Sapere Aude - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 28th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #1
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Sapere Aude

OMG the local library has the new Canterbury Classics edition

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 29th, 2013, 06:03 AM   #2
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sapere Aude

Ernest "You ever hunted?"

Gil "Only for a bargain"

Watching "Midnight in Paris" again to check out which part Lea Seydoux performed, and this movie is really such a delight.

Who wouldn't like McAdams, Hiddleston, Cotillard and Sheen? And Wilson is a perfect substitute for Allen

Thank you Woody!

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : May 29th, 2013 at 06:15 AM.
Old May 29th, 2013, 06:07 AM   #3
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Read Doris Lessing's fine introduction of 'Lady Chatterley's Lover'

That novel was a perfect anti war film, which says that England can be redeemed by 'tender fucking'

Lawrence is said to be a genius, really should try to read and finish this novel.

Did anybody know that his eventual wife Frieda was a sex maniac and seduced him within a few minutes of their first meeting And this was while she was married, methink

I now rather like these clothbound recent Penguin Classics Hardcover editions.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 30th, 2013, 12:16 AM   #4
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Clark 187

Frederick the Great was pretty relaxed on sexual matters.

Voltaire tells us about an unusual verdict of his against a sex offender, who had an intercourse with a she-donkey.
He was sentenced to death, but Frederick annulled it and said;

"In my lands one enjoyed freedom of both conscience and penis."

Frederick's guests included French authors who wrote 'l'Art de jouir' and 'l'Art de foutre'

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 30th, 2013, 02:39 AM   #5
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Cambridge Introduction to Milton

John Milton wrote pamphlets endorsing divorce and regicide.

Cambridge then urged students to converse in Greek, Latin or Hebrew.

In his magnum opus 'Paradise Lost', he only mentions one contemporary in name; does anybody know?

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 30th, 2013, 06:36 PM   #6
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Clark 252-3

Frederick the Great

"All religions are just as good as each other, as long as the people who practise them are honest, and even if Turks and heathens came and wanted to populate this country, then we would build mosques and temples for them"

"He also abolished torture and reduced the number of crimes punishable by death. "
In France, 1766, "one found guilty of blasphemy had his right arm hacked off and tongue torn out before being burned at the stake."

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 30th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #7
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

A while ago, when I was reading on a bench, a little kid approached me and with his cute voice, asked;

"Are you a stranger?"

I was at a loss..

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 31st, 2013, 06:36 AM   #8
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

I have the much shorter version but this edition looks really enticing

Oh, and also saw Phil Jackson at the bookstore, he was booksigning.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 31st, 2013, 06:39 AM   #9
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

a MUST see at Florence

Diomedes and Hercules in a tight...

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 05:48 AM   #10
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

One of my favorite painters John Singer Sargent; I love his portraiture, but he also painted this;

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 05:50 AM   #11
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Lasciate ogne speranza voi ch'entate

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 05:52 AM   #12
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Forgot to visit this place when I visited SF; Grace Church.

Note the DOOR. It's a replica of..a famous door in FLORENCE.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 05:53 AM   #13
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

noticed this attractive gal in the bookstore

'Mariana' by Millais

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 05:57 AM   #14
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

I'm glad Dan Brown mentioned a nice little gem 'Little Romance'
He must've been a fan of Diane Lane

And did you know Quarantine came from Quaranta, 40 days? Venice required incoming ships to
moor off for that time to prevent a spreading of plague..

I need to buy a plague mask

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 07:15 AM   #15
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Finished 'Inferno' by Dan Brown today and started 'Guns at Last Light' by Atkinson, as funny as ever Sped through the 1st 100 pages.

- Woodrow Wilson