anyone have some electrical tape and a dirty sock? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:54 AM   #1
country flag Poe
Webmaster

Poe is a splendid one to behold Poe is a splendid one to behold Poe is a splendid one to behold Poe is a splendid one to behold Poe is a splendid one to behold Poe is a splendid one to behold Poe is a splendid one to behold Poe is a splendid one to behold Poe is a splendid one to behold Poe is a splendid one to behold Poe is a splendid one to behold
anyone have some electrical tape and a dirty sock?

who the hell was that guy commentating with mary and pam Apparently there has to be a brain dead male during every women's match to state the obvious... having two experienced, female veterans isn't enough.... gotta add the third, manly wheel

he would just state the obvious and then there'd be dead air.. i could just hear mary thinking "thanks for adding that brilliant bit of commentating"

there isn't always a woman during the men's matches.. in fact there rarely is except when mary is there..... but i have yet to watch a single women's match without at least one male commentator, and sometimes they don't even know what the hell they're talking about
Poe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:56 AM   #2
country flag Poe
Webmaster

Poe is a splendid one to behold Poe is a splendid one to behold Poe is a splendid one to behold Poe is a splendid one to behold Poe is a splendid one to behold Poe is a splendid one to behold Poe is a splendid one to behold Poe is a splendid one to behold Poe is a splendid one to behold Poe is a splendid one to behold Poe is a splendid one to behold
btw when mary said "it's hard to watch serena play this pinched and constipated" i spit my coke out
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:56 AM   #3
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
LOL you're right, we get those here sometimes too
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:58 AM   #4
country flag Hurley
Enemy of Art

Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute
It's not often that you hear the word "constipated" during tennis commentary

Mary
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:04 AM   #5
country flag Brian Stewart
Plainclothes Division

Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute
However, it is often that we think the announcers are constipated.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chandarubin
Brian Stewart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:05 AM   #6
country flag HAIL-VENUS

HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of
After Mary's comment, I thought that it was particularly pathetic when the guy tried to come back with his own little "constipated" joke. Obviously, he got no replies from Mary or Pam, only that same dead air that usually follows one of his statements. And boy wasn't he whistling his ass off tonight? I'm really fed up with him. I'd rather see Mary, Pam and Mary Jo commentating during the women's matches.
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:06 AM   #7
country flag Poe
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Stewart
However, it is often that we think the announcers are constipated.
maybe instead of gagging him we could send him some metamucil
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:09 AM   #8
country flag anton

anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light
i think they normally have one person to just call the games score with anice voice just to do the play by play. mary and pam talk more tennis in detail.
anton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:36 AM   #9
country flag treufreund

treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute
Who was it?
treufreund is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:41 AM   #10
country flag Hurley
Enemy of Art

Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute
Chris Fowler. He does general ESPN stuff. It's like when TNT has that b-ball announcer doing Wimbledon interstitials. Useless.
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:26 PM   #11
Sonja
Momomental

Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute
*hands poe the requested tape and a dirty sock (stolen from Roddick after that five set match)*

We're counting on you Poe; don't let us down!
Amélie Mauresmo, 2009 GDF Suez, 2007 Proximus Diamond Games, 2006 World No. 1 ,Wimbledon Champion, Proximus Diamond Games, Gaz, Australian Open, 2005 YEC, Advanta Chamionships, Italian Open, Proximus Diamond Games, 2004 World No. 1, Advanta Championships, Generali Linz, Rogers Cup, Italian Open, German Open, 2003 J&S Cup, Advanta Championships, 2002 Rogers AT&T Cup, Dubai Open, 2001 Gaz, Nice, Amelia Island, and Eurocard Ladies German Open, 2000 Adidas International, and 1999 Bratislava Champion

There's a fine line between love and hate; that line is called family!

No one does things exactly the way I want them to. No one ever has. It’s a problem they have!

AZARENKA!
Sonja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:52 PM   #12
country flag tennischick

tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all
now how can we get this entire thread forwarded to ESPN??

Hail-Venus you're right. his addendum to Mary's constipated comment was so horrible. i'm glad they just ignored his ass. if it's bad for us, imagine how Mary and Pam must feel having to interact with this idiot day in day out.
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:08 PM   #13
country flag anton

anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light
so whats the tape and the sock for?
anton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:15 PM   #14
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute
For my $, "Martina I" is the ONLY really good commentator @ WTA events. Hopefully she'll go full time now that the on-court "encore" seems 2B wrapping up. Mary C. and Mary Joe have some potential; Pam and ESPECIALLY Chrissie flat out suck, IMO.
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:23 PM   #15
Cybelle Darkholme

Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future
That guy is very very very awful. Bring back cliff please!
The WTA Women of Wonder Featuring....The Goddess: Venus Williams The Glamazon: Serena Williams The Lioness: Jennifer Capriati The High Priestess: Monica Seles The Saint: Kim Clijsters The Phoenix: Chanda Rubin The Bon Vivant: Amelie Mauresmo The Titan: Lindsay Davenport The Courtesan: Anna Kournikova The Exile: Martina Hingis The Sorceress: Anatasia Myskina The Minx: Maria Sharapova
Cybelle Darkholme is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote