Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass - Page 41 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #601
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Yeah, I understand you, it must be great to be Rena's fan....
Yeah, and fans of every player bar Serena/Vika must envy Maria fans and wish they were supporting a player with her success

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
I'm not sure tennis is for me. I'm not good at dealing with/accepting things that aren't in my control. And this isn't I just have to watch her lose and it's so frustrating. I mean what's the point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
there was a time when i only cared or watched slams sf/f and didnt give a shit about anything else, i didnt even knew yec existed.
i wish everything stayed that way -.-
i found a post from me on another board, after 2010 wimby loss from maria, it was smth like:"Maria is not like she used to be anymore " and that was it
i probably got over that loss in 5 minutes and forgot about it the day after

now i wish i never watched tennis in my life
I was like you guys a while ago. Ultimately you just have to take a step back and accept that Maria's life (or any other fave player's life) is not your life, and that her pain and disappointments are not yours.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #602
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Everybody calm ya'll asses down.
Icky80 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #603
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

I feel like my Wimbledon is over. I don't have the interest to come here for the next few days anymore. Why did you do this to me Maria? I have been waiting for this tournament for a whole year.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #604
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

This Wimby is over for me as well. No Nadal. No Shar. Thank goodness it's my least favorite major.
Icky80 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #605
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

I'm just frustrated that I'm letting this frustrate me...does that make sense?
On another note Maria's cousin is really stupid and needs to be controlled.

Dasha Sharapova ‏@dash1ng 10m
let's make this clear. no matter how good a women's tennis match is, it will still be like watching paint dry compared to men's tennis.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #606
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

i never liked Wimbledon, i am happy Maria has already this title (with beating Serena ) because i don´t see her winning it again, better focus on hard courts now

Kvitova, Jankovic, Cepelova, Hantuchova, Ivanovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #607
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Yeah, and fans of every player bar Serena/Vika must envy Maria fans and wish they were supporting a player with her success

I was like you guys a while ago. Ultimately you just have to take a step back and accept that Maria's life (or any other fave player's life) is not your life, and that her pain and disappointments are not yours.
I agree, but you will agree that depends on the life of who watches.

Basically.... my life sucks.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #608
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Honestly I think this loss would have affected me more in the past. I'm kind of over it. Yes I wish Maria would have done better and I had high expectations for her, like I always do, but it's on her, I can't do anything about it and at the end of the day whether Maria wins Wimby beating Serena or loses in the second round to what's her name how does that affect me or my life
I'm leaving for Paris tomorrow on vacation so at least I won't have to worry about missing her matches. I've decided form now on I'm going to look at tennis from a more passive point of view because there is really no point of being this invested. Yeah Maria is my favorite player and I'm still going to watch her matches and root for her no matter what, but if she loses she loses and that's it.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:51 PM   #609
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

Man, she had only lost to Vika and Serena so far this year..... Alt+Ctrl+Delete and move on, I guess, but what a disappointment......
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:52 PM   #610
country flag fanofmaria

fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice

de Brito's return was unreal. Maria wasn't able to respond to it, and she had too many mistakes. Maria got beat. Tomorrow we will she pictures of her out and about looking fabulous and be awaiting for her next tournament.

Always a fan, win or lose. FOM
fanofmaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #611
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercepova View Post
I feel like my Wimbledon is over. I don't have the interest to come here for the next few days anymore. Why did you do this to me Maria? I have been waiting for this tournament for a whole year.
+ 1

i'm speechless, i still believe that day after tomorrow she will be playing on CC

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #612
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

At least she is number 2 again jeje

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:03 PM   #613
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I want everyone I like to lose now. I want this fucking mess to be complete. It has to be a complete utter disaster with Serena crushing some 50+ ranked scrub who randomly made the final, and on the men's side same thing with Djokovic emotionlessly steamrolling someone.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #614
country flag PimpMePova

Maria is really unlucky at Wimbledon though it's not just the surface. Had she played on another court today she would have won and last year + this one as well she faced inspired opponents while not at her best. I think except the fall scares another factor was she just didn't expect her opponent to play so well, it took her by surprise and when she managed to up her level it was too late. In the first round she expected a tough opponent so she was focused from the beginning. In her PC she said "I wasn't there" that's what she said as well after the AO loss so I guess she needs to work on that.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #615
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
I knew she was gonna lose after those falls and MTO she took...she was barely moving after that. The thing that's pissing me off is that she would have routined this girl if she played on CC, which has proper bounces and legit surface. Oh well, onto the HC season then
Agree. The atmosphere and ground conditions played a part in her loss and the falls didn't help. Michelle said there were too much lose grass not swept away making it so dangerous. I could tell she was going to lose even before she came back from MTO. But Maria being such a fighter, showed some grit through her pain. Ok, it's over FOR NOW.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote