can we petition for this to be considered a Grand Slam?? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 12:25 AM   #1
country flag tennischick

tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all
Question can we petition for this to be considered a Grand Slam??

OK i know the rules. a Grand Slam occurs when the player wins all the tournies in one calendar year.

so Agassi, for example, who has won all four Slams, is not considered with the same regard as his wife who won all 4 majors in the same year.

amazing!

however, technically, Serena also won the 4 of her titles [/]in sequence. [/i] i know that the year officially starts in January but why does it HAVE to? why aren't 4 sequential Slams not considered a Grand Slam??

and whom can we petition for a considered revision of the rules?

rules have been changed in the past when historic developments occured. why not again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 12:30 AM   #2
country flag Mikey
Team WTAworld

Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of
where have you been? go to the steffi vs. serena slam thread
Lindsay Davenport - Anna Smashnova - Lisa Raymond - Sandrine Testud - Paola Suarez - Amelie Mauresmo - Virginia Ruano-Pascual - Nadia Petrova - Chanda Rubin - Cara Black - Tathiana Garbin - Anne Kremer - Monica Seles - Fabiola Zuluaga - Maria Sanchez-Lorenzo - Amanda Coetzer - Rita Grande - Meghann Shaughnessy - Magui Serna - Nathalie Dechy - Kim Clijsters - Elena Tatarkova - Maria Sharapova - Alicia Molik - Julia Vakulenko - Elena Likhovtseva - Anastasia Myskina - Emilie Loit
Mikey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 12:32 AM   #3
disposablehero

disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future
Nope, can't petition. Some people already think it is a Grand Slam, and some think it isn't. Few of either will ever change their mind.
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 12:35 AM   #4
country flag tennischick

tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all
why can't we petition the WTA or the ITF or whichever body changed the rules in the past?

sorry i didn't realise that this was already being discussed. from the title i assumed that it was an argument over which one was the REAL Grand Slam. i don't wanna waste time on that. i want to know if we tennis fans all over the world can get the rules changed. why can't we? it's been done before.

*will go check the other thread and decide if to delete mine*
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 12:45 AM   #5
VS Fan

VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold
Hi Tennischick!

I agree with you, the ONLY real difference is Chase points.
I stated this in the other thread.

But it might be easier to get the powers that be to change the beginning of the year to February 1.

The AO used to be played in December, right? So the new year must be in February now!!
VS Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 12:45 AM   #6
country flag "Topaz"

"Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute
The irony is suppose we do petition and they do change the rule, they might not make it retroactive.

"Playing aggressive tennis ... that's always the way to go, if you ask me." - Venus Williams, May/2002
"Some shots I will hit hard but not every ball. I'm not just using my power." - Serena Williams, Oct/2002
"Topaz" is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 12:49 AM   #7
country flag tennischick

hey they were just thinking of changing the AO from January to May! OK so the change wasn't effected but it was being considered! changes happen all the time. and since this one will be as a result of Serena's accomplishment, it will have to benefit her.

listen to me. you'd swear i got the damn change already! lol!

checked the other thread. i didn't even take part in the poll. it's just pointless and divisive. both Steffi and Serena did great and i luv 'em both. but that's not the point of this thread. this is about changing the rules. where there's a will i say...
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 12:50 AM   #8
country flag Car Key Boi

Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all
tennischick, yuo know i like yuo and all, but do yuo honestly think the WTA or whoever, are going to change the rules because they receive 10,000 or whatever e-mails from us wtaworldtards??
Car Key Boi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 12:55 AM   #9
country flag tennischick

yes!!!

next question??

hey i looked at the latest Probe and you were not there. so the guy told me he will bring me his last week's copy from home. can i get it autographed?
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 12:59 AM   #10
VS Fan

VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold
Danm, If they change AO to MAay, there will be THREE slams back to back to back, and probably no four slam title holders.

It has been stated that it is VERY hard to win the French and Winbledon since they are only two weeks apart. Imagine playing AO May 1-14, then RG May 21-June 7, then Wimby June 23-July 7.
Then only six weeks to prepare for the US Open!!!??

Serena will become the LAST of the players to hold all four.
VS Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 01:00 AM   #11
country flag Car Key Boi

Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all
lol, sorry the Car Key Boi doesn't do autographs

i have to be very careful about my Bruce Wayne like identity

i was even wearing gloves when i sent that letter to The Probe so there wouldn't be any finger prints
Car Key Boi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 01:01 AM   #12
country flag tennischick

so how are you going to sign my petition then???
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 01:06 AM   #14
country flag tennischick

yuo tool!!!
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 01:10 AM   #15
country flag Jeff

Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute
You know...how about Serena defends the remaining slams this year and then see what that's called? A Double slam?

Jeff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote