Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass - Page 42 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:07 PM   #616
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

If she's not there 100% from the first round what the hell is she entering tournaments for?
They should get back to 16 seeds at slams and make every player focus 100% since the first match, with the risk of upsets everywhere.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #617
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
If she's not there 100% from the first round what the hell is she entering tournaments for?
They should get back to 16 seeds at slams and make every player focus 100% since the first match, with the risk of upsets everywhere.
IDK but I think this year although her level of play is better she's less focused. Last year she might have lost because of mistakes or because she was out played, but this year there have been some matches where I've felt that she just "isn't there" the AO one this one and the one in Madrid against Serena. And that's very uncharacteristic for Maria because usually even if she sucks she's going to be 100% into it no matter what. And the worst part is if she wanted to do well so badly here how can she say she wasn't there. Well Maria if you want to win Wimbledon next time please make sure "you are there"

And it is kind of obvious because in all those matches I mentioned the come ons were very few. I mean just compare her attitude to the 1R match against Kiki she was come oning then like on almost every point.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #618
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympianPova View Post
Agree. The atmosphere and ground conditions played a part in her loss and the falls didn't help. Michelle said there were too much lose grass not swept away making it so dangerous. I could tell she was going to lose even before she came back from MTO. But Maria being such a fighter, showed some grit through her pain. Ok, it's over FOR NOW.
I don't know why they put her on this court but if her mind was 100% in this tournament she would have won on every court. Like Maria said, she wasn't there her head wasn't in this tournament and it's sad.
Now onto HC where her shots and serve are far more effective than on grass courts
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #619
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

I feel sorry for the members of the forum who went to Wimbledon to see Maria in person. I hope they aren't too traumatized.

And I wonder if Maria will rethink her desire to choose Centre Court at Wimbledon as THE place she'd most like to play Serena.

Not to add to the gloom and doom, but I'm not so sure this result was just a grass thing. It's possible this surface just magnified her already existing weaknesses because she hasn't exactly been lights out for awhile. I thought she was at her peak with the IW/Miami double. Her whole game was pretty solid for that period. But even though she had some good results on clay, I thought she displayed an uneven game for that season. I remember at Melbourne when she showed really great flashes of what looked like a stronger more reliable forehand and that was something that had been missing. It appeared that her ground game was something she was working on in the offseason and it was encouraging. But her forehand and even her backhand now have been erratic for the past several tournaments and that's worrisome. She just continues to make the stupid errors at the worst times and digging herself holes. Yes, she's fought through those moments a number of times this year to win matches, but these lapses are becoming way too common and the extra stress if puts on her and extra effort required to overcome those scenenarios will eventually be too much at some point. And today was one of those times, against an inferior opponent.

If she can't find consistency with her bread and butter shots, it won't matter what surface she's playing on because she won't be winning any more tournaments in 2013 being error-prone like this.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #620
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I blame the fact of having a boyfriend. Last year she broke up and then she won a slam.
No.
I blame my cat named Masha, I got her after RG and then she never won a slam.
No.
I blame myself for getting out of shape as I did from 2011 to 2012. Since last august I lost it.

FML there's nothing else I ask to the world but her winning, I don't ask to win everything but a slam here and there, but no, I can't ever have even that joy in my life _
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #621
country flag harrycum

harrycum is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeMashabator View Post
The only years she skipped Birmingham as a warm up are 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2013. She still lost to Dulko in Wimbledon 2R despite playing Birmingham in 2009 but she was in a bad form then.
Thanks. Next year i suggest Maria to play before Wimbledon a grass tournament in order to have a traning by competition.
harrycum is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #622
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future

This is such a disappointing result and I'm sure Masha is more devastated than all of her fans - There is no point in comments which try to explain her loss - Michelle Larcher De Brito was on fire - played fearless and kind of surprised Masha with her aggressive game - Shit happens and all we fans can do is to move on and hope for the best for the rest of the year - Maybe Masha can surprise us still
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #623
country flag masha122

masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
I blame the fact of having a boyfriend. Last year she broke up and then she won a slam.
No.
I blame my cat named Masha, I got her after RG and then she never won a slam.
No.
I blame myself for getting out of shape as I did from 2011 to 2012. Since last august I lost it.

FML there's nothing else I ask to the world but her winning, I don't ask to win everything but a slam here and there, but no, I can't ever have even that joy in my life _
stay strong babe

26/06/2013 the cursed wednesday in wimbledon and tennis
history

Danceney is back !!!
masha122 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #624
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
I don't know why they put her on this court but if her mind was 100% in this tournament she would have won on every court. Like Maria said, she wasn't there her head wasn't in this tournament and it's sad.
Now onto HC where her shots and serve are far more effective than on grass courts
I agree but the question is where where was her mind then? Didn't she say herself this was her priority? The thing is Maria won't win if she isn't there mentally because that's her strongest asset. It might be because of Grigor ,she definitely was more focused after the Sasha break up.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #625
country flag dameshibatvutre

dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice

yea i think she is so inlove with this guy :X
dameshibatvutre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #626
country flag Noten
^*

Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of

Oh, please don't try to make this loss about a boy. That's disrespectful to Maria, not to say dumb.

Maria lost today because she didn't came out prepared; because her grass game is not what it used to be; because her opponent was inspired. Today's result was all about Maria's own shortcomings, not about a boy.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #627
country flag PimpMePova

And I had a really good feeling prior to the tournament staritng. Really hope I don't get that feeling EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:35 PM   #628
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
I agree but the question is where where was her mind then? Didn't she say herself this was her priority? The thing is Maria won't win if she isn't there mentally because that's her strongest asset. It might be because of Grigor ,she definitely was more focused after the Sasha break up.
I won't blame this on Grigor, she reached FO final with him on her side remember?!! I'm seriously not that disturbed by Maria's loss tbh but it's really strange because I know she became bigger this year to be able to play tournaments consecutively.
All this work was supposed to pay off to perform really well on clay and then on grass but here she lost early, the problem IMO is her game who is just not what it used to be on grass.

I know she will bounce back anyway, that's what she always do.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #629
country flag PimpMePova

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
I won't blame this on Grigor, she reached FO final with him on her side remember?!! I'm seriously not that disturbed by Maria's loss tbh but it's really strange because I know she became bigger this year to be able to play tournaments consecutively.
All this work was supposed to pay off to perform really well on clay and then on grass but here she lost early, the problem IMO is her game who is just not what it used to be on grass.

I know she will bounce back anyway, that's what she always do.
I'm not saying the problem is Grigor but there have been moments this year when she hasn't been in the match mentally and that's just weird when it comes to Maria. I'd much rather she lost because the other player was too good than because her mind wasn't there.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #630
country flag **mashafierce**

**mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all

I just came home to find this result. I cant believe what I am reading. How did she lose. why?

Steffi Graf best female tennis player ever
**mashafierce** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote