2014 Kick Off Weekend - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 06:55 PM   #1
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all
2014 Kick Off Weekend

http://www.itatennis.info/2014_Kick-...mens_Draft.htm

Draft for the 2014 ITA Division I Women's Kick-Off Weekend (June 6, 2013)

Starting a new thread dated 2014

Other posters,
3gtennis, slickshoes510 and tucker1989
have some shorts posts about the 2014 weekend in the 2013 thread by the same name.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 4th, 2013, 04:42 AM   #2
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Kick Off Weekend

Maybe UVA is going to visit Taube during the Team Championship.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 05:09 AM   #3
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Maybe UVA is going to visit Taube during the Team Championship.
Doesn't the host get an automatic?
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 05:09 AM   #4
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
Doesn't the host get an automatic?
Oh

Anyway glad that UF and UNC are playing.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #5
country flag 3gtennis

3gtennis is an unknown quantity at this point

Several years ago--- Friend: We went to watch John's daughter play at the National Indoor Team Tournament. Only problem was the host was allowed to host with no indoor courts. It rained. Me; Indoor host with no indoors, we are going to the indoors to play outdoors. Isn't this an oxymoron? Noticed this year even some sites with new six court indoor sites list primary sites are their outdoor courts. QUESTION--where do the first 15 selectors choose to go this year?
3gtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #6
country flag Ianto_Jones

Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future

Why doesn't Stanford do indoors? Too good for them?
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #7
country flag 2nd_serve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto_Jones View Post
Why doesn't Stanford do indoors? Too good for them?
Sounds like a loaded question. I don't know, but I've heard the Cardinal was better with Indoors when the calendar was in March. Its probably multiple reasons, with one being something has to give when the choices are winning team at end of season, tough academics, and winning at the beginning of the season.
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #8
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Here's an article on zootennis when it was rumored that UNC would not be participating next year. The article sheds some light on reasons why teams would skip indoors and solutions. I guess UNC and Florida will be participating next year now, according to the draw.

http://tenniskalamazoo.blogspot.com/...louded-by.html
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #9
country flag 3gtennis

go get Nebraska!
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #10
country flag 3gtennis

Nebraska and Texas will both have an NCAA Tourney like atmosphere. Those two and Northwestern will be great tennis fan events.
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #11
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Maybe the ITA should just give teams like UF a bye to indoors if none of the first 30 teams to select want to play there
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #12

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Why do they allow conference teams to compete against each other? Utah at USC and Washington at Cal.

I like the teams at the Nebraska and Northwestern sites.
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
Maybe the ITA should just give teams like UF a bye to indoors if none of the first 30 teams to select want to play there
Is it the weather? Miami got picked last as well.
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 08:12 AM   #14
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

USC's opponent

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jun 7th, 2013, 03:07 AM   #15
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

My two cents...I am getting bored of the schedule format with teams playing mostly conference games. You take the #1 team for example. Skip indoors, maybe a tough match against Florida and one tough weekend against USC/UCLA, USC/Cal, or Cal/UCLA...year after year after year. Only 2 serious weekends of play before NCAA's. How does that prepare college players for the pro's.

Why not have the top 8 teams play a mini-playoff format and cut to the chase?

I would like to see Stanford travel to the East coast and play Duke, North Carolina, and Florida.

Next month play Texas A&M, Georgia, and University of Miami.

Forget the rankings and padding of points against non-contenders ranked #40 and above

Let the coaches decide the rankings and not some computer or committee that comes up with these formulas.

Gibbsy, Mal, and Maria Sanchez may be the exception turning pro and all. Otherwise, I think college tennis with its existing format is doomed.
tie_breaker is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote