Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass - Page 53 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 28th, 2013, 04:01 AM   #781
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of
Re: Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
please choke on a rotten dick.

No.

pretty much.
Even serveboting part sucks when her serving pattern is so goddamn obvious, Brito knew what will come every single time.
And the complete lack of any initiative or first strike tennis in her game is quite painful. Of course most of the time it looks nice keeping ball in play for more than 3-4 shots, but its often still pretty useless. That first set against CSN in IW, I was screaming to the screen it was such a disgusting pushing from her. Okay, that was Peak Pusherpova but barely huge changes since that. Her whole season is mess seeing her tactic & groundstrokes. I dont know what Hoggy wants or where is her mind, but something lost in translation there.
Yeah, she can lose entire game even when her serve is on playing through the middle of the court...How she or Hoggy cant understand that?
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 28th, 2013, 04:18 AM   #782
country flag stegall

stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marga. View Post
Can someone fill me in? I wasn't able to catch the match. What happened? She lost? how true is it that there was a medical timeout?
There was a medical timeout late in the second set. It was a straight set loss. Maria did make slight comebacks but was never able to even it up when she had the opportunities.
stegall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 04:34 AM   #783
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
please choke on a rotten dick.

No.
how could I miss this
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 05:22 AM   #784
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

I think I've pretty much moved past the disappointment about Maria's loss. What leaves me with a little bit of sadness is that it is exactly 10 years ago that I came across the news about a talented and attractive 16 years old girl who made it to the 4th round by beating Jelena Dokic. That was the start of my "story" with Maria, and I hoped that I could somewhat celebrate these 10 years with a good run from her in this tournament.
Next year there is an even bigger 10 years Wimbledon anniversary, this one for Maria herself, and I hope that she will celebrate it with a great performance.

Last edited by Abuttons : Jun 28th, 2013 at 06:19 AM.
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 05:09 AM   #785
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Retool the groundstrokes and actually have a transition game from clay to grass.

Play Birmingham please, you can lose to Washington again no one cares, just get some matchplay on grass.

Pray for no inspired youngsters, if not pray for rain delays when you're down 1 set and a break.

Ask Evian to do something about Court 2, or never let them assign you to that court again.

Please let next year's 10 years anniversary be a good one (Side eye to Roger)
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 05:45 AM   #786
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marga. View Post
Can someone fill me in? I wasn't able to catch the match. What happened? She lost? how true is it that there was a medical timeout?
I didn't see this.
Basically they both played like they could never play before: MLDB too good and Maria too bad. The MTO wasn't anything worrying, just a little muscle strain because of the third fall on grass.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 07:58 AM   #787
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot remember a GS in the last 10 years (or more) that I have had such little interest in. This tournament has been such a downer in terms of interest.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 07:48 AM   #788
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute

First Rafito then Masha... Can't wait for Stanford.

Vartan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 09:13 AM   #789
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Laura Robson is t he only thing keeping me going in for this tournament

QUEEN OF CLAY
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 02:35 PM   #790
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Serena lost. What a performance from Sabine. Showing that the win against Maria last year was not a fluke.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 02:40 PM   #791
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
Maria has been in the greatest physical condition I have ever seen her....Serena is in great shape, too. I would not be surprised to see Serena go down.....who is the fattest, flabbiest woman still in the tournament.....that might be what it takes to win this year, somebody with more power than movement, and plenty of protective padding, should she fall.
how is bartoli doing today?
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 03:34 PM   #792
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

well, 1540pts closer to the #1 spot after wimbledon, although Serena had ~4000pts lead.
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 04:17 PM   #793
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
well, 1540pts closer to the #1 spot after wimbledon, although Serena had ~4000pts lead.
she can grab spot if she will play at american tour, she didn't play last year nothing unitl us open now she will stanford, cincy, montreal.. and point from Olympics will be deleted so she will be even closer

serena has a lot to defend till the end, maria to, but i hope that she can gram no.1 at the end of the year

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 04:24 PM   #794
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

Serena has 4880 points to defend, Maria 3345 and Vika 3775, so Maria should definitely play USO series so she can only gain

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 08:36 PM   #795
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Don't care about ranking at this point honestly. I'd be happier for her to hold a slam and be ranked #5 than to be #2 or even #1 without a slam on her ranking.

Also, next Monday, Maria will be ranked ahead of 2 reigning slam champs - Vika and the W'13 winner - doesn't feel right honestly and to me just highlights her flops at AO and W.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote