Had Venus lost her mental edge against Serena? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 08:06 PM   #1
country flag Jakeev

Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute
Had Venus lost her mental edge against Serena?

I finally got to watch the Aussie final on tape and I am beginning to wonder, has Venus lost her mental edge against Serena?

I bet if Venus had one wish, she could replay the last four points of that match. I mean the title was literally in Venus' grasp.

I really enjoyed watching this match. It had the intensity I kept waiting to see. But unless Venus totally dominates a point, she does not seem to know how to get out of trouble against Serena when she is defending a point.

Venus should not feel bad though because most players cannot dominate Serena on a consistent basis.

I think if Venus is going to start winning some of these matches, she needs to be aggresive at every chance she can be. SHe had moments in this final, but it still wasn't enough.
Jakeev is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 08:18 PM   #2
Serendy Willick

Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of
I think Venus is gaining that menal edge back. Shes gonna win some of these matches between her and Serena eventually.
Serendy Willick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 08:41 PM   #3
tennisfan1972

tennisfan1972 is a name known to all tennisfan1972 is a name known to all tennisfan1972 is a name known to all tennisfan1972 is a name known to all tennisfan1972 is a name known to all tennisfan1972 is a name known to all tennisfan1972 is a name known to all tennisfan1972 is a name known to all tennisfan1972 is a name known to all tennisfan1972 is a name known to all tennisfan1972 is a name known to all
I dont think Venus has losther mental edge against anyone on the tour, including serena. I just think that Venus accepts a loss better. She knows what she has to do to beat serena. after watching this tape im sure serena will lose in straight sets the nexttime they play. Venus still has the ability to overpower serena with her backhand and serve. Venus knows that she can now take the net away from serena. Serena likes to bang from the baseline. Venus knows how to win points from the net. When her gaem completely encompasses this new strategy she will be unbeatable. venus knows this, Serena knows this. its just a matter of time. Then serena will have to come up with something special to win matches. But from this match, serena knows her azz was lucky and that she could lose the next time. the important thing with serena is for her to know that a player can take her down, then she reacts like she did in her clijsters match. all jumpy and nervous.
tennisfan1972 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote