As a Williams fan... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:20 PM   #1
Devon

Devon can only hope to improve Devon can only hope to improve Devon can only hope to improve Devon can only hope to improve Devon can only hope to improve Devon can only hope to improve Devon can only hope to improve Devon can only hope to improve Devon can only hope to improve Devon can only hope to improve Devon can only hope to improve
As a Williams fan...

I have to take my hat off and congratulate Kim for her spectacular game last night. Yes, I am a die-hard Williams fan, Venus being my favorite, but I openly admit that Kim was the better player last night, and she deserved the win. Serena was a bigger fighter and that's the reason why she got through, but her game was HORRIBLE and was totally frustrated with herself since the beginning of the match.

Serena made about 1500 errors, while Kim kept striking the ball beautifully and dictating point after point and keeping Serena on her heels. Is it just me that thinks that Kim has the best forehand shots? She moved incredibly well and stayed very aggressive until the middle of the third set. Why she lost the match, I'm not quite sure yet, but she went down as a winner to me last night.

Her post-match interview showed that she is a class act by showing no harsh feelings towards Serena and crediting her effort to come back and win. Of course, Serena deserves a lot of credit too for what she did at the end, I mean, truth be known ok? She broke a charged up Kim three times on a row, regained composure and won. We have to applaude to that.

I will always be a Venus Williams fan, but after last night Kim has a new fan. She is going to get my vote from now on. I know she will eventually have some wins over the Williams probably this year, and because she is such a gracious person, I will be very happy for her every time,

Well done Kim, well done Serena.

Good luck Venus, go and beat Serena.
Devon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:25 PM   #2
Lynx

Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future
Great post Devon - as a die-hard Kim fan I thank you, and congratulations again for Serena's win.
Did you read Serena's interview? She said they were actually chatting afterwards... it's incredible. I thought her interview very classy too.

Great girls, both !
Lynx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:30 PM   #3
Devon

Devon can only hope to improve Devon can only hope to improve Devon can only hope to improve Devon can only hope to improve Devon can only hope to improve Devon can only hope to improve Devon can only hope to improve Devon can only hope to improve Devon can only hope to improve Devon can only hope to improve Devon can only hope to improve
I did, I did, I read the transcrips and this is kind of what you want to hear you know, that even after a match like that they can still get along with no hursh feelings. If all the players were like this, I think tennis would be more enjoyable for everybody, but oh well....
Devon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:36 PM   #4
WtaTour4Ever
Team WTAworld

WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light
Yea Kim is making it really hard on me to be a Williams fan, It was so much easier to root against Capriati. :-) LOL

I have always been a fan of Kim except when she plays Williams, but I really feel bad that she lost yesterday, then she comes in the interview and says such great things all around. And I like the comment that they were in the locker room talking about the media. But seriously she handles defeat quite well, unlike some other players, even Serena had to give her that.

I can def see why she is the media Darling in her hometown.
WtaTour4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:49 PM   #5
victory1

victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of
That's funny, my sister and I decided last night, if Venus not able to win the French Open, we hope Kim will win it. This is a first for us, wanting someone else to win a slam beside the sisters.

"Prejudice is a labor saving device-it enables you to form an opinion without having to dig up the facts"
"Just because we are equal, Does not mean we are the same"
victory1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote