Who will be the first person to defeat Serena this year?? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 07:50 PM   #1
CHOCO

CHOCO is an unknown quantity at this point CHOCO is an unknown quantity at this point CHOCO is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Who will be the first person to defeat Serena this year??

As many of you know, Serena has stated her goal of going underfeated this year. That's a fantastic goal and could be attainable by Serena. However I doubt she will win every match because it's too draining mentally and physically.

So I think the first person to defeat her this year will be Kim and not Venus. Because Serena and Serena won't play in the same tourney again until Miami, otherwise I would pick Venus. I think Kim will overcome her nerves like Serena did and defeat her the next time they play.

Because you just know the first person to defeat Serena this year might get enough confidence to go on and win a GS tourney.

However, I would like for Serena to challenge Navratilova's fantastic record of 1983-84.
CHOCO is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 07:57 PM   #2
QUEENLINDSAY

QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future
kIM , LINDSAY OR JEN ON HARDCOURT
JUSTINE CHEATER ON CLAY

Monica,Kim,Jelena
QUEENLINDSAY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2003, 07:59 PM   #3
country flag Josh
Team WTAworld
Administrator
aka Nibbler

Josh has disabled reputation
Well it's gonna be tough to beat her, I truly believe she can go unbeaten this year .

But I think the first person to beat her this year will be Venus in Miami. She came close this time and I think she will do it in their next meeting.
Old Jan 25th, 2003, 07:59 PM   #4
country flag Bigkimfan

Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about
Kim!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bigkimfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2003, 08:02 PM   #5
country flag MLF

MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute
It's hard to know. Depends on how focussed and motivated she stays. Clay will be Serena's biggest test even though she was the #1 clay court performer last season. I still think Capriati has the best chance if she gets it together. She has the athleticism and fire to mix it with an on form Serena.
MLF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2003, 08:04 PM   #6
selesrules

selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Monica Seles. Look at their last 2 meetings
selesrules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2003, 08:06 PM   #7
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute
Well IMO noone can beat her mental game at the moment. Lindsay, Kim, and even big sis have failed.

However, I do think that she can be beaten by players who mix it up. But they have to be on their game, otherwise Rena will win regardless. Rena is a tough challenge, but I think at some point she will lose a match. To go undefeated is a tall order, but remember last year when she said she wanted to be #1 and win slams and we all thought she was talking out the side of her mouth.

But hey she shut everyone up around here real quick. I wouldn't be suprised if she wen't undefeated, but I wouldn't be suprised if she lost a couple either.
harloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2003, 08:18 PM   #8
country flag Mr. Man

Mr. Man has disabled reputation
In order for Serena to be defeated, The opponent has to be kickin' ass or Serena not playin' so well.

Venus & Serena: "You are my everything."

- Official Duke of the Royal Court -
Mr. Man is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2003, 08:21 PM   #9
country flag HAIL-VENUS

HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of
I think that it is almost impossible to go undefeated for a full tennis season. Therefore, I think that the first player to beat Serena will probably be Kim or Jen. She seems to have her toughest matches against them. Or, it may be an unknown player who moves the ball around a lot, changes things up a bit, and takes the speed off the ball making Serena create her own pace. It's gonna be hard for the rest of the tour against her, but I don't think she'll go unbeaten this year.
Old Jan 25th, 2003, 08:27 PM   #10
england_rules

How about Anne Keothavong or Elena Baltacha? duh! LOL!
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2003, 08:27 PM   #11
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute
Jelena Dokic

Havok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2003, 08:28 PM   #12
VS Fan

VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold
I think she will lose a few matches this year, but probably the FIRST one will be a player like Callen, Loit, or Syneider or some unknown player whe sneeks up on her and plays a lot of off-speed balls. Serena has trouble with this style when she plays such a player the first time, but they rarely get an encore!
VS Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2003, 08:50 PM   #13
country flag Flappie

Flappie has disabled reputation
I'm still thinking Kim..as long as she plays as she does now

Delicious Martin
Flappie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2003, 08:51 PM   #14
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Odd as it may sound
Most likely or not it will be herself.
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2003, 08:59 PM   #15
bobcat

bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all
It'll probably be someone unexpected, and most likely on clay.
bobcat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote