Obscure Swedish ATP tennis players now and then (courtesy of atptennis.com) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 27th, 2003, 08:28 AM   #1
the_ancyent_m

the_ancyent_m is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Obscure Swedish ATP tennis players now and then (courtesy of atptennis.com)

Here is a list of some quite obscure and not-known-of atp tennis pros, starting with the least known:

Björn Borg

Singles Record: 477 - 97
Singles Titles: 47
Double Titles: 1
Prize Money: $3,655,751

Mats Wilander

Singles Record: 571 - 222
Singles Titles: 33
Double Titles: 6
Prize Money: $7,976,256

Stefan Edberg

Singles Record: 806 - 270
Singles Titles: 42
Double Titles: 18
Prize Money: $20,630,941

Magnus Larsson

Singles Record: 309 - 220
Singles Titles: 7
Double Titles: 6
Prize Money: $5,826,965

Magnus Gustafsson

Singles Record: 415 - 260
Singles Titles: 14
Double Titles: 1
Prize Money: $4,545,489

Anders Järryd

Singles Record: 396 - 260
Singles Titles: 8
Double Titles: 56
Prize Money: $5,374,736

Joakim Nyström

Singles Record: 265 - 142
Singles Titles: 13
Double Titles: 7
Prize Money: $2,074,947

Magnus Norman

Singles Record: 234 - 158
Singles Titles: 12
Double Titles: 0
Prize Money: $4,381,587

Thomas Johansson

Singles Record: 227 - 185
Singles Titles: 7
Double Titles: 0
Prize Money: $4,384,844

. . . but then again, who the f**k is Jonas?

the_ancyent_m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 27th, 2003, 08:39 AM   #2
country flag Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute
What was the point in this?

Once again - anybody who is a fan of the game of tennis, can appreciate that Jonas is/was a very good player.

He didnt' win slams, but he was always a tough player that people wouldn't want to draw early. He won a few titles, caused a few upsets, had a few good slan showings.

The only people unwilling to note what he has done, and to brush him off as a "never has been" really doesn't know shit.

If this list was required as some sort of "proof" that he's done "nothing", then it is clear as day who loves the game and who just loves the players
Crazy Canuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2003, 08:41 AM   #3

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute
Jonas Bjorkman

Singles Record: 304 - 239
Singles Titles: 5
Double Titles: 29
Prize Money: $9,114,985
Old Jan 27th, 2003, 08:46 AM   #4

If this was an article, could somebody provide a link to it? I can't find it on the main site.

I would like to LOL @ them including Larsson and not Bjorkman
Old Jan 27th, 2003, 11:36 AM   #5
country flag Iorhael

Iorhael has much to be proud of Iorhael has much to be proud of Iorhael has much to be proud of Iorhael has much to be proud of Iorhael has much to be proud of Iorhael has much to be proud of Iorhael has much to be proud of Iorhael has much to be proud of Iorhael has much to be proud of Iorhael has much to be proud of Iorhael has much to be proud of
Well I think Borg won 62 tournaments not 47.
Iorhael is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2003, 12:22 PM   #6
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute
I think this was a joke, referring to the fact that some posters here don't even know Björn Borg, or refer to him as Björk.
GoDominique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2003, 01:40 PM   #7

"whoosh!"

*looks over her shoulder wondering where the joke went*

Old Jan 27th, 2003, 05:21 PM   #8
Ma. Estefania

Ma. Estefania is a glorious beacon of light Ma. Estefania is a glorious beacon of light Ma. Estefania is a glorious beacon of light Ma. Estefania is a glorious beacon of light Ma. Estefania is a glorious beacon of light Ma. Estefania is a glorious beacon of light Ma. Estefania is a glorious beacon of light Ma. Estefania is a glorious beacon of light Ma. Estefania is a glorious beacon of light Ma. Estefania is a glorious beacon of light Ma. Estefania is a glorious beacon of light
Totally agree Rebecca!
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 11:06 AM   #9
the_ancyent_m

the_ancyent_m is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Sorry, but I already knew that some of you posters were a bit daft (Oooops, was this a joke; I´m just pulling your leg or what ...? )
the_ancyent_m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote