The Wimbledon ticket ballot - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 27th, 2003, 02:29 PM   #1
country flag bluepastures

bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light
The Wimbledon ticket ballot

I received a letter in the post this morning, saying my application for the Wimbledon ticket public ballot has been successful, and I will get 2 centre court tickets for the first day. Sent my cheque and SAE off this morning too.

The LTA advantage ballot isn't held until March, I think.

Did anyone else have their letters this morning?
bluepastures is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 27th, 2003, 02:32 PM   #2
country flag Flappie

Flappie has disabled reputation
havent received anything yet! But still a few weeks to go!

Delicious Martin
Flappie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2003, 02:39 PM   #3

bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light bluepastures is a glorious beacon of light
It'll take longer to reach you, in Holland. It really is a big ballot, so I suspect as you say, people get their letters over a couple of weeks.
Old Jan 27th, 2003, 06:50 PM   #4
JCAP

JCAP is an unknown quantity at this point JCAP is an unknown quantity at this point JCAP is an unknown quantity at this point JCAP is an unknown quantity at this point JCAP is an unknown quantity at this point JCAP is an unknown quantity at this point
Were can you buy tickets are does it have to go through this ballot thing???????????????? Im confused
Old Jan 27th, 2003, 07:57 PM   #5

No, you can also buy tickets on the day for centre court and court 1, but are very limited. In fact, to shorten queues on the middle Saturday, this year the organisers have drastically reduced the showcourt tickets available to people queueing. Grounds tickets can ONLY be bought on the day, but queues are very long, especially in the first week.
As well as the general ballot, there's also the LTA advantage ballot, for LTA advantage members, as well as ballots for various other tennis associations, such as the BWTA. Each county association also receives an allocation of tickets, as do sponsors.
Old Jan 27th, 2003, 08:11 PM   #6
JCAP

JCAP is an unknown quantity at this point JCAP is an unknown quantity at this point JCAP is an unknown quantity at this point JCAP is an unknown quantity at this point JCAP is an unknown quantity at this point JCAP is an unknown quantity at this point
But can you not buy them from a shop?? I probbly sound stupid but I've never been and I'm hopin to get them for my birthday but my mum and dad dont know were to get them!!! Can you buy them over the net?? I mean im from N.Ireland and i really dont want to fly over then queue up and not even get tickets!! How much are tickets for say........................ the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounds!!
Old Jan 27th, 2003, 08:49 PM   #7
country flag Nikki
Team WTAworld

Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold
You should be able to find info on www.wimbledon.org
Old Jan 27th, 2003, 08:50 PM   #8
country flag paul_masterton

paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute
no u can't get them from a shop.

If you don't get them from a ballot them i'm pretty sure you will have to queue i'm afraid!
paul_masterton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2003, 09:42 PM   #9
JCAP

thanks for your help
Old Jan 27th, 2003, 10:07 PM   #10
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
If you're rich enough you can always get in line to buy a debenture (but there'sa big waiting list for that too)
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2003, 10:41 PM   #11
country flag Luna_Angel_84

Luna_Angel_84 is just really nice Luna_Angel_84 is just really nice Luna_Angel_84 is just really nice Luna_Angel_84 is just really nice Luna_Angel_84 is just really nice Luna_Angel_84 is just really nice Luna_Angel_84 is just really nice Luna_Angel_84 is just really nice Luna_Angel_84 is just really nice Luna_Angel_84 is just really nice Luna_Angel_84 is just really nice
Well as long as we can bloody get them throug queueing cos I am going on the Sunday and hoping to get tix to see Jen's first match and hopefully her secon round one proiding she doesn't bomb out at the first hurdle! Bit crap if I overcome my fear of flying not to get to see her at all!
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 12:08 AM   #12

My centre court tickets cost £28 each for the Monday. If you queue on the first few days, intending to get showcourt tickets, You'll need to get there VERY early in the morning. Some people queue overnight.
I can never be bothered queueing the first week, if I haven't got tickets. Much easier to either go to the Roehampton international junior tournament (where most of the top juniors play before junior Wimbledon) or watch BBCIs multi-court coverage. If I queue, it's during the second week, and only for grounds tickets, to see the doubles and juniors.
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 05:03 PM   #13
country flag debs06

debs06 is just really nice debs06 is just really nice debs06 is just really nice debs06 is just really nice debs06 is just really nice debs06 is just really nice debs06 is just really nice debs06 is just really nice debs06 is just really nice debs06 is just really nice debs06 is just really nice
i sent u a private message k

debs06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 05:05 PM   #14
country flag Martian Martin
Team WTAworld
The Martian Llama

Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future
Still waiting, but even good to know they've started sending out letters about who actually gets tickets. I didn't get mine till about the 3rd Feb last year, so still time
Martian Martin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 06:11 PM   #15
JCAP

I wish I'd put my name in the ballot thing (whatever it is)