How will Serena prepare for Wimbledon? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 11th, 2013, 06:34 PM   #16
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How will Serena prepare for Wimbledon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
yes, she withdrew from FO after 1R to get ready better for Wimbledon last year, if I'm not mistaken

Still back to back French Open and Wimbledon is not an easy goal, I feel she will have more trouble in London this year, as it wasn't her primary objective this year.
Just hush, stick with your blonde corporate serf.
You know nothing about Serena and her tournament preparation.

To the OP, Serena and Venus always prep for Wimbledon on hard courts at home in Florida, with their parents and coaches. She normally doesn't touch the grass until she arrives in London.
Advertisement

Old Jun 11th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #17
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you ask that in Serena Slam?
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 10:10 AM   #18
country flag Adi1987

Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future

Quote:
if she hadn't been preparing on clay courts in France this year and hadn't played red clay tournaments , she wouldn't have won FO2013. That's for sure

Despite she is a favorite at Wimbledon, the whole field has more chances against her on grass this year, than on clay.

Better chances on Grass does not mean they will defeat Serena, it is just they will avoid an even bigger BEATDOWN.

By the way how are things going on in SLAMLESS SIREN
Adi1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 10:17 AM   #19
country flag Libertango

Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
if she hadn't been preparing on clay courts in France this year and hadn't played red clay tournaments , she wouldn't have won FO2013. That's for sure
... what?!

Are you saying she's lucky?

Or that she shouldn't have entered Madrid/Rome like everyone else/like she's supposed to do, because that's given her some kind of bizarre advantage?

Or ...?

Libertango is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 10:26 AM   #20
country flag Alexandros
Jail food ah de best.

Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Despite she is a favorite at Wimbledon, the whole field has more chances against her on grass this year, than on clay.
This passive agressive shit aint working. Just admit already that you want her to bomb out so Maria can win. "The whole field has more chance against her on grass than on clay" are you fucking retarded?? How stupid must you be to even believe this shit. The reason her first rounds last year were close is because she was still insecure after that R1 loss. Please get banned again your bullshit is annoying.

Last edited by Alexandros : Jun 12th, 2013 at 10:32 AM.
Alexandros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #21
country flag crescentmoon

crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarindipity View Post
This passive agressive shit aint working. Just admit already that you want her to bomb out so Maria can win. "The whole field has more chance against her on grass than on clay" are you fucking retarded?? How stupid must you be to even believe this shit. The reason her first rounds last year were close is because she was still insecure after that R1 loss. Please get banned again your bullshit is annoying.
Ugg, just ignore her. If you havn't noticed she posts all about Serena but none of the other matches going on. This is typical behavior and it only took a day to get on my nerves already.
crescentmoon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #22
country flag L'Enfant Sauvage

L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yes, she withdrew from FO after 1R to get ready better for Wimbledon last year, if I'm not mistaken

Still back to back French Open and Wimbledon is not an easy goal, I feel she will have more trouble in London this year, as it wasn't her primary objective this year.
The only other time she won RG (2002) she didn't prep for Wimbledon, and put in two of her most dominant slam performances after that (didn't drop a set in a slam until Australia 2003 ) Not saying it's a given, but if she does do poorly at Wimbledon it won't be because of a lack of grass court practice, as she's almost never played a proper Wimbledon lead-up. All she has to do is stay healthy, hit the practice courts (on any surface) and work on hitting the lines, and remember to come in off the inevitable weak replies

(Anyone playing Sharapova)
L'Enfant Sauvage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #23
country flag Shaboinka84

Shaboinka84 is a splendid one to behold Shaboinka84 is a splendid one to behold Shaboinka84 is a splendid one to behold Shaboinka84 is a splendid one to behold Shaboinka84 is a splendid one to behold Shaboinka84 is a splendid one to behold Shaboinka84 is a splendid one to behold Shaboinka84 is a splendid one to behold Shaboinka84 is a splendid one to behold Shaboinka84 is a splendid one to behold Shaboinka84 is a splendid one to behold

Serena and Venus practice on hardcourts for Wimbledon they've been doing that for years now
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #24
country flag crescentmoon

crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know what her schedule for the upcoming couple weeks? Is she going back to Paris or will she go to London? I read she came back to the states for interviews and stuff like that.

BTW, do y'all like my new signature? I love it.

Last edited by crescentmoon : Jun 12th, 2013 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Ads
crescentmoon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 11:50 AM   #25
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucemferre View Post
That's enough if you ask me
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #26
country flag Rena P

Rena P is a splendid one to behold Rena P is a splendid one to behold Rena P is a splendid one to behold Rena P is a splendid one to behold Rena P is a splendid one to behold Rena P is a splendid one to behold Rena P is a splendid one to behold Rena P is a splendid one to behold Rena P is a splendid one to behold Rena P is a splendid one to behold Rena P is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Trouble this year? You wish! Serena has won five Winbledons without playing any warm up tournaments except 2011 when she was coming back from illness. I notice your fave started copying that too but still can't win it again
Rena P is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #27
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

Serena has done the same thing for the longest time:

French Open

Go home to Florida and practice on hard courts to get the strokes grooved (you don't want to try and groove your strokes to a grass bounce. That throws the timing off.)

Go to England around what...the Wednesday before. Get some practice in at the facility and then play her first round match.

Maria used to play a grass warm up and stopped after 2007. The season is too short to really make a big difference. The girls with big game always do well at Wimbledon. Plus, the grass plays a little more like a slick hard court now anyway.
The Upstarts: Muguruza, Garcia
The Legends: Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #28
country flag Rolling-Thunder

Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future

Dear the William Sisters have not done warm up tournaments prior to Wimbledon. They've done pretty well over the years.

Their serve and movement were such assets, even as the grass was slowed down.

Serena's routine will not change one bit. She'll head to London next week with the singular goal of lifting the trophy that bears Venus' name. She may even play doubles, which is the one Slam that I find non-problematic for her.

Last edited by Rolling-Thunder : Jun 12th, 2013 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Typo
Rolling-Thunder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 02:40 PM   #29
country flag DemWilliamsGulls

DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute

Practice on a hard court like she's been doing for all these years...
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #30
country flag WonderFan

WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute

It's confidential. Business confidentiality.
WonderFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote