Poor ESPN - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 03:22 AM   #1
country flag Spirit
Women's locker room towel-guy

Spirit has much to be proud of Spirit has much to be proud of Spirit has much to be proud of Spirit has much to be proud of Spirit has much to be proud of Spirit has much to be proud of Spirit has much to be proud of Spirit has much to be proud of Spirit has much to be proud of Spirit has much to be proud of Spirit has much to be proud of
Poor ESPN

They're probably at least grateful that there's an American in the Oz final so they have something for their audience. Rainer is making the odd sensational shot, but at times Andre is dominating so much that the commentators are talking about the Williams sisters, Ivan Lendl, and any funny anecdote they can remember.
Spirit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 03:25 AM   #2
country flag CJ07

CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute
hmm well I'd like to see some non-American tennis for once

(i love my country but come on)
CJ07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 03:27 AM   #3
country flag Rocketta
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute
hmm are they classifying this match as Great? Will they show every minute of the award show unlike the William's side?
Rocketta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 03:28 AM   #4
country flag CC

CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute
Is this going to be shorter than the women's final?
CC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 03:30 AM   #5
country flag tennischick

tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all
lol@ Spirit. true dat!! the commentators have to come up with all kinds of things to talk about bec this is a non-match. poor Rainer. i'm happy that Agassi is winning but the Escude match would have made for a better final.
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 03:37 AM   #6
country flag Rocketta

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by CC
Is this going to be shorter than the women's final?
It was WAY shorter!

and just like I knew they didn't break away from Andre's award ceremony for Sportscenter. What no breaking news in sports that require to break away from the tournament??? Just another small sign that they have little respect for the women over at ESPN.
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 03:46 AM   #7
country flag tennischick

tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all
it's not a question of respect folks but of TIME. they have LOTS of TIME on their hands bec the match ended so quickly. they have enuf time to fly in Rainer's and Agassi's parents and interview them too! the Women's final going to three long sets basically used up all the time allotted for that match. that's all. it's not a question of respect but of time.
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 03:48 AM   #8
country flag CC

CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute
I am under the impression Steffi tells him not to mention her in his victory speeches. I can't recall him ever doing it, and just now he joked around it.
CC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 03:49 AM   #9
country flag Rocketta

Quote:
Originally posted by tennischick
it's not a question of respect folks but of TIME. they have LOTS of TIME on their hands bec the match ended so quickly. they have enuf time to fly in Rainer's and Agassi's parents and interview them too! the Women's final going to three long sets basically used up all the time allotted for that match. that's all. it's not a question of respect but of time.
Not true. ESPN plays sportscenter every hour on the hour. They had no live entertainment that required their attention. Also, they play Sportscenter from 7:00am to 1:00pm. They could spare 15 more minutes before showing the Michael Jordan hilight that they went on to show 10 times again right after the speeches. I know because I left the channel on ESPN and within the next two hours they showed sportscenter twice. So there was no "other" program that they wanted to show. Just a lack of respect for the women and for their fans.

***edit***

Also, if they can stay with a match hours after it was suppose to be over they can hang on for 15 more minutes for the award ceremony.
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 03:53 AM   #10
country flag tennischick

no comment on what happened after the women's match (altho' i still hold to my opinion.). tonite, after the MEN's non-match, ESPN has to scramble to find something to fill that slot. that's why Chris Fowler and Jim Courier engaged in prolonged non-chat IMO. and that's why we're now seeing V & S AGAIN. they have lotsa TIME left. they didn't after the women's match IMO.

and maybe they think that Sportscenter attracts a larger audience than women's tennis??
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 03:53 AM   #11
country flag Hurley
Enemy of Art

Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute
Well, now they're filling the extra time by showing the end of the women's final.
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 03:55 AM   #12
kournikovafan13

kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice
I would have preferred to see Martina and Paes win the mixed, but oh well

I can't be near you
The light just radiates...

-"Malibu" by Hole
kournikovafan13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 03:57 AM   #13
country flag Rocketta

Quote:
Originally posted by kournikovafan13
I would have preferred to see Martina and Paes win the mixed, but oh well
Well they have the time blocked off til 1 so maybe they will show some of it. I agree they should show a match that they haven't shown but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't tape it.
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 05:11 AM   #14
Leena

Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point
ESPN did the same thing when Korda destroyed Rios in '98 and they had time to kill... stop overanalyzing things...
Leena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 05:24 AM   #15
country flag Greenout

Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute
I watched it earlier today. It was a blow-out IMHO.
Rainer couldn't even drop shot agassi properly.

Poor Kylie Minogue. She had to sit thru this crappy
match. Probably thought they were still tuning up
before someone told her "err..love...that WAS THE
MATCH". lol.

Can't get this BORING match outta my head.....

By far the worst men's final ever televised on tv in
the past 7 years!!!

"I hung onto tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years.
It is something that is in me, it is me." - JH
Greenout is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote