Amazing Athletic Anca Barna ! - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 26th, 2003, 12:47 AM   #91
fan22

fan22 is just really nice fan22 is just really nice fan22 is just really nice fan22 is just really nice fan22 is just really nice fan22 is just really nice fan22 is just really nice fan22 is just really nice fan22 is just really nice fan22 is just really nice fan22 is just really nice
Congrats to Anca B for her upset win in rd.1 of
US Open over Lina K.!

Germany's Anca Barna celebrates her victory over Russia's Lina Krasnoroutskaya during the first round of the US Open in New York, Aug. 25, 2003. Barna won 6-1, 0-6, 6-3. (AP Photo/Charles Krupa)

Germany's Anca Barna returns to Russia's Lina Krasnoroutskaya during the first round
of the US Open in New York, Aug. 25, 2003. Barna won 6-1, 0-6, 6-3.
(AP Photo/Charles Krupa)

Nice 1st set, nice 3rd set....what's up with the bagel in the middle?

same pics (larger version of #2):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XNYF160082520_1024x768.jpg (56.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg XNYF159082520_1024x768.jpg (91.8 KB, 13 views)
fan22 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 26th, 2003, 01:24 AM   #92
fan22

fan22 is just really nice fan22 is just really nice fan22 is just really nice fan22 is just really nice fan22 is just really nice fan22 is just really nice fan22 is just really nice fan22 is just really nice fan22 is just really nice fan22 is just really nice fan22 is just really nice
Anca serving in her win over Lina K.

German Anca Barna serves to Lina Krasnoroutskaya of Russia during their match at the
2003 U.S. Open in Flushing, New York August 25, 2003.
Barna defeated Krasnoroutskaya 6-1 0-6 6-3.
REUTERS/Carlos Barria REUTERS

HUGE high-res version of same pic: http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2003-...ORT-TENNIS.jpg

same pic:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2003-08-25T231920Z_01_USO55D_RTRIDSP_2_SPORT-TENNIS.jpg (41.4 KB, 13 views)
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 01:55 AM   #93
fan22

FLUSHING, NEW YORK - AUGUST 25: Anca Barna of Germany returns a shot to Lina Krasnoroutskaya
of Russia during the US Open August 25, 2003 at the USTA National Tennis Center,
Flushing Meadows Corona Park, in Flushing, New York.
(Photo by Nick Laham/Getty Images)

same pic:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20030826_01_2412558nl091_us_open.jpg (20.3 KB, 9 views)
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 06:33 AM   #94
country flag JackFrost

JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute
Well done, Anca!
JackFrost is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 06:50 PM   #95
country flag Steff_forever
GIMME SHELTER

Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the pics !!!

Great Anca. It's good to see you belong to world class after defeating the Clijsters-eater ...

Angelique Kerber | Ana Ivanovic | Annika Beck

forgive, you will never reach the level of my loyalty for the best that has ever played:
__Steffi forever__

Steff_forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 02:42 PM   #96
fan22

one more from win over LINA K :

same pic:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg us_barna.jpg (15.0 KB, 6 views)
Old Aug 30th, 2003, 10:32 PM   #97
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute
Perhaps Anca and Italy's Antonella Serra-Zanetti should form a club: My Sister Adriana is on the Tour, Too!

YUG flag, because it never should have split up.
*JR* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2003, 07:16 PM   #98
fan22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyRoger
Perhaps Anca and Italy's Antonella Serra-Zanetti should form a club: My Sister Adriana is on the Tour, Too!
LOL JollyRoger
in case anyone is interested...here are 2 pics of Adriana Barna

btw...it looks like she's riding the coattails of Anca's FILA contract (or stealing her clothes )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 030503-121.jpg (44.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 030503-204.jpg (34.1 KB, 23 views)
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 09:58 PM   #99
Erdinger
Registered 1

Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all
Cool

Today I met Adriana Barna!

The owner of my favorite pub in Nürnberg, Stefan, who is also the fitness trainer of Anca and Adriana, was celebrating his birthday in his pub . And guess who showed up: Adriana with her boyfriend (No Anca, obvious reason: Bali).

Of course Stefan dragged me immediately to Adriana and introduced me as a big tennis fan. It was great! First I congratulated her for her jump today to #209, one spot ahead of Nina Dübbers, and she said "Great, we can't stand each other anyways" lol! Then we talked about her sister playing in Bali, she knew the result of the first round, but she was very interested when I told her that it was really close (Anca almost choked!).

She nearly spilled her drink when I congratulated her for her win over Navratilova in Hechingen, Gabriela Navratilova, that is .

Then we talked about this and that, US Open and stuff, she is really a nice girl, and I hope I will meet her again in the future.

And fan22, thanks a lot for your pics of Adriana! I printed them (because I was warned that she might join the party), and I got a great personal autograph from her on the first pic
Erdinger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 11:31 PM   #100
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute
Anca (and Babsi Schwartz) prove that you can be a lefthanded native German speaker without having a soap opera for a life.

YUG flag, because it never should have split up.
*JR* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2003, 01:51 PM   #101
country flag pan

pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdinger
Today I met Adriana Barna!

The owner of my favorite pub in Nürnberg, Stefan, who is also the fitness trainer of Anca and Adriana, was celebrating his birthday in his pub .

nice story! which pub is it? i'm in erlangen and spend a lot of evenings in nbg.

btw, ANCA is in bali-qf! 63 16 63 against CHO(8).
Old Sep 10th, 2003, 05:23 PM   #102
fan22

Erdinger.... Cool...nice timing, huh...glad that worked out!

Maybe you can scan in her pic with Adriana's signature...it'll be cool to show how this board can work! One person shares something....another person takes it to the next step from there and then shares back to the board

Anyway....here's a pic of Anca from Bali Tournament Website:

same pic:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg barna.jpg (82.1 KB, 14 views)
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 08:37 AM   #103
Erdinger
Registered 1

Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by pan
nice story! which pub is it? i'm in erlangen and spend a lot of evenings in nbg.
It's the "Alibi" in Rollnerstrasse 13.

And fan22, I have no scanner but I try to ask a friend to scan it in.

Anca, congrats for reaching the QF! Now good luck against Chanda!!
Erdinger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 12:18 PM   #104
country flag pan

pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdinger
It's the "Alibi" in Rollnerstrasse 13.
thanx, i'll check it out!
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 06:17 AM   #105
country flag RobM88

RobM88 is a name known to all RobM88 is a name known to all RobM88 is a name known to all RobM88 is a name known to all RobM88 is a name known to all RobM88 is a name known to all RobM88 is a name known to all RobM88 is a name known to all RobM88 is a name known to all RobM88 is a name known to all RobM88 is a name known to all
With her victory today over Yoon Jeong Cho (6-0 6-2) in Shanghai, it is very possible that Anca will get back to her highest ranking this next week, #53. Of course it depends on how a few other players do. If she can beat Ashley Harkleroad, she will definitely reach a new all time best! Good luck Anca!!!
RobM88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote