Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass - Page 55 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 4th, 2013, 04:56 AM   #811
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of
Re: Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
She was in the semis last year, true, but I fear it may be an anomaly in the same way her Wimbledon final in 2011 is starting to look a hell of a lot like one.
Well, she had great HC spring season, she proved that she is able to play well on hard these days. Plus she will have nice warm up until USO.
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 4th, 2013, 08:37 AM   #812
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
This, but even more importantly, the US Open isn't even fast anymore. It's been probably slower than the Australian Open for the last couple of years, AND as you say it has a nice high bounce which fits Maria's game well.

The biggest obstacle for her at the USO is the wind, but if she gets lucky with the conditions, she's definitely capable of contending for the title there, as she showed last year.
I still think US Open normally is a bit faster than AO (which is not saying much, since AO is painfully slow). Maria's flopjobs there over the years since 2006 are really baffling and mysterious to me, since technically she SHOULD be loving the surface and contending on it every year. Last year she finally made the semis though and probably should have beaten Vuvurenka too if she wasn't so tired, so maybe she finally got a grip at Flushing Meadows. Let's hope so
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 12:55 PM   #813
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

US slower than OZ?
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #814
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Stanford > Cincy > USO dry > USO wet (like past few years) > AO
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #815
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Maria's flops post 2006 were mainly shoulder related and wind. AA is windy as hell and Maria is never going to be anywhere else. She serves much better in the wind this season and last.

To add. It's no coincidence Maria plays better under the lights. Conditions are much calmer.
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 09:23 PM   #816
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten63 View Post
If Aga were to win Wimbledon, Maria would be the only one in the top 4 without a slam
I can finally relax

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #817
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
US slower than OZ?
Yup, it is these days imo. That's one of the main reasons why Stosur does so much better at the USO than at the AO (it's not just about the "home pressure"). Same for Errani, she never would've been able to grind her way into the semis when the USO played as quick as it did prior to 2011.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2013, 10:27 AM   #818
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Lisicki wins this now. At least she'd be a deserving slam titlist.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #819
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold
She does okay on fast hard court. It's her movement and return of serve that she needs to focus on.

Especially return of serve, get into better position and kill the shot when you can please.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #820
country flag !VamosRafa!

!VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of

I missed most of 2012 as I was trying to recover from 2011

I definitely think tennis is not for me, I am just done with it.

Been following it since 2006, but it's time to stop again.
!VamosRafa! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #821
country flag **mashafierce**

**mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all

I have to admit I was disapointed by Maria's loss but USO is coming which for me is the most exciting slam. I hope she recovers and concetrates only on winning

Steffi Graf best female tennis player ever
**mashafierce** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #822
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Grass is by far her worst surface now !

Maria is simply too tall. The ball bounce too low for her

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #823
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Grass is by far her worst surface now !

Maria is simply too tall. The ball bounce too low for her
agree

she should be focus more at the other slam and try to win them, but i know how badly she wants to win wimbly one more time

and since she improved on clay she became worse on grass, fact. i don't mind, i think in next 2-3 season she has more chance to win RG than wimbledon..

i hop that she will go deep at USopen and win stanford

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #824
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold
The weird thing is even though clay was her worst surface while she had decent grass result, she had a satisfactory performance on clay. QF 2005 4th 2006 and SF 2007 whilst she was SF in wimbledon 05 and 06 and 4th rd.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 03:29 PM   #825
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Janowicz is almost 2m and Venus is about the same height as Martha, I don't really buy the too tall excuse. She needs to go back to her flatter shots and angles that's it.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote