32
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for some of the serious answers anyway.

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 01:08 AM   #33
country flag BunnyLover

BunnyLover is just really nice BunnyLover is just really nice BunnyLover is just really nice BunnyLover is just really nice BunnyLover is just really nice BunnyLover is just really nice BunnyLover is just really nice BunnyLover is just really nice BunnyLover is just really nice BunnyLover is just really nice BunnyLover is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
yes, she withdrew from FO after 1R to get ready better for Wimbledon last year, if I'm not mistaken

Still back to back French Open and Wimbledon is not an easy goal, I feel she will have more trouble in London this year, as it wasn't her primary objective this year.
There's more than 2 weeks between RG and Wimbly. Plus the first 4 rounds of Wimbly are easy. Plus there are lots of rain delays in Wimbly which means more rest.
BunnyLover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 01:41 AM   #34
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
if she hadn't been preparing on clay courts in France this year and hadn't played red clay tournaments , she wouldn't have won FO2013. That's for sure

Despite she is a favorite at Wimbledon, the whole field has more chances against her on grass this year, than on clay.
What?

That's not true at all. She's way better on grass than on any other surface. Her serve is better (a record 101 aces last year in the tournament can attest to that, more than any man hit), she gets down lower to hit her ground strokes than everyone else and she comes in way more to volley and drive volley. Kvitova might have half a chance if she plays a great match but other than her nobody will get close. Serena has almost always prepared for Wimbledon at home and then she arrives a week in advance to practise her game on the grass. Maybe that's the easiest transition for her - go from clay to hard to grass. Can't really argue against the results.
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 03:52 AM   #35
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Well she won last year on serve alone. That is all she needs this year again. hahaha.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #36
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
Well she won last year on serve alone. That is all she needs this year again. hahaha.
Her ground game at Wimbledon should be the best it has since 2002.

The French Open was a nice warm up, got her ground game tuned, if she only gets broken six times at RG imagine what it will be like at Wimbledon.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #37
country flag MrPitiful

MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all

The early rounds are her warming up lol, the girl has the game. The field that should be catching up with her.
MrPitiful is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 06:51 AM   #38
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Has she left for England yet?

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 07:08 AM   #39
country flag serena_the_queen

serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future

Yeah what's scary for all the other scrubs is that Serena won last year on pretty bad form. Her ground game was really off up until the quarters. Her serve was spectacular the whole two weeks and got her through some matches. So yeah on current form she is pretty untouchable IMO.
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 08:41 AM   #40
country flag kusiak

kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of

First two matches will be her preparation for the rest of the tournament. She will win them even playing 10%.

AGA - FUTURE SLAM CHAMP AND WORLD NUMBER ONE

SERENA WILLIAMS - GOAT
kusiak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #41
country flag TennisPhan

TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future

All she needs to do is spend a few hours a day working on her serve for like a week and hello #17.

Wow I just realized now that she is going to tie Fed. Amazing!!
TennisPhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #42
country flag TennisPhan

TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future

Btw stop trolling nashamasha. Obvious trolling is obvious.
Ban?
TennisPhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 04:44 PM   #43
country flag jcempire

jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice

stay health
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 04:44 PM   #44
country flag J.J.Kelly

J.J.Kelly J.J.Kelly J.J.Kelly J.J.Kelly J.J.Kelly J.J.Kelly J.J.Kelly J.J.Kelly J.J.Kelly J.J.Kelly J.J.Kelly

She probably works out a lot and stays in shape, and also practices tennis on the court to stay good.
J.J.Kelly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #45
country flag Justin SW
Member of Rena's Army

Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute

Serena always prepares the same for Wimbledon. She goes to Florida. Hits serves on hard court. Then shows up at Wimbledon, gets 4-5 days of grass practice. Then she goes into Wimbledon obviously off on her groundies cuz she only practiced 4-5 days on the grass but has the serve to back up her first few rounds. Then she works her way into form during the tournament xoxox
Justin SW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote