Open your umbrellas! Grass season has started! - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 7th, 2013, 08:51 PM   #91
country flag Gary101

Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all
Re: Open your umbrellas! Grass season has started!

I didn't get to watch the match thanks to work but was watching the scores. When Aga went up 3-0 in the third I let out a sign of relief. I knew Marion had gone through and was well aware of their head to head. I was excited for Saturday to roll around. So I continued on with boring work. Later on I put on the results page and my mouth dropped when I noticed Sabine had won.

I don't think we should be too hard on Aga as she is clearly pretty pissed off with herself over this loss. For her this is probably the worst loss of her career. Even more so then Wimbledon Final last year given she was against Serena.

She needs to just keep working away. It is true opportunities like that arise very rarely but when she is in the correct mind frame and is physically fit she can benefit from them. Clearly from her slam results this year she is taking the slams more serious. She wants ones more than ever.

Credit to Sabine of course who played the tournament of her life. Her path to the final compared to Marion was extraordinary.
Gary101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 9th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #92
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

4-6 6-2 7-9. Heartbreaking loss in SF !

This was such a huge chance to win a Grand Slam. And I`m sure Aga would have beaten Bartoli in Wimbledon final, Head To Head is 7-0 and she knows how to play Bartoli. Not sure if she ever gets such a big chance again. Aga would not have frozen like Lisicki. Very frustrating loss. And Aga was leading 3-0 in 3rd set, and 2 points away from final. The serve made the difference in 3rd set. Simply too weak from Aga. This is the most painful loss in her career so far, and Aga will always think back to this match if she never wins Wimbledon (or a Grand Slam).

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #93
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
4-6 6-2 7-9. Heartbreaking loss in SF !

This was such a huge chance to win a Grand Slam. And I`m sure Aga would have beaten Bartoli in Wimbledon final, Head To Head is 7-0 and she knows how to play Bartoli. Not sure if she ever gets such a big chance again. Aga would not have frozen like Lisicki. Very frustrating loss. And Aga was leading 3-0 in 3rd set, and 2 points away from final. The serve made the difference in 3rd set. Simply too weak from Aga. This is the most painful loss in her career so far, and Aga will always think back to this match if she never wins Wimbledon (or a Grand Slam).
I just guess it will make her more motivated to finally reach QF of US Open.
Caipirinha Guy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote