Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 02:32 PM   #226
country flag masha122

masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all
Re: Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
I do not want Maria to play Serena this Wimbledon...
yep me too

26/06/2013 the cursed wednesday in wimbledon and tennis
history

Danceney is back !!!
masha122 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 02:39 PM   #227
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

http://www.france24.com/en/20130622-...medium=twitter

She said more than that. Commented on the rape thing too.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 02:40 PM   #228
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodkapova View Post
I'm sure Maria doesn't care. It's as if you're saying 'don't stand up to the bully because he/she may/will kick your ass in the near future.' At the end of the day you just hit a ball with a racquet.

If Serena's comments were truly about Maria, she had every right to be irritated and call it out. The only thing I'm afraid of is that the original comments weren't directed at Maria—-HOWEVER, the press brought it up and said it was, so she was responding to the media.
She fell right into the journalists' trap. They took a couple of vague and cryptic quotes from Serena in the RS article and blew them up into massive proportions. All of a sudden Maria is being told left and right, "Hey, did you hear about Serena ripping you and Grigor in that article????" and it's natural that it will stir her emotions. However, there's a time and a place for responses and two days before Wimbledon isn't it. Grigor is a big boy and I'm sure his ego and feelings weren't crushed by one comment from Serena(if it was, in fact, about him), so Maria just didn't need to address the "bullying", IMO.

This whole thing is stupid. My goodness, how long have Serena and Maria been out there on tour. They should know better. Leave the petty high school sniping to the teenagers. Conduct yourselves like the mature, adult women you should be and as THE two faces of the WTA. This is not representing the tour well.

And now the media are the ones laughing at how easy this all was.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 02:52 PM   #229
country flag Pova fan

Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light

lol, Max was sitting in the press conference
Pova fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 02:54 PM   #230
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Mexicola is spot on.

Quote:
why, bc she'll stab her at changeover or what? She even goes around the net on the other side.
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 02:55 PM   #231
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Bring Serena on. I saw no lies in Maria's statements and quite frankly am sick of sitting and watching Serena open her big mouth with absolutely no penalties because nobody has the guts to do anything about it. She needs to focus on herself instead of others. For someone that wins 'everything' and has cemented a spot in history she sure seems to be a bit bothered by seemingly insignificant things. The 'cool parties' comment is just an absolute classic...I swear she has the mind of a 16yr old.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 02:59 PM   #232
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

Quote:
what?? i want her to play Serena this Wimbledon so much

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 03:03 PM   #233
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
Mexicola is spot on.

why, bc she'll stab her at changeover or what? She even goes around the net on the other side.
Some of her stans might though...
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 03:04 PM   #234
country flag masha122

masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelina View Post
what?? i want her to play Serena this Wimbledon so much
hopefuly the tennis gods won't hear you , cause if they meet there is going to be real blood this time lol

26/06/2013 the cursed wednesday in wimbledon and tennis
history

Danceney is back !!!
masha122 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 03:04 PM   #235
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It can't be worse than last year final so
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 03:06 PM   #236

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
It can't be worse than last year final so
Olympic final? Because technically it could be worse than 6-0 6-1...
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 03:08 PM   #237
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Davenport already served that though.
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 03:08 PM   #238

Yeah but I like Davenport...
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 03:10 PM   #239
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
Bring Serena on. I saw no lies in Maria's statements and quite frankly am sick of sitting and watching Serena open her big mouth with absolutely no penalties because nobody has the guts to do anything about it. She needs to focus on herself instead of others. For someone that wins 'everything' and has cemented a spot in history she sure seems to be a bit bothered by seemingly insignificant things. The 'cool parties' comment is just an absolute classic...I swear she has the mind of a 16yr old.
Spot on. I couldn't agree more

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 03:17 PM   #240
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Anybody here listens to NCR Podcast? Their next episode will be all about this probably and they were there during her PC so I'm curious to hear their description of the whole thing.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote