Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass - Page 39 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #571
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold
Re: Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

That girl was so annoying throughout. To me, she was like a clone of Maria. Dresses like her, grunts like her, hits like her, turns her back towards her opponent between points, c'mons like her. I couldn't watch the match for long. It was her day and not Maria's today. Simple as that. The atmosphere, and ground conditions were just minor factors to her loss. Disappointed but Maria will get over it. She already has everything.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #572
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Horrible loss to a player who won only 1 WTA match in the last year. Now it was caused partly by those dangerous falls Maria had. I hate this surface now it's a joke. I wish grass would be replaced by artificial grass or something because this slick dangerous grass needs to go.

People forget that when Maria won Wimbledon at age 17 she was only 5'11" tall and very slender. Then by her early 20's Maria grew to about 6'3' tall and alot stronger and thicker. At that great height the low balls on grass are much more of an issue than when she was a few inches shorter.

Time for a coaching change? probably not but I wish she worked with someone who could help Masha make her serve a weapon against the top players.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #573
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
She got taller Again, as many of us have been going on about for ages, her grasscourt problems predate even the shoulder surgery: even in the 2006 grasscourt season, she was a shadow of the player she was on the surface in 2004/05, because she had that growth spurt at some time between late 2005-early 2006. Generally speaking, super-tall players just do not do well on grass, in either the men's or women's game.

I really don't think this is the start of a disastrous slump, and I do expect her to get back to top 3-level tennis on hardcourts, but she just needs to accept that Wimbledon is never happening again for her. I cringed when I saw earlier this year when she said Wimbledon was her priority for this year; I really hope she didn't skimp on improving her claycourt game in training sessions this year in favour of practising a grasscourt strategy

Maria played just fine on grass in 2010 & 2011...
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 04:59 PM   #574
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
I loved how Wimbledon was her priority this year I don't think she was focused enough, maybe Grigor and the whole Serena thing was a distraction, even if that girl played better (which she did) she should have been able to win this match just with her mental advantage. And she was gifting opportunities to the opponent on so many occasions. I mean even that last game she had 2 break points and she just gifted them away with stupid mistakes.
I just hope this is some wake up call of sorts for her, like it was for Serena last year after the FO, and she manages somehow to win the USO because it would be a shame to be slamless the way she's playing. I'm just so disappointed with her. I can't believe she managed to have a worse Wimbledon than last year

I know. The miss on the 1st bp at 4-5 was just terrible.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 04:59 PM   #575
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympianPova View Post
That girl was so annoying throughout. To me, she was like a clone of Maria. Dresses like her, grunts like her, turns her back towards her opponent between points, c'mons like her. I couldn't watch the match for long. It was her day and not Maria's today. Simple as that. The atmosphere, and ground conditions were just minor factors to her loss. Disappointed but Maria will get over it. She already has everything.

That's all Bollettieri's doing tbh. An academy trademark...
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #576
country flag !VamosRafa!

!VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of

It's just a loss. Nobody died

MOVANG ON!
!VamosRafa! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:01 PM   #577
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympianPova View Post
That girl was so annoying throughout. To me, she was like a clone of Maria. Dresses like her, grunts like her, turns her back towards her opponent between points, c'mons like her. I couldn't watch the match for long. It was her day and not Maria's today. Simple as that. The atmosphere, and ground conditions were just minor factors to her loss. Disappointed but Maria will get over it. She already has everything.
She trained at Bollettieri's too so she was taught to be like Masha and be a fighter like Masha. But her extended grunts are just too long they are even worse than Masha's,
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:03 PM   #578
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
Maria played just fine on grass in 2010 & 2011...
Well, she maybe played better than this year, but it was still hardly great. Plenty of players in both years were testing her who she would routine on any other surface.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #579
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat View Post
Time for a coaching change? probably not but I wish she worked with someone who could help Masha make her serve a weapon against the top players.
Her serve IS a weapon, there's been very few big matches since the start of 2012 where her serve has let her down. It's her groundgame that she needs to improve.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #580
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

I highly doubt this will have some long term effect, at least not extending past this tournament. Maria needs more play on grass before Wimbledon and greater rest after the French. It is of course impossible to get both.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #581
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Guys, I just have no words, yeah that damn grass, yeah many ones lost because of that today, but I just didn't see her spirit today at all.....she just gave up, I am so disappointed in her now, leave this place for month...tremendous loss ever Masha please stay health and think properly of what happened today....
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #582
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Everybody is saying how Maria can't win Wimbledon and she can't beat players that she would beat on other surfaces, that it's her worst surface ect. ect. And I agree but she should be able to beat this girl her level on grass isn't THAT bad. She was just making so many mistakes and some really routine ones. Her attitude was awful, she was extremely frustrated and just gifting chances at every opportunity. she should have beaten her only by being tougher. Her mentality was uncharacteristic maybe it was because of the court and the scare she got falling so many times.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #583
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

How annoying that Larcher de Brito played GOAT for this match despite sucking bad for like three years.

Watch her bomb out next round.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #584
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Like it just hit me. She won only 1 match this tournament....1 MATCH!!!!
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #585
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

i agree with dsander. but i really want Maria to win Wimbledon againt
Now i hope:
1. Don't injury at all
2. Take a break from tennis (maybe one or two weeks)
3. Training hard to prepare for hard court season, especially her return (I think her return needs to improve)
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#108.
Three Hands Titles Montreal, Tokyo 2014,
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote