OMG Pierce actually lost to Farina.... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 28th, 2003, 08:31 AM   #1
country flag ms_nut

ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute
OMG Pierce actually lost to Farina....

I just can't believe it.....
She took the first set 6-3 and then won only 1 game?????
I can't understand this... Mary has like owned Farina-Elia..
Farina won only 3 games in their last 2 meetings.
She failed to even win a game against Pierce at the Luxembourg Final in 1998.
What's happening ,players like Rubin and Farina who have never beaten her have now done so in 3 sets.Wow...
I'm so disappointed .Ireally wanted to see how Pierce would match up against Davenport in the QF.
oOh well 35 quality points down the drain...
Better luck next time Mary
ms_nut is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 28th, 2003, 08:45 AM   #2
bilal
Moderator - Henin.org

bilal is an unknown quantity at this point bilal is an unknown quantity at this point bilal is an unknown quantity at this point bilal is an unknown quantity at this point bilal is an unknown quantity at this point bilal is an unknown quantity at this point bilal is an unknown quantity at this point bilal is an unknown quantity at this point bilal is an unknown quantity at this point bilal is an unknown quantity at this point bilal is an unknown quantity at this point
Now that is a bit too much... same situation again.. wins the first set...loses the next two. Can't seem to keep her intensity for an entire match.
Mary has got to analyze the situation now... fitness,health,focus...everything.. and if things don't improve.. then she has to move on with her life... it hurts everytime she loses a match....
bilal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 09:30 AM   #3
country flag ms_nut

ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute
I agree. I keep getting disappointed by Pierce.
She must plan out a strategm for her fitness,mood swings,temperament etc.....
She had lollipop points waiting to be got and has missed it twice.
The draws are really favorable but she is missing it.
She could have even made the top 20 by now.
Oh well...U have to take the good with the bad .
Hopefully Pierce is working things out to make it back to the top10.
Oh those days when Pierce was in the top10. I really miss them
ms_nut is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 10:09 AM   #4
country flag Mark Spruce
I think I am falling in love !!

Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute
I think I it is at the stage were her brother would be a great influence.

It seems concentrations seems to go after the first set.

Yess hopefully Mary is working on things, give her some time.

Mark

My MARY PIERCE SITE !!!

Where Is Love I Have Not Found Her Yet

Mark Spruce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 12:04 PM   #5
country flag ashwu

ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of
i just don't understand...
mary must feel very disappointed now. don't give up, mary!
ashwu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 12:09 PM   #6
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute
I'm getting disappointed too. Mary really should know better and work on her fitness and drive.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 01:34 PM   #7
country flag mamno_MARYFAN

mamno_MARYFAN is a name known to all mamno_MARYFAN is a name known to all mamno_MARYFAN is a name known to all mamno_MARYFAN is a name known to all mamno_MARYFAN is a name known to all mamno_MARYFAN is a name known to all mamno_MARYFAN is a name known to all mamno_MARYFAN is a name known to all mamno_MARYFAN is a name known to all mamno_MARYFAN is a name known to all mamno_MARYFAN is a name known to all
Cool Oh dear!!!!

I'm a Mary fan.....forever....

I LOVE MARY PIERCE!!!!!

Oh dear....Mary lost again....by the way....what's the score???.....I haven't seen it yet in the news....well....I really think that what Mary needs to do is to continue playing a lot of matches to really get her groove back....she's just not ready to adapt to the new level of women's tennis nowdays YET....but....you know she's just starting playing...I think that it would be asking a little bit too much for her to have a lot of wins straight away...even Graf and Capriati took a while, several years even to finally win majors in their respective comebacks....

But you guys are right....Mary should not lose so badly to a player of the Farina-Elia calibre....Mary must really work on her regiment, strategies in her matches, and most importantly her fitness to stay longer and produce her super powerful shots in her matches.......I mean...her shots must still be there....its just a matter of adapting to today's level of tennis...and I suppose that takes some time.... so hopefully Mary continues to play all year....and gain her form back....

Whatever happens.....I shall always love Mary Pierce!!!!!

GO MARY!!!!!

Last edited by mamno_MARYFAN : Jan 28th, 2003 at 02:02 PM.
mamno_MARYFAN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 01:44 PM   #8
bilal
Moderator - Henin.org

bilal is an unknown quantity at this point bilal is an unknown quantity at this point bilal is an unknown quantity at this point bilal is an unknown quantity at this point bilal is an unknown quantity at this point bilal is an unknown quantity at this point bilal is an unknown quantity at this point bilal is an unknown quantity at this point bilal is an unknown quantity at this point bilal is an unknown quantity at this point bilal is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually Steffi took about a year to win another major...but lets not compare Mary and Steffi...
I'm really disappointed! but Not giving up on Mary....

GOO MARY!!
BEST OF LUCK IN INDIA!
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 02:23 PM   #9
country flag mamno_MARYFAN

mamno_MARYFAN is a name known to all mamno_MARYFAN is a name known to all mamno_MARYFAN is a name known to all mamno_MARYFAN is a name known to all mamno_MARYFAN is a name known to all mamno_MARYFAN is a name known to all mamno_MARYFAN is a name known to all mamno_MARYFAN is a name known to all mamno_MARYFAN is a name known to all mamno_MARYFAN is a name known to all mamno_MARYFAN is a name known to all
Thumbs up hi bilal....

Hello Bilal...

hi Bilal...emm....just wondering....are u the one who set up the Bilal's Mary Pierce site...emmm...if u did....just like u to know that I really like it...cool graphics!!!one of the best of Mary sites on the net together with Mark Spruce's...emm...maybe if u would update the multimedia section it would be cooler....really love to recap Mary back during her winning ways...

regards,

mamno

I LOVE MARY PIERCE!!!!!
mamno_MARYFAN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 09:30 PM   #10
country flag saby
Team WTAworld

saby has a brilliant future saby has a brilliant future saby has a brilliant future saby has a brilliant future saby has a brilliant future saby has a brilliant future saby has a brilliant future saby has a brilliant future saby has a brilliant future saby has a brilliant future saby has a brilliant future
If I remember Mary had the same problem earlier in her carrer, always losing when she was playing a third set.

I know she was not the same player but it took her a while to win those matches...
She didn't have experience and the shape at this time, but now she has experience but her fitness betray her.

This is very strange, I don't really understand why she didn't got her fitness back yet but I'm sure she will do everything to get it before the french.

saby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 08:28 AM   #11
PierceCheng

PierceCheng can only hope to improve PierceCheng can only hope to improve PierceCheng can only hope to improve PierceCheng can only hope to improve PierceCheng can only hope to improve PierceCheng can only hope to improve PierceCheng can only hope to improve PierceCheng can only hope to improve PierceCheng can only hope to improve
Unhappy Flea!

Flea!

Farina-Elia was lost to Tamarine Tanasugarn 6-7 (4-7), 7-5, 6-1
on second round in single.
PierceCheng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 05:53 AM   #12
bilal
Moderator - Henin.org

mamno_MARYFAN

Didn't see your message before.... Thanks for the kind words... yeah yeah I'm the same Bilal who sets up websites and never updates....been real busy.. Anyway just finished updating some sections of the website...The mutlmedia section isn't working.. I know.. I'll try to fix it... but don't hold your breath!

Mark
Added a link to your website... Man You're doing a GREAT JOB with the website! keep it up!
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 10:53 AM   #13
country flag Mark Spruce
I think I am falling in love !!

Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Bilz,

It has been a long time. I hope that you are doing OK. Thanks for the kind words on the site. I am trying my best. And soon I am going to do a links page and will of course add your site to it. Thanks so much for adding my link to your site.

My MARY PIERCE SITE !!!

Where Is Love I Have Not Found Her Yet

Mark Spruce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote